Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Anybody that has experience with growing outdoors in the northeast....When should I start seeing flowering or seeing my plants show sex? Please and thank you

str8smokn

str8smokn

@MGRox thank you for the response. I kind of figured a little stress wouldn't hurt,seeing how I've already pulled some male sac's.

Max Frost

Max Frost

I personally use Grow1 glasses and @Tnelz uses Apollo and i can promise they are a definite and work just as good M7's. M7's imo are way to expensive , but i also agree with Max they are a must have for any growerbut would check into Grow1 or Apollo, grow glasses.
Positive vibes

I wish I'd known about them before I bought these!! I'm NOT at all about the name or company...just what the tool does! If you can get the color correction and uvc protection (uva & b are important too...but any decent sunglasses will filter these) at a lower price then by all means do!!! I would've if I'd known!! That's what I get for not checking with you guys BEFORE! I was just cruising Amazon and saw a pair of their new transition model that is designed for double duty as grow-room AND outdoor shades that get dark in high light conditions outdoors...but do not darken in the grow-room! Pretty cool! Anyway...saw these for $35 cheaper than the website plus free shipping so I just clicked the hell yeah button! haha!

Still need ta git me som o' dem goggles yet.

@Max Frost Yeah the liquid karma doesn't show many ppm's on the calculators (I.e. n,p,k,mg,s, etc), though yep; they do add ppms. (same with most any additive I guess along those lines). For the calculators' there's no miracle here. There are a few threads on the forum here discussing these calcs and how to use them. I agree they are handy to have around and I try to look at profiles for all mfg's and growers's runs.
I use the "Premixppm" (not saltmix) from angelfire; though also many use "hydro buddy". Either one of those programs work well and are fairly easy to get used to. The premixppm, you just input the %'s of elements in your mixes; then just set reservoir size and weights; finally it shows the ppms. (Note the "Total elements" {at the bottom column total] that was shown in the profile pics I posted is NOT ppms).

@str8smokn you should be fine switching the light schedule like that......sure you'll cause a bit of stress, but that shouldn't be too bad (I suppose you already mention hermies). If you are going to switch, maybe cut the last indoor (night schedule) time in half or something. That way they get a bit of darkness before swapping to the daytime OD schedule (or even a full dark day) I.E. run 7pm - 2am then lights out; next morning set outside @ 7am.

Guess I'll post some pics

One Headband 818 pheno @ 10weeks, fading nicely.
View attachment 528189

Kinda full here, but the main focused plant is a different pheno of the same 818 headband, but is at 6 weeks. This one is getting.......MIRACLE GROW based mix Woot!! (#MGrox)
View attachment 528190

Last is a week 4 (30 days) shot of my trusty Bullrider. An older strain, so it doesn't have the heft or structure of many new varieties, though still cannot find something hands down better. Also getting MIRACLE GROW based mix (#MGrox)
View attachment 528191

@ MGRox - Thanks Pal! I actually have missed all nfo on these calcs somehow! I'm THRILLED to know they exist I'm gonna have ALL KINDS of fun with that!! haha! May I ask which one you used to prepare (thank you again, btw) the reports for my mix? If you could include a link to where you DL'd it...I be ever so appreciative!!!

So you're running an MG Mix? I've heard allot of folks say it rocks when used correctly. I know for a fact...it SUCKS BALLS when ya don't!! haha!! Of course...that can be said about SO many things, can't it? I think one of the reasons it has such a bad rep is because so many first time growers use it and when their shit cries, fries & dies...they don't know any better EXCEPT to blame it on the MG. Also...you can taste it if it's not flushed...but gain...that's true of allot. I guess what I'm saying is...if all Rembrandt had to work with was crayons...there would still have been some damn fine art!! Where would I find info on your grow? Do you have a thread or is it earlier in this thread? I have not even tried to go back...lol. Thanks again bro!

@str8smokn - You could I guess...but if they're already throwing balls...why bother? Hell bro, just move them bitches and don't sweat it. The worst is already happening!! May I ask why you're keeping a Herm? We have a STRICT "shoot on sight" policy in place here!!

I'm at the outdoor spot as I'm writing visiting my girl :)

Did a little supercropping and cleaning her up at the bottom:

View attachment 528205

View attachment 528206

Took some mazerial with me to preserve the genetics and flower some for myself

View attachment 528207

View attachment 528208

Keep it green everyone!

Niiiiiice! Love a beautiful outdoor spot! And ain't technology grand that you can share it with the world from the palm of your hand while on-location! That shit was ONLY available on Star Trek when I started growing back in the 70's!! Haha! It would've been unthinkable back then! Of course we didn't have tracking devices and audio microphones hidden in our currency back then either, and nobody was likely to attack you and your family at the movies with pepper spray and a hatchet either. Or blow you up at an event. So yeah...I'm gonna call em the good ol days! Beautiful plant tho bro!! And it's sure a wonderful day to be outside!!! Just enjoy the fuck out of it!!!

@MGRox thank you for the response. I kind of figured a little stress wouldn't hurt,seeing how I've already pulled some male sac's.View attachment 528211

Srrry...I guess I asked the Q. I was gonna ask you already. (I did my wake and bake this am with Green Goo's "Bully"! It's Blockhead x Afghan and really is about the most potent, heaviest hitting indica I've ever smoked. And it was just a HUGE yeilder too! I got almost an elbow dried from one 4-1/2' ft plant that was on it's seed run. the clone runs will be even bigger. And dialing her in will add a bit more weight as well. THIS ONE is a KEEPER!!! It has the most amazing cherry hash taste too! Chem (breeder) tells me there is a pheno that shows every now and then that is pure cherries!!Mmmm!! Srry for rambling! Haha...that is one of the side effects! I think I'll just do another bong hit and play a nice game of "Find Your Foot"! lol. Hope y'all have a GREAT Sunday!! Best, Max

Last edited:
Max Frost

Max Frost

@MGRox, bro...I just went back and saw you already answered my question on which program you used. Srry. It's Sunday and I take no responsibility. I will however, take another bong hit!

EDIT: Thanks again man. Already found and DL'd it!!! What a blast!!!

Last edited:
Power OG

Power OG

@Max Frost nothing wrong at all with M7's there the Oakley of grow glasses, these are the ones i got by Gruve, Grow1 hps/mh glasses, case and all 20$ free shipping. I absolutely love them.
Screenshot 2015 08 09 14 16 58
Also i just purchased a pack of Medmans RKS x WestCoast Sour Diesel, and Devines Ecsd x Cookies and @Tnelz got the the tru og x cookies so get on that huge relist of beans and medmans new drop is insane. A bunch of dank fellas. Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Respect

Tnelz

Tnelz

Well...I finally broke down and bought a pair of the Method Seven glasses! I absolutely LOVE them!! They really work too!! Here's a pic I got just by putting them up in front of my phone cam!

View attachment 528083
Wow...they REALLY do help you to be able to work better and spot probs earlier!! Not to mention that the UVC rays (that are naturally filtered by the atmosphere outdoors) are at very dangerous levels under intense HID/HPS lighting!! Gots to wear dat protection boyz!! Best, Max
I'll tell u maxi just bought a 20 dollar pair and they stay on my head in the
I wish I'd known about them before I bought these!! I'm NOT at all about the name or company...just what the tool does! If you can get the color correction and uvc protection (uva & b are important too...but any decent sunglasses will filter these) at a lower price then by all means do!!! I would've if I'd known!! That's what I get for not checking with you guys BEFORE! I was just cruising Amazon and saw a pair of their new transition model that is designed for double duty as grow-room AND outdoor shades that get dark in high light conditions outdoors...but do not darken in the grow-room! Pretty cool! Anyway...saw these for $35 cheaper than the website plus free shipping so I just clicked the hell yeah button! haha!

@ MGRox - Thanks Pal! I actually have missed all nfo on these calcs somehow! I'm THRILLED to know they exist I'm gonna have ALL KINDS of fun with that!! haha! May I ask which one you used to prepare (thank you again, btw) the reports for my mix? If you could include a link to where you DL'd it...I be ever so appreciative!!!

