Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@BlackSheepOG

Should I be worrried about this that i read on that site you gave me??

"The size of the conductors (individual wires) inside a sub-feed cable dictates how much current (measured in Amps) can flow through that cable. We used 6-3G cable, which is normally capable of handling 50 Amps. But... there is a maximum length to that cable, 55 feet, before there is a possible problem of a voltage drop happening."

I measure the best I could with a tape measure but its not exact. I believe I have right round 50ft give or take 5ish feet....Should I have gotten a gauge bigger wire?? Is the 6/3 wire going to be safe enough?

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

@BlackSheepOG

Should I be worrried about this that i read on that site you gave me??

"The size of the conductors (individual wires) inside a sub-feed cable dictates how much current (measured in Amps) can flow through that cable. We used 6-3G cable, which is normally capable of handling 50 Amps. But... there is a maximum length to that cable, 55 feet, before there is a possible problem of a voltage drop happening."

I measure the best I could with a tape measure but its not exact. I believe I have right round 50ft give or take 5ish feet....Should I have gotten a gauge bigger wire?? Is the 6/3 wire going to be safe enough?

I'd lay it out when you get it and see if it's long enough. If it's just barely long enough I'd go up a size cause you want at least 5ft extra play just in case you gotta go somewhere you didn't plan. You can return it for bigger if it doesn't work if you haven't cut into it. If you do go up wire size you can go up to that 60 amp.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Lazerus00

Go measure exact. Exact exact exact as you can. Keep in mind vertical lengths as well as horizontal.
yea i guess i am goin to go drill all the holes thru walls that i am going to need then run a string along the entire length to get an exact measurement....How much xtra length should i leave at each side for the boxes?? or if you are unsure... @BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Better question for @BlackSheepOG but 2.5'? going off half the 5' extra amount..

You are correct! 2-2 1/2 ft extra just incase, shouldn't need that much but better safe then sorry.

Hey and just so I have the info....If i needed the next size up, would it be 4/3 NM-B??? Because im trying to find 75ft of it at home depot and i cannot...... @BlackSheepOG

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Romex-500-ft-4-3-Black-Stranded-SIMpull-NM-B-Wire-63968205/202316202

I'm trying to find it by the ft for ya. I think Lowes carries it by the foot, give them a call. I'd do it for ya but I'm just headed out the door to take our boys to grandpas for boy-scouts camp out weekend. If you can't find it I'll look when I get home bro.

shemshemet

shemshemet

@Lazerus00 also you should really check the local electrical suppliers. I had to call 3 around me, only one of them cut it by the foot. But the price was perfect. Not super cheap, but definitely more cost effective.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

You are correct! 2-2 1/2 ft extra just incase, shouldn't need that much but better safe then sorry.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Romex-500-ft-4-3-Black-Stranded-SIMpull-NM-B-Wire-63968205/202316202

I'm trying to find it by the ft for ya. I think Lowes carries it by the foot, give them a call. I'd do it for ya but I'm just headed out the door to take our boys to grandpas for boy-scouts camp out weekend. If you can't find it I'll look when I get home bro.
i found it at platts online...thank you

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter

Junk

Junk

hey bro if you want me to have a back up mom get at me. those starfighter x yeti 3 are healthy.

lol I took some of my clones out of light, put in a dark cabinet for 4 days, they are alive and growing roots lol. I thought they would have just died.

I lost it. I used this product called Gnat Nix. It says to layer like 3/4" over the top soil. I put, MAYBE, 1/4" (and I know what a 1/4" looks like) Two days later, it was a train wreck in there. I don't know what happened because other people I know use that product with no problems, but it straight up killed almost every mom I had. Aj's appears ok? As well as the LLxLav tall. Everything else is quite dead. I can get them back no problem....it just sucks. This is the second time I've lost the mom tent.

I took some plants out of the tent 6 weeks ago or so and put them in the corner. @Lazerus00 iirc, had a male plant one time that he just "found" and it was still alive....even though it was in the dark for so long.

I can now verify that....it's bizarre. I took out a plant the same day I cut those clones for you and just put it in the corner of the basement. The plant is still alive....and actually not in bad shape considering. Of course I believed Laz when he told us here....but it's a different thing to see it. It's gotta be 6 weeks of very little light, and...it's still kicking.

Meanwhile, the plants I want to keep, were decimated. Some of them (I'll grab pics) just up and died, exactly as they were. Green, but dead as a door nail. I've never seen this happen to any plant.

So, I can't say it was the gnat nix....the shop I got it from uses it all the time. But that was the only thing that changed...then a couple days later...most plants were dead. Some looked ok, but just died later on.

The only thing left is Aj's Sour, and the LLxlav tall, and a Yeti I'm trying to keep alive. But I tried to clone those....and I don't know if the gnat nix did something or what...but they will not root.

I guess, on the upside, I'm not as upset about losing the mom tent now that it's the second time. Maybe it gets easier each time.

Junk

Junk

Sorry but dude needs to lower his expectations for that price, especially for a commercial image. Any pro photographer would cringe at this conversation.
Agreed.

But sometimes, you just gotta eat it to get your foot in the door. I could not even begin to tell you how many beats I have given away vs. sold...just for the exposure.

Top Bottom