To Flush or Not To Flush...that is the question

• Thread starter lilnew
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lilnew

lilnew

i came across a interesting study that shows no flush is actually better...what's everyones take? i guess to flush is to save money on nutes since it makes no difference...LOL
@Aqua Man @MIMedGrower @Dirtbag

HashSlingingSlasher

HashSlingingSlasher

Flushing is for toilets only....all it does is saves on nutes and starves your plant in the final 2 weeks where a bud can swell up to a good 25% of it's size.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i came across a interesting study that shows no flush is actually better...what's everyones take? i guess to flush is to save money on nutes since it makes no difference...LOL
@Aqua Man @MIMedGrower @Dirtbag
IMO its going to depend a lot on the compounds used, method of growing etc. Again I dont feel there is one answer here.

If the plants are fed healthy or over fed sure. Most bloom nutes cut nitrogen early and a flush may hamper the taste.

A flush is not mean to void the plant of nutrients period. It's mean to make sure there is no excess imo.

This study shows that for these nutrients in this media with thier feeding schedule that they dont need to flush.

In my hydro I never flushed... simply dropped the nutrient levels. In soil imo thats what a flush does. Lowers the nutrient levels.

From what I know nobody flushes with straight RO and usually like to see a media of 300-600ppm for the finish so to me thats simply reducing the nutrients based on the needs of the plant.... and that changes from room to room, grower to grower based on how and what is fed through the grow under thier conditions.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I wish they gave a bit more info on that study unless I’m missing it. What was group size? Did it say clones were used?
I couldn’t find.

that being said I don’t necessarily flush but I reduce nutes last two weeks like @Aqua Man said

Top Bottom