So you're running an MG Mix? I've heard allot of folks say it rocks when used correctly. I know for a fact...it SUCKS BALLS when ya don't!! haha!! Of course...that can be said about SO many things, can't it? I think one of the reasons it has such a bad rep is because so many first time growers use it and when their shit cries, fries & dies...they don't know any better EXCEPT to blame it on the MG. Also...you can taste it if it's not flushed...but gain...that's true of allot. I guess what I'm saying is...if all Rembrandt had to work with was crayons...there would still have been some damn fine art!! Where would I find info on your grow? Do you have a thread or is it earlier in this thread? I have not even tried to go back...lol. Thanks again bro!

@str8smokn - You could I guess...but if they're already throwing balls...why bother? Hell bro, just move them bitches and don't sweat it. The worst is already happening!! May I ask why you're keeping a Herm? We have a STRICT "shoot on sight" policy in place here!!

Niiiiiice! Love a beautiful outdoor spot! And ain't technology grand that you can share it with the world from the palm of your hand while on-location! That shit was ONLY available on Star Trek when I started growing back in the 70's!! Haha! It would've been unthinkable back then! Of course we didn't have tracking devices and audio microphones hidden in our currency back then either, and nobody was likely to attack you and your family at the movies with pepper spray and a hatchet either. Or blow you up at an event. So yeah...I'm gonna call em the good ol days! Beautiful plant tho bro!! And it's sure a wonderful day to be outside!!! Just enjoy the fuck out of it!!!

Srrry...I guess I asked the Q. I was gonna ask you already. (I did my wake and bake this am with Green Goo's "Bully"! It's Blockhead x Afghan and really is about the most potent, heaviest hitting indica I've ever smoked. And it was just a HUGE yeilder too! I got almost an elbow dried from one 4-1/2' ft plant that was on it's seed run. the clone runs will be even bigger. And dialing her in will add a bit more weight as well. THIS ONE is a KEEPER!!! It has the most amazing cherry hash taste too! Chem (breeder) tells me there is a pheno that shows every now and then that is pure cherries!!Mmmm!! Srry for rambling! Haha...that is one of the side effects! I think I'll just do another bong hit and play a nice game of "Find Your Foot"! lol. Hope y'all have a GREAT Sunday!! Best, Max
Ya max I think we got lucky on the glasses. I was very close to purchasing the method 7s. I've had very good luck with Apollo as a company so figured I'd give them a shot. @15 bucks I figured screw it ya know. Did a little research and grabbed them. Things are amazing. I'm sure the method 7s are a bit better looking and probably better crafted but overall I'd say they are pretty similar. Although the Apollo version are on the ugly side lol. Either way it's the protection that's important so glad u got a pair and glad u like them. I feel u on it being Sunday. I'm so hungover. Trying to smoke it away. Lol. Respect bro!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

My outside girls...kinda sucks that there is no good place on my property that gets direct sun all day, since the days are starting to get shorter seems they only get 6-8hrs of direct sun. Also it's been so long that I forget when these guys should start showing their sex. I wanna make sure I don't have any hidden males, ya know?
IMG 20150809 1513591
IMG 20150809 1513131
IMG 20150809 1512501
IMG 20150809 1513421
IMG 20150809 1512561

IMG 20150809 1513321
str8smokn

str8smokn

@Max Frost I was just going to let them finish and do a hash run with the buds, of course discard any seeds that do come about(bird food).Two of the three are pretty frosty to me so I'd hate to let the frost go I guess. There's not but maybe four more weeks left I'm figuring,I can move in/out of my shed every day until finish,just keep way away from my indoor ladies,and I will still pull any sac's I can catch.

STR8

drewski85

drewski85

@Lazerus00 my girls started showing sex prob 3-4 weeks ago.a few plants started showing visible resin glands this week . if your fall is reasonably mild,expect harvesting around the end of sept-mid Oct(depending on genetics).although some sat doms need til Nov.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

@Lazerous00 my girls started showing sex prob 3-4 weeks ago.a few plants started showing visible resin glands this week . if your fall is reasonably mild,expect harvesting around the end of sept-mid Oct(depending on genetics).
Are you located in the NE?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Can any of you cats help me out on a decision please?

I'm looking to buy a pure Ca product but can not decide what to take. Either CaO or CaCO3? What would be better for for root drench so none of the stuff builds up in soil and clogs it? I don't want to end up with a brick in my pot at harvest time since I'm recycling my soil.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Positive vibes!

Max Frost

Max Frost

@Max Frost nothing wrong at all with M7's there the Oakley of grow glasses, these are the ones i got by Gruve, Grow1 hps/mh glasses, case and all 20$ free shipping. I absolutely love them.View attachment 528256 Also i just purchased a pack of Medmans RKS x WestCoast Sour Diesel, and Devines Ecsd x Cookies and @Tnelz got the the tru og x cookies so get on that huge relist of beans and medmans new drop is insane. A bunch of dank fellas. Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Respect

They look nice man! Damn sure allot cheaper. These are just like if you'd gone to the eye doctor and gotten them. Top quality all around. These are the Coup model that have the transitions lenses that get darker outdoors but stay lighter in the growroom. A Nice feature if you're pulling double-duty...which mine prob won't! Haha. I'm not sure I want to be wearing a method 7 logo around here!! haha!! They're a dedicated tool now anyway.

RKS...Mmmmm!!

Stinky

I've got a cut of some old school RKS coming myself and CANNOT WAIT!!! It's getting so that you can't find a REAL RKS in any average pack of large breeder beans (that I know of anyway).

I think one of the biggest challenges new growers face is learning the seed game! Those beautiful plants you've drooled over in HT and Skunk that made you want to start growing...you have to understand that those pics represent the best of the best!! Yes, if you see a pic of a Blueberry in a mag and it's described as a wonderful creamy bb taste and smell...you think...ok, I'll grow that! What they DON'T tell you is...you probably won't find that plant in a single pack of seed! You might have to go thru 10 packs or more...it's strain and breeder dependent, of course...but is just one more reason why I've come to despise the large breeders and only use the private and Elite guys! I find their work to be much more stable and just plain better in every way.It's also really nice to be able to ask a question -- DIRECTLY to the guy who created it-- about lineage, growth, etc. Srry guys. don't let me get started! But when I think of how damn much hard-earned money I wasted before I learned that, it just pisses me off! Again...I'm talking about the large commercial breeders here and not the hardworking independent or Elite guys!! Just want to make clear the diff!!

@Max Frost I was just going to let them finish and do a hash run with the buds, of course discard any seeds that do come about(bird food).Two of the three are pretty frosty to me so I'd hate to let the frost go I guess. There's not but maybe four more weeks left I'm figuring,I can move in/out of my shed every day until finish,just keep way away from my indoor ladies,and I will still pull any sac's I can catch.

STR8

I feel ya bro. I personally wouldn't waste the time or space but I wish you the best!

Max Frost

Max Frost

@Max Frost Yeah the liquid karma doesn't show many ppm's on the calculators (I.e. n,p,k,mg,s, etc), though yep; they do add ppms. (same with most any additive I guess along those lines). For the calculators' there's no miracle here. There are a few threads on the forum here discussing these calcs and how to use them. I agree they are handy to have around and I try to look at profiles for all mfg's and growers's runs.
I use the "Premixppm" (not saltmix) from angelfire; though also many use "hydro buddy". Either one of those programs work well and are fairly easy to get used to. The premixppm, you just input the %'s of elements in your mixes; then just set reservoir size and weights; finally it shows the ppms. (Note the "Total elements" {at the bottom column total] that was shown in the profile pics I posted is NOT ppms).

Ok bro...Again, let me start by thanking you for turning me onto the nute calcs! I DL'd both and got all the data installed. Now I'll just have to get thru the learning curve and play with it a bit til I know what I'm doing! In the meantime...Here's what I got for my measurements last night...

Nute Mix Profile 8 09 15

*I mix 4 gals at a time in 5 gal buckets.
**Note here that the ppms are cumulative. Meaning the number represents the ppm total after being added to the others present before it.

So...I find a couple of surprises here by doing this (with a "hopefully" more accurate and cal'd meter)! First...can this be correct that the Liquid Kool Bloom is ONLY adding 50 ppms at 5 ml/gal? Can somebody double-check that for me that has it around and see if you find the same? So does this mean the hottest thing I'm running is the Liquid Karma??!!! lmao!!!

Top Bottom