To grow or not to grow (using my home)?

• Thread starter t7rln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

keebzy

Premium Member
Supporter
damn really I was expecting waaaaaaay more thanks for the info!

T

t7rln

hey OP i was really worried about electic bill too, i have 2 rooms with 4 1ks in each 30k btu of AC and i live there. bills only around 700. easily worth the payment. BTW a 10 inch vortex and 50 lb filter in each room seems to control the odor good enuff to walk right by the room with the door closed and no smell. Just make sure you flower at night, i tried during the day and can tell you its a bitch on the AC

Thank you very much for this info. I have been getting such varying estimates. I really appreciate your input. Nothing is better than real life examples.

BTW are you in PG&E territory? Tiered billing?

I have actually found two interesting alternatives regarding power. Here in California there are two programs worth mentioning where PG&E will reduce your power bill...low income and/or any disability.

I picked up on the "lights on" at night somewhere during the hours of thread consuming I've been doing over the last few months, but it's always good to reinforce correct methods. Thanks.

@Keebzy - Ask away brother. I am here to learn as well.

t7rln

T

t7rln

New Question - I have two vents in my room (open to the outside with a screen), and one is for fresh air intake into the room. I need to continue to allow fresh air in without leaking light out. At first, the best I could come up with was ducting from the vent with as many 90 degree turns as it takes to eliminate light leaking out and still allowing airflow in. The next best idea I had was creating a gradual half circle with the ducting (no hard 90 deg. turns).

The reason I am putting the question out here is that I am pretty confident that there must be some other, more efficient approach than what I came up with. I am also sure that many folk must have needed to find a solution to the same predicament.

Thanks,

t7rln

N

noone88

You're looking for a damper. They sell motorized ones which are either normally open or normally closed.

Regular dampers work, but you'll lose some air flow due to resistance.

Illmind

Illmind

I see what you wanna do I don't know if you already meant this when you said 90 degree bends but when running ducting if you wanna get rid of outside light I recomend you use elbows instead of bending the ducting you'd be suprised how much more circulation you will get with elbows. Again if you already meant that then word just throwing it out there..

T

t7rln

You can never "over" filter your room. But you can definitely under-filter your room which leads to suspicious smells.

Fans are going to be the loudest part of your grow equipment.

I use a 12" fan + carbon filter in the grow room with a smaller fan + carbon filter outside the door. I move the smaller fan/filter to my harvest area when it's time to cut down.

and

You're looking for a damper. They sell motorized ones which are either normally open or normally closed.

Regular dampers work, but you'll lose some air flow due to resistance.

Great information. Thank you for your help. I will look for dampers.

I see what you wanna do I don't know if you already meant this when you said 90 degree bends but when running ducting if you wanna get rid of outside light I recomend you use elbows instead of bending the ducting you'd be suprised how much more circulation you will get with elbows. Again if you already meant that then word just throwing it out there..

Yeah I was imagining using the elbows, but still would like to reduce the air flow restriction as much as possible. Thank you for your suggestion.

t7rln

B

Backward_Z

You're using PG&E? Get on CARE. You have to make less than $30k/year but I don't think they verify...

It takes about two or three months to kick in, btw, so if you already own the place but haven't turned on your lights yet, apply right away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom