to grind or not to grind?

• Thread starter vaporedout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vaporedout

vaporedout

a buddy and i were talking about grinding weed, he uses one of those grinders with a pollinator on the bottom. and i use just a regular 2 piece grinder. then other people i know pull it apart with their fingers to make smaller size nugs, then there is the full bud types ( i feel this way gets some weed unburnt). which way do you prefer?

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

I'm a fan of s nice sharpstone grinder - 2 piece with no screen - and dump it into a kief collecting box.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Grind, period. Trust me; you will never look back. I agree with your opinion on the whole bud thing, or breaking it up with your fingers. We all have to start somewhere really, though. Good luck, either way you go. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

squiggly

squiggly

My dogma on this:

1. If the weed is crumbly or easily broken up by hand (if I can take the bud apart with my first two fingers and thumb on one hand it passes this test)--then do it.

2. If the weed is super sticky tear/peel it apart.

3. If the weed is extremely dense and doesn't fit 1 or 2 ----> grinder.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Once I got my own grinder, also a Sharpstone, I never looked back to doing things the old way. I did, however, remove the kief screen. I'd rather just collect it if there's any on the bottom and sprinkle it onto my joint.

orbad

orbad

I prefer a grinder. The greater the surface area you can create, the more even the burn. To a point of course, nobody wants to smoke dust.

Mine has a catching tray under it, bought it for about 40 bucks 5-7 years ago. Well worth the investment, pounds have ran through this thing.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

grind grind grind

if something a bit damp (or for some other reason hard to grind) is to be smoked ill use a chop cup

vaporedout

vaporedout

grind grind grind

if something a bit damp (or for some other reason hard to grind) is to be smoked ill use a chop cup
slap chop?? haha when i made hash once i used a slap chop to break up buds,
i totally thought the keif screen was a rip off, unless you use the keif every time your just taking weak hits, so i took mine off as well. i do like when my weed is very dry and i can easily break it up with my fingers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I saw that Slap-Chop-a-Bitch guy doing another commercial a month or two ago, but it was much better than his Slap-Chop-a-Bitch stuff. He was all polished 'n shit.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

slap chop?? haha when i made hash once i used a slap chop to break up buds,
i totally thought the keif screen was a rip off, unless you use the keif every time your just taking weak hits, so i took mine off as well. i do like when my weed is very dry and i can easily break it up with my fingers.

chop cup = jar and a pair of sharp scissors

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
For me it ultimately depends on the weed and what I'm doing with it. I'd say 60%-75% of the weed I smoke is in a small bowl in my bong, in which case is almost never grind. When rolling doobies i almost always grind, that's the remaining 25%-40% of the time. Grinding makes the consistency perfect for doobie rolling. Generally I prefer breaking it apart with my fingers as I find that the grinder can diminish flavor, especially when ground to much.

outwest

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

For me it ultimately depends on the weed and what I'm doing with it. I'd say 60%-75% of the weed I smoke is in a small bowl in my bong, in which case is almost never grind. When rolling doobies i almost always grind, that's the remaining 25%-40% of the time. Grinding makes the consistency perfect for doobie rolling. Generally I prefer breaking it apart with my fingers as I find that the grinder can diminish flavor, especially when ground to much.

outwest

Well put, i totally agree when it comes to rolling

Cannabeast

Cannabeast

Not yet being to grow, I am restricted to the local schwag. With my respiratory disorders I must process my smoke differently than most folks. In order to toke, I must select buds, microwave them for exactly 27 seconds in a 900 watt microwave. Then I crush the material and put it through a small kitchen strainer. The fine screen reduces it to a powdery substance and removes stems, seeds and other executables. I then toke through a bong with a buffer solution. I load single hits and use a jet flame lighter. This allows me to toke endlessly. With this technique I could smoke Bob Marley under the table. It does weaken the effect a bit, but still kicks butt on everyone who tries it. Not for everyone, but for those with respiratory distress it works wonders.

Buffer solution
1/4 teaspoon Diamond crystal Kosher salt.
2 1/2 Tbl. spoons Nellie and Joe's real Key West Lime juice
7 Oz best quality water available.
Other lime juice and salt will work but the solution is more like battery acid and is not recommended. When the prescribed ingredients are used, the solution smells like a confection and smooth's the hit out noticeably.
An unexpected side effect is that there is no tar build up on the bong when using the solution. Even after a hundred rounds (rounds not hits) the bong is still with out buildup. I flush the pipe with hot water between solution changes, which I do before each round. After a time, a thin white film becomes noticeable on the pipe but rinses off quickly with 91% alcohol.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Back in the day, We didnt have those fancy Grinders..:oldman:

I have a good one now though...Grind all day! :)

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

Grinder. Anything that makes life easier and more time efficient is a worthy investment IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom