To harvest or not to harvest ?

• Thread starter Syllyvester
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Syllyvester

Syllyvester

Hi there felllow farmers :)

I'm growing a batch of 4 white widow ( rqs ) plants, indoor, in a tent. They are currently in week 16/17. That is a bit long but I have seen many grow diaries where it takes even longer. It is my second batch, the first batch was mixed species.

Since a week, maybe 2, the leaves have started to turn yellow and shrivle and drop off. At first I panicked a bit on that but I read several articles claiming that it is natural at the end of flowering phase. ( see images, I also added a tricho pic ) )

As times flies by, I'm getting more and more anxious/concerned whether or not to wait a few days or to start harvesting. Mainly due to the levaes falling off.

My questions :

1. Is it normal that this many leaves fall off during end of flowering ? I presume it depends on what species you use and it seems WW is known for it. I didn't have this effect in my previous harvest ( northern light )
  2. Would you advise me to harvest based on the info and pics ?

Many thanks for any help/advise you can give ! I'm truly worried about my babies and me making a dumb mistake :'-(

To harvest or not to harvest
To harvest or not to harvest 2
To harvest or not to harvest 3
To harvest or not to harvest 4
To harvest or not to harvest 5
R

Rwarrior

16 weeks?

How are you counting weeks? How many weeks has it been since you flipped the light schedule to 12/12. What’s the temperature of the environment? How many watts is your light and what size room is it?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
@Rwarrior Might be counting the weeks from seed if it’s a auto unless it’s a sativa

Think it’s white widow thou.

Looks like you had a mg Deficiency or something hence why so many leaf’s fell off.

They still have a bit to go.

Normally fan leaves will yellow however yours look different there’s still a bit of food left why I say you mg had a deficiency.

I might be tempted to add some cali mg however I wouldn’t foiler spay it with Epsom salts not so near harvest as you are.

There’s still clear tricks looking like there just turning milky.

If you like a speedy high then maybe a week and they will all be milky
For a more relaxed high wait till you see 10% amber the rest milky and no clear or very little.

I wouldn’t worry to much about the leaf’s falling off at this point all that matters is the bud.

Some caii mg will halt it but it won’t reverse the yellowed out leaves.

Last edited:
Syllyvester

Syllyvester

16 weeks?

How are you counting weeks? How many weeks has it been since you flipped the light schedule to 12/12. What’s the temperature of the environment? How many watts is your light and what size room is it?
From day 1 so from seed onwards. a bit over 7 weeks ago I flipped the switch. Temp between 21 and 25 celsius, 70-77F. Room size 60x60x160. Im not sure on the lights, I bough a complete set from someone who said they were good, flat LED panels ; I do have 1 succesful harvest ( well it was my first but I am positive they are sufficient )

Syllyvester

Syllyvester

@Rwarrior Might be counting the weeks from seed if it’s a auto unless it’s a sativa

Think it’s white widow thou.

Looks like you had a mg Deficiency or something hence why so many leaf’s fell off.

They still have a bit to go.

Normally fan leaves will yellow however yours look different there’s still a bit of food left why I say you mg had a deficiency.

I might be tempted to add some cali mg however I wouldn’t foiler spay it with Epsom salts not so near harvest as you are.

There’s still clear tricks looking like there just turning milky.

If you like a speedy high then maybe a week and they will all be milky
For a more relaxed high wait till you see 10% amber the rest milky and no clear or very little.

I wouldn’t worry to much about the leaf’s falling off at this point all that matters is the bud.

Some caii mg will halt it but it won’t reverse the yellowed out leaves.
Thanks for the reply ! Much appreciated.

It could be they had an mg deficiency indeed. I hardly added any nutrients, started with new soil ( pre fertilized ) and added 1 flowering boost tablet. Some BG : This is my second harvest and I wanted to keep things close to nature and prevent some issues perhaps. I intend to improve on nutes in my 3rd try.

Based on the trichomes I was also thinking in that line but I think ill wait till a bit more ambers. I smoke to relax, calm down, unstress etc. So I will keep a good eye on the ambers !

It was the yellow that concerned me, I mean a few off makes sense but this qty of leaves is a lot so I'm happy to read your comment not to worry as the leaves close to the buds are only slightly colored but look healthy and more green. And the buds themselves look healthy too.

So much to learn...

thx again !

Top Bottom