To bushy? And if so why?

• Thread starter Jollyfritos123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jollyfritos123

Jollyfritos123

Hey y’all!

I’m still pretty new at this just looking for some input on my 4 week old plants. I’ve never had any grow as bushy as these girls the nodes seem pretty close. Maybe stunted growth?? I might be wrong but I sure would appreciate some input!

To bushy and if so why
To bushy and if so why 2
To bushy and if so why 3
Zerberus

Zerberus

Hey y’all!

I’m still pretty new at this just looking for some input on my 4 week old plants. I’ve never had any grow as bushy as these girls the nodes seem pretty close. Maybe stunted growth?? I might be wrong but I sure would appreciate some input!
Photos or Autos? have you thought about lollipoping them? They look about ready for a bottom trim. That way they can spend all the energy on top growth

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
+1 on trimming the bottom leaves.

I'm wondering about the lights. The amount of light can affect the node spacing somewhat. They look healthy, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Jollyfritos123

Jollyfritos123

Your good they seem perfectly healthy and happy, just lollipop them and they will stretch after a few days of recovery 💪🏻
Thanks!
+1 on trimming the bottom leaves.

I'm wondering about the lights. The amount of light can affect the node spacing somewhat. They look healthy, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
this is my first run on the spider farmer SF4000 still trying to figure her out.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Is that what's recommend by the manufacturer for vegetative? Are you slightly increasing the light intensity as your plants grow? Has the distance of the light changed recently?

I’m about 20” from the canopy. And intensity is about 60% or 200watts

Jollyfritos123

Jollyfritos123

Is that what's recommend by the manufacturer for vegetative? Are you slightly increasing the light intensity as your plants grow? Has the distance of the light changed recently?
Yes I’ve been adjusting accordingly to what the manufacturer manual says.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Are those 3 gal buckets? The one on the left, the tallest plant might need a new bigger home soon, like a 5 gal grow bag... It's already pretty big if it keeps growing you might end up getting root bound and that might stunt growth and give other side effects.

Is that large plant also 4 weeks old? Because if it is, then you have it on steroids 😂 also really good that you rotated the plants around.
They all got a little clean up! I took off some lower vegetation

Jollyfritos123

Jollyfritos123

Are those 3 gal buckets? The one on the left, the tallest plant might need a new bigger home soon, like a 5 gal grow bag... It's already pretty big if it keeps growing you might end up getting root bound and that might stunt growth and give other side effects.

Is that large plant also 4 weeks old? Because if it is, then you have it on steroids 😂 also really good that you rotated the plants around.
They are only 1 gal pots. Probably in about a week I’ll move them to 5 gal fabric pots. I’ll watch the bottom of the pots as soon as the roots start poking through I’ll move them to bigger homes. And that big ass one is just on steroids 😂 it’s doing it’s own thing haha I’ll probably pull clones from that one.

Zerberus

Zerberus

Once they heal and the top growth begins to stretch, you can start some LST after a few days to shape the plants to your liking, I'm planning on keeping mine 100% leveled so that I can use all the 2x2 space I have, and all the colas are filling all the gaps in the grow space evenly.

Zerberus

Zerberus

They are only 1 gal pots. Probably in about a week I’ll move them to 5 gal fabric pots. I’ll watch the bottom of the pots as soon as the roots start poking through I’ll move them to bigger homes. And that big ass one is just on steroids 😂 it’s doing it’s own thing haha I’ll probably pull clones from that one.
Yeah that's definitely a keeper, pull clones for sure that abnormal growth has to be some weird genetics, if you flower and don't pull clones your probably going to regret it...

Keep an eye on it also, you don't want it to get too big remember in flower they stretch about 20-50% so keep that in mind...

You might have to consider topping that one if it gets too big and then doing LST so it can bush instead of stretch, Don't do anything else for now, plants have to heal from the bottom trim. But do keep an eye on it...

What's the height of the plant already? And whats the height of the tent?

socks4free

socks4free

They all got a little clean up! I took off some lower vegetation
Have you considered topping the tall one? You don't want it getting too much higher than the other plants and if it keeps growing at that rate you could run out of room!

If you aren't gonna top it you might consider raising the other plants up to the same height as the tall one so that they can can get the proper amount of light.

Otherwise they are looking gorgeous 😍 your doing something right 👍

socks4free

socks4free

I forgot to ask, are those all the same strain? Or is it two different strains? Are they feminized seeds or just regulars?

When im growing regular seeds the ones that grow up that quickly tend to be the males from my experience so if those are from regularly seeds you gotta keep an eye on the tall one.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I feel like you have an indica.

Top Bottom