To Get "badged" Or....not To Get "badged" That Is The Question...

• Thread starter NewMoney
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Just because they take your tax money doesn't nix the "Conspiracy To Manufacture" charge that could easily be tagged to anyone connected to a pot grow. Remember, it's only "legal" in Colorado. At the /Federal level it's the same old mandatory minimums and other fun. None of that has gone away, has it?
nope, and it can will be used against you in the court of law if they see fit. it is a legitimate concern.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

great. now we have legal experts ( who are active in the black market and post about it) giving legal advice.
California is the largest black-market supplier of domestic cannabis in the nation, and state residents consume an estimated 2,500-5,000 metric tons of the federally illegal plant per year. California also has the largest legal medical cannabis industry, thought to gross almost $2 billion per year.
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/Legal...lls-filed-to-regulate-marijuana-in-california
guess that makes us experts!
:p

colostoney

colostoney

Are good growers that common in the industry that they are only making 30-40k a year?

even less people at most these outfits want money not quality and trust me everyone in the world thinks they are the best grower now so no one will hardly give ya a shot......
I tried to get a job as a grower and offered samples only wanting 15-20 an hour to prove what I can help them at and all I got were rude responses and almost threats to snitch me off.....

now with my seed thing I've heard a few places may be interested in hiring me as a breeder exclusively but fuck all that I want a cut and dry 50/50 split breeding is a talent and art and niche carreer that cant be taught has to be learned and some of its a gift from God.....I've been raising animals all my life and my family has many gens of animal and tree farming I can see what advantages genetically two individuals have before I breed them. Find a niche in the herb game no one else can do better than you and ride that horse till it trots steady no matter what bro.

muir

muir

I have no idea why it matters to you wether I sell Real Estate or Pot over a counter. I will have a license for both. You do your thing to your satisfaction. I am not preaching to you about your thing. Risk vs. Reward. You take your risk, you get your reward. I take the risk with the federal government, I assume you do as well. You're in a thread about getting badged in Colorado and that really has no relevance to you, you can't get badged or be a business owner here in CO. So, you go keep doing your thing in California.....

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I had a guy try to tell me that in the fine print legalese of the badge application, you surrender your personal rights preventing unlawful search and seizure by LEO. Any one got any real info on that?

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I had a guy try to tell me that in the fine print legalese of the badge application, you surrender your personal rights preventing unlawful search and seizure by LEO. Any one got any real info on that?
I can tell you this I know a number of "folks"(I fing hate that word lol) in the industry and it hasn't happened to any of them yet:cool:

K

kolah

I think you can view an application online. I'll hunt around to see if I can find one.

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

times are changed. Not everyone got a seat, in fact HB1284 fucked it up for many good growers. I would not think someone has or has not got the juice because they don't have the cash or positioning to be the owner of their garden. I have the last cheap ticket I know of and that's because I left my hand on the table since closing my mmc and now opening my rec store and grow.

no wonder the weed sucks in CO 60k is the going rate for a "master grower"...... really? 60k is what you pay one of the most important people in you business equation....these "growers" going to work for that are idiots..... don't you make 5x-10x doing your own thing??? why the hell would you make someone else that kind of money for peanuts.... oh I know CAUSE YOU ARENT QUALIFIED, and your not a master grower... MASTER GROWERS DONT WORK for 60k a year.... you got yourself a DUCK and don't even know it yet....any competent and qualified gardener would tell you "I make 10x that already, kick rocks"....no doubt there are benefits to having a taxable salary position where you have no interest at stake, but those of us that are confident in our own abilities wouldn't back themselves into a corner, and certainly not for a pay cut.... face it he isn't as good as you think he is...

Last edited:
420circuit

420circuit

Can't let that slide by, the weed in CO does not all suck, I can confirm that there are many excellent growers growing amazingly potent and delicious buds. It is easy to find great cannabis in dispensaries, but I believe the very best is grown by private individuals and never makes it to a shop. I am always surprised when I see someone post up a message about poor quality weed somewhere, guess trash talking is now an accepted form of communication. As far as getting a badge, the people who have gotten badges and work in dispensaries here, at least every single one that I have met, have been very good in their craft and seem to enjoy working in the industry. But none seem to be getting rich, it's just another job in a place that has a strong odor.:D

muir

muir

no wonder the weed sucks in CO 60k is the going rate for a "master grower"...... really? 60k is what you pay one of the most important people in you business equation....these "growers" going to work for that are idiots..... don't you make 5x-10x doing your own thing??? why the hell would you make someone else that kind of money for peanuts.... oh I know CAUSE YOU ARENT QUALIFIED, and your not a master grower... MASTER GROWERS DONT WORK for 60k a year.... you got yourself a DUCK and don't even know it yet....any competent and qualified gardener would tell you "I make 10x that already, kick rocks"....no doubt there are benefits to having a taxable salary position where you have no interest at stake, but those of us that are confident in our own abilities wouldn't back themselves into a corner, and certainly not for a pay cut.... face it he isn't as good as you think he is...

I still think this is one hell of a post.

420circuit

420circuit

Yeah, the basic sentiment is pretty on target for some situations, but not everyone is in it for the money. Really. Some just like the weed and enjoy being around it. I keep seeing failed businesses and fights among friends over money when they try to make it big in cannabis. The pressures of running a business seems to hurt bud quality, at least that's what my friends in the warehouse grow biz say, not everywhere, but quite often. Still, there is quality bud on the shelves in CO.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
All I can add to this is the entrepreneurial allure is big in CO. I live just south where there's talks of legalizing for monetary increase for the state and I fear it will be a similar situation. The medical industry is already a joke down here, you have to have a bank roll to set up a grow op or dispensary and those that have that backing are in it for the money, not the patients or the love of the plant. Personal production is next to impossible to do it "by the book" as well. I hope it works itself out better for you guys just up north. My ole lady and I will be moving up there in a couple years, gotta get out of the Land of Entrapment to a more green friendly place. Based on this though, there won't be any notification to the man when we set up shop.

420circuit

420circuit

If you just grow for yourself and maybe a couple friends, the legal situation is pretty good, especially with an increased plant count from a doctor's recommendation. It would make sense that the price in CO goes even lower than it is now, just because of all the people growing, which will make the black market prices fall, making the dispensary jobs look better to grow pros. I would get a badge if I wanted to make an income with cannabis in CO. Running across state lines looks like a suicide mission, there are tons of cops looking at this time, so best to forget that unless you want risk being locked up and screwing up the legal progress made here.

J-fly

J-fly

You have no idea what you are talking about. There are lots of growers in colorado making MILLIONS of dollars a year legally by state laws, operating several giant warehouses, multiple legal retail outlets. 60k is what you pay a regular grower to manage a grow for you. Most of the "master" growers in Colorado own their own companies, or operate outside of state laws. There is really no such thing as a "master" grower, its just an objective description, there is now actual standard. I know master growers in Colorado who are High School science teachers raising families now. I guess it all depends how you look at it, but plenty of growers make 60k a year. Besides 60k is really a lot of money these days for anyone. I would be very grateful to make that much a year, and I am far from a master at anything really.

J-fly

J-fly

besides doing your on thing in colorado means having to sell out of state and dealing with huge amounts of cash from sketchy people and lots of prison time. Not everyone wants to live that life style forever. And Colorado has the best weed in the world in my opinion.

Top Bottom