To All My Dwc/rdwc Growers. Water Level Discussion.

• Thread starter Midwestjay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Im sure its been discussed. But I've seen 3 arguments.
1. Keep as close to 1" below the net as possible. From veg to flower.
2. Keep it 1" below during veg and during flower fill it and let it lower to about the bottom before a change.
3. Just running 4-6 inches of water durring flower only.

I follow the second. My reasoning being once the roots hit the bottom of the bucket, its not necessary to keep them full. And they like the added oxygen and dryer root zone as the level drops.

What do you do and why? Also if you top off do you just ad pH water or do add Nutes back every time you top off

Last edited:
jammie

jammie

i keep the water level at the bottom of net pots to avoid getting those thickened chord roots. i feel the finer roots uptake more nutrients. i keep this level throughout veg and flower

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

i keep the water level at the bottom of net pots to avoid getting those thickened chord roots. i feel the finer roots uptake more nutrients. i keep this level throughout veg and flower
I've noticed I get those fat daddy roots if I let it drop. But don't see a diff in growth really. I really don't know what's better. Thanks for the input.

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Im sure its been discussed. But I've seen 3 arguments.
1. Keep as close to 1" below the net as possible. From veg to flower.
2. Keep it 1" below during veg and during flower fill it and let it lower to about the bottom before a change.
3. Just running 4-6 inches of water durring flower only.

I follow the second. My reasoning being once the roots hit the bottom of the bucket, its not necessary to keep them full. And they like the added oxygen and dryer root zone as the level drops.

What do you do and why? Also if you top off do you just ad pH water or do add Nutes back every time you top off

1 month old, over fed@ 500 ppm
Underfed to de-stun it. 30ppm

Now it's cal mag and to water 350ppm

Now its

1456553657393 1951755844
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I would make that container light proof to start. And lower the ppm maybe 200 ish no additives just base Nutes. She may not recover but I'll post a thread of mine that started bad.

Top Bottom