Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

all you need to do is achieve balance... look at Albrecht's ratios...

http://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglibrary/010143albpap/ph.balanced nutrition/ph.bal.nut.htm

the CaCO3 is a major controlling factor for ph, but its excess Mg that binds soils.

http://corn.agronomy.wisc.edu/Management/pdfs/a2986.pdf

more...

http://www.noble.org/ag/soils/soilacidity/

https://www.ipni.net/publication/nss.nsf/0/38667381F317E4A2852579AF00767382/$FILE/NSS-18 Lime.pdf

What I'm actually trying to achieve is to fix a fuckup I did when preping my soil. I forgot to add ground egshells in the compost i made and also forgot to add them to the mix I did. So I need to get some Ca in the soil since theres no supply of it inthere and my tap most likely doesn't have enough in it. So instead of buying stupidly expensive botteled Ca products I thought I'd go the powdered source way since its way cheaper. And my plants are already in their final pots :(

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

@Max Frost Gotta love hydrobuddy... I use my nute calc at least once every few eeks, its indispensable imo, good for figuring out bottles you wanna use up, new formulations etc. currently building my raw salts program with it. And nice job finding a solid cherry plant with potency, everyone used to rave about cherry ak47 but every cherry pheno of any bean I popped hs been the subpar pheno in potency. I and I think the majority of forum growers agree with ya on the old guard's bullshit, thats why there was a huge swing in the market around 04-06 with the US underground guys coming out on top, and the big guys biting their work... Unless its been well detailed documented and extensively worked line or true breeding for the most part I wont pop/buy no less than 3 packs to sort. Shit I dropped 1.5k back in the day on old sensi Black domina stock... 10+ packs, to sort through... You gotta document that RKS, next thing we know, everyone will be jocking you for a cut lol!

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

@Toaster79 not sure if you're already aware, but when it comes to soil science, @SeaF0ur is a god amongst men.. Lol, just messing, but he is by far one of the most level headed, knowledgeable guys on soil building i've had the pleasure of reading in my 6 years online...

Toaster79

Toaster79

@Toaster79 not sure if you're already aware, but when it comes to soil science, @SeaF0ur is a god amongst men.. Lol, just messing, but he is by far one of the most level headed, knowledgeable guys on soil building i've had the pleasure of reading in my 6 years online...

I'm well aware of that and I'm really flattered he chimed in :)

Pimp T

Pimp T

The NL5 I used to run, was very pine hashy, it had a range of flavors from sweet citrus bubblegum, to deep hashy earth, selected mine out of multiple packs of old sensi stock along with Black Domina. I would suggest a full haze type cultivar if you want that electric metal, incensey taste. Had an opportunity to run to Miami Blacks, bungled that one hard as hell
guys always tell me.im crazy when I say electric metal thats exactly what im looking for. U kno any hazes by name I could get with that heavy metal?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Hey people of the thread about whatever by Tnelz!

Debating here. I'm flipping to 12/12 tomorrow. My current schedule is as such. Lights off at 10am, lights on at 4pm. I'm going to want to run the lights on for 12/12 during the daylight hours, thinking 8am to 8pm. Maybe 10am to 10pm. So today, should I allow them to run their normal light schedule and change the time tomorrow, leading to 36 hours straight light, or leave them in the dark and change the timer to the 12/12 schedule? Thoughts on this matter?

One Love,
tobh

Last edited:
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

guys always tell me.im crazy when I say electric metal thats exactly what im looking for. U kno any hazes by name I could get with that heavy metal?
snow high seeds have metal haze if thats along the lines your looking for .

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I'm just some asshole who reads a lot.... you should be alright adding it in similar to a topdress... I wouldnt go too heavy, because any EWC you used or plants composted via compost or manure contain CaCO3

I always give a 24-36 hour lights off period at flip... it really seems to kick start flowering a bit faster

Max Frost

Max Frost

Hey people of the thread about whatever by Tnelz!

Debating here. I'm flipping to 12/12 tomorrow. My current schedule is as such. Lights off at 10am, lights on at 4pm. I'm going to want to run the lights on for 12/12 during the daylight hours, thinking 8am to 8pm. Maybe 10am to 10pm. So today, should I allow them to run their normal light schedule and change the time tomorrow, leading to 36 hours straight light, or leave them in the dark and change the timer to the 12/12 schedule? Thoughts on this matter?

One Love,
tobh

IMO...it really doesn't make any real-world diff! I've done it both ways...& really casn't tell much difference either way. The proper, textbook way would be to acclimate them over a period of a few days. Who has time for that nonsense? If it were me, I'd leave them in the dark for the extra. That'll only help build up an excess of flowering hormone and could arguably even give them a little head start on flowering. Good luck with your run bro! best, Max

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

First that comes to mind, is the Miami Blacks/piff/frankies/uptown/Heights Haze, used to make its way round florida, very electric, almost tongue numbing smoke. Very , very hard to find info/pics, let alone a cut, I've seen very few people out of all the years being lusted over by a huge number of guys, rockin her. I was never into the hazes a whole lot preferring the more indy dom/ indy cultivars for my ailments. But if you can find an old SSH or any older haze lines, Tom Hill, Sam Skunk etc. That should work out fine for ya, I would look for these characteristics: Super light feeding, long ass flowering time(90+ days and you should have a good one). Don't bother with SLH, used to run her exclusively outdoors in the summer seasons here. Great Haze type line but nothing what you're looking for imo, too much of a lemon touch, really takes away from the pure haze feel and taste. Beyond that I'm not familiar, sorry amigo, I hoped this helped though @Pimp T

Pimp T

Pimp T

I actually looked them up bio says its called metal haze because their room is metal lit or someshit nothing to do with taste I actually was gonna go with it until I saw the description. Ever since I got haze in new york that had a sweet pine with heavy metal exhale I was hooked. Thinkin about using obsouleets alien tech x northern lights #5 and some definite metallic incense haze and breeding my own recreation. Then make a few generations to solidify my desired characteristics @Ned Kelly

MGRox

MGRox

So you're running an MG Mix? I've heard allot of folks say it rocks when used correctly. I know for a fact...it SUCKS BALLS when ya don't!! haha!!
You know someone who did well with it? :D:D Yea MG, or really many commercial fertz have some issues. Most do not have any Ca or Mg, also most don't have enough K for what we tend to run and last many commercial ferts do no include any nitrate-nitrogen in their mix.
There is some "magic" in MG, though that's something not specific to MG per se and can be found in many other ferts etc (Even Aptus ;););)). Having said that, I wouldn't recommend MG as a sole fert or to any newcomer. Still testing various strains (few I have atm). Some strains "like" it better than others.
Where would I find info on your grow? Do you have a thread or is it earlier in this thread?
I don't have a grow thread or anything unfortunately. I've debated about it quite often, but because of my local and all; I'll just be a puss. I've talked about my setup before / don't hide stuff; I just don't do certain pics much. For a quickie. 4x8 floor w/ (1-600 & 1 6/750 flex). Soil mix from few pages ago and 1 gallon (3 liter technically) Airpots. Auto watered "when needed". Uhhh, perpetual 3 in/out per week and 10 week length. Veg space is 20" x 40", 3-tier area w/ LED or PC's (dependin on level). Recently changed to small turbocloner, from diy bubbler for cuts.
can this be correct that the Liquid Kool Bloom is ONLY adding 50 ppms at 5 ml/gal?
I tested 1ML added to 1/2 gallon(r/o) with 2 meters (0.5) and showed 80 and 76 ppm. As long as I didn't mess somethin' up, that would be about 40ppm or 80uS per ml per gallon.

@tobh xD you got all you need for answers while I was writin' this, heh. Gotta love it!

Thanks guys for pointing out the names of those cheaper glasses. I was hesitating on the methods for price, now I have no excuse.
@Pimp T I got no Ideas man, I'm sorry there. Not had the luxury of tryin' many hazes. good luck with the search.

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

@Pimp T If you were in NY and had that, depending on where in NYC but I'm 90% sure, you were smoking the piff... The cubans and Dominicans used to run the fuck outta it before the sours, kush, cali craze. Some still do but its getting rarer and rarer, and more and more locked down. Down here they don't even give her out to the other hispanic crews anymore either, after tons of guys jumped ship for shorter timed, easier growing kushes. Its a thing of blood now, actually just chatted with someone about how hard it is to grab a cut, he said, any other cut in the world is easy to grab compared to the Blacks/piff, funny timing. I had a chance to run her 5 years back but i trashed it for the same reason lots of dudes unknowingly do. I call myself stupid everytime I think about it. Yields huge 3.5 under 1k mags, no problem easy, the most electrifying tasting weed i ever smoked

Max Frost

Max Frost

@Max Frost Gotta love hydrobuddy... I use my nute calc at least once every few eeks, its indispensable imo, good for figuring out bottles you wanna use up, new formulations etc. currently building my raw salts program with it. And nice job finding a solid cherry plant with potency, everyone used to rave about cherry ak47 but every cherry pheno of any bean I popped hs been the subpar pheno in potency. I and I think the majority of forum growers agree with ya on the old guard's bullshit, thats why there was a huge swing in the market around 04-06 with the US underground guys coming out on top, and the big guys biting their work... Unless its been well detailed documented and extensively worked line or true breeding for the most part I wont pop/buy no less than 3 packs to sort. Shit I dropped 1.5k back in the day on old sensi Black domina stock... 10+ packs, to sort through... You gotta document that RKS, next thing we know, everyone will be jocking you for a cut lol!

Ain't that the truth!! haha. Yeah...I think I'm certainly going to enjoy using it, and I know it's going to come in handy and probably be pretty revealing! Thanks again!!

Pimp T

Pimp T

Yeah I actually got it from the grower him self everything else had labeled bags except for it. It was in harlem. Hashplantxhaze supersilverhaze widowxhaze "betsy" was some special shit too. But the sweet pine heavy metal haze had no label on it. I actually got some pretty hazy shit too from a dude in times square he was standing in front of mcdonalds saying "piff piff piff" I grabbed some from him it was pretty good but nothing like the heavy metal. @SpitXFire

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@tobh xD you got all you need for answers while I was writin' this, heh. Gotta love it!

right?! I love this forum and this thread is the shit for getting answers to problems without starting another unnecessary thread or posting in a thread that doesn't have so many top notch guys following it!

Thanks @Ned Kelly @SeaF0ur and @Max Frost for your guys prompt input! Very much appreciated!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I actually looked them up bio says its called metal haze because their room is metal lit or someshit nothing to do with taste I actually was gonna go with it until I saw the description. Ever since I got haze in new york that had a sweet pine with heavy metal exhale I was hooked. Thinkin about using obsouleets alien tech x northern lights #5 and some definite metallic incense haze and breeding my own recreation. Then make a few generations to solidify my desired characteristics @Ned Kelly
The "HAZE" I grew up on was such fire!! Also known as the chronic and piff this shit was so strong its bananas. lol a big black guy named i kid you not "bags" would sell it in like .6 gram bags for 20 or 2 for 30. Even thou it was short it was so strong no one ever cared. A lot of people ended up calling it lake weed bc it had this dirty smell like a lake or swamp. The smell did not transfer to the taste, instead the taste was more piney and woodsy...anyway i was reading about you guys talking bout haze and i thought id throw in my lil story. I know his connect was in Washington Heights and that as far as I know there is still dope boys on the streets down there moving it...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm just some asshole who reads a lot.... you should be alright adding it in similar to a topdress... I wouldnt go too heavy, because any EWC you used or plants composted via compost or manure contain CaCO3

I always give a 24-36 hour lights off period at flip... it really seems to kick start flowering a bit faster
I go 24 hrs myself and you are correct, it really seems to turbo boost the fruitification process.

Top Bottom