To flush or not to?

• Thread starter Jamie73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jamie73

Jamie73

Just read an interesting article in a cannabis online news site. Made really think about. Is flushing Flushing before harvesting helping or hurting your plant?
Effects of flushing and not flushing.
I was amazed, the ”pro” growers from grow factors all with PHD’s all agreed flushing was the only way. Then they turned to the growing community, like us. Asked the same questions. With much different view on it.
They said”effects the plant, most definitely”
1) flushing the taste right out of it as she's finishing hard in the last weeks. They suck up all water, making the taste watered down. Rather ad an 1/8th amount of nutrients last week of watering before harvest. More THC is getting stored as she finishes her business before winter sorta speak. To pass on life thinking she's produced seeds still.
Peaked my attention, any thoughts on this.
I have personally never really flushed my soil plants. When I did a 4 bucket DIY hydro grow. I flushed them really good. I do have to say the flushed had taste but not that great taste like you get with a lack luster flush implement into my soil grows. I fell like the soil dictates everything except good lighting. By know you can spot different things by watching your leaves, they write the instructions thru out the grow. Sorry, just finally hit my GG#4/tangy. She/ he for a hermy lights out relaxing.

BigCube

BigCube

To be honest, I have never not flushed.

But I have smoked stuff stuff that hasn't been flushed and its nasty.

Stkyfngaz

Stkyfngaz

I love this subject, it's been debated for years and still no resolve. Personally I like to wind down my feedings then do a 3-7 day plain tap water. Also to mention, thru out the grow I'll mix up a calcium and vitamin feed, at least once a week, but twice is optimal. It's really low ec value and drain to waste counts as a flush , in my book. I might also add that this switch up on feedings supplement what's missing from my normal regime or more concentrated on what plants need. My plants seem to love the variance in feedings, they pretty much are healthy thru out the grow, and performance wise after harvey, I can't find a complaint.

I'm in Coco, micro, in a modest 3 x 4 space. Feeding Flora Nova bloom and epsoms from seed to chop. Sometimes I use pk boosters, but usually I just ramp up ppms. But always, based off of trichs, lighten up feeds to finish with very low ppms. The need for a long flush isn't necessary, but I cannot chop unless I get at least 3 days of plain tap water, which some would argue is still feeding the plants.

We could go on for days to no end on this subject, but in reality it's based off of what the individual grower prefers for their garden. Hopefully I didn't ramble y'all to boredom but damn, I really enjoy this subject, no matter how much it's covered 🤓

Top Bottom