To flush or not to flush? That is the question.

• Thread starter ReeferRon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ReeferRon

ReeferRon

O.k so this has been bugging me since I watched it on youtube. These folks say no in the video. I read some of the comments and obviously many growers dont agree... What is your opinion? Discuss.

BigCube

BigCube

The studies show that it's not needed, or that it may even hurt. I'm going to try my first non flush in a couple weeks. Till now I've always flushed.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

The studies show that it's not needed, or that it may even hurt. I'm going to try my first non flush in a couple weeks. Till now I've always flushed.
Me too. But, science is science. Maybe even larger yields without the flush?

What about the whole "white ash" thing...always thought that came with a good flush...

BigCube

BigCube

Me too. But, science is science. Maybe even larger yields without the flush?

What about the whole "white ash" thing...always thought that came with a good flush...

Iv always been skeptical of the whole white ash business. I've smoked stuff that gave off a white ash, but tasted like shit. Some chemicals burn clean. Some dont.

I've also heard the white ash thing for rolling papers too.

beluga

beluga

I'm to believe ash characteristics would be more of a product of moisture content/distribution, i.e. - proper drying and curing.
I had a friend growing up whose dad always talked about how you knew a Cuban (cigar) by the white ash. He always said, 'it's that island soil!'
Really, I think they just have a better climate and more stringent traditions in how they harvest, dry, and cure/ferment their tobacco.

I always thought flushing was used either to kind of 'wash out' any harsh fertilizing/pesticide chemicals absorbed by the plant (which, as I get older, doesn't really make much sense to me,) or to trigger the plant to push out some of its terminal phytochemicals that are more desirable in the finished product... which does make sense to me in a science that I'm not terribly versed in.

Top Bottom