To much spinosad

• Thread starter ronvmpc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I think i might have overdosed my plants with too much monterey garden. Normal mixture is 2 ounces per gallon. I sprayed the shit outta my plants and they seemed unharmed. Few months later, more thrips on the moms so i figured i'd mix 1 ounce per 13 fl ounces. I sprayed the shit outta of them yesterday. Today the bottom stems are looking limp AS SHIT. I know its only one day after and my moms usually beat some fukd up illnesses but i've never had to deal with to much pesticide. Is this something i should worry about or did i take to much herijuana to the dome.:icon_dizzy:
Can take pics if necessary?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Never heard of spinosad overdose, but the stomata may be clogged and causing transpiration issues. Try a foliar of plain water to open the stomata, on the undersides of the leaves.

C

chranotik

first time i ever used monterey garden spinosad was like week 4 of flowering and almost all my plants were looking great until after that, it rid the bugs for a couple weeks but god damn did it fucking piss off a lot of the ladies. some went from like 5-7 finger leaves to 3 all inverted n shit, really stressed them out. so be careful with it, lotta girls are overly sensitive.

U

up yours

You do not say if you sprayed during night cycle etc. My use of it was positive but that was my exp. And mostly veg was sprayed sorry not more help

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

My moms veg 24/7 under floros. I'm gonna give that foliar plain water spray a try. Thanks for the help guys.

LBH

LBH

Had a mild to medium case of thrips on an (Nirvana) AK48 run. I mixed normal strength (Captain Jacks deadbug brew -w/spinosad) and sprayed the hell out of them, killed everything overnight, no issue, girls didn't even blink.

Running Blue Mystic, (also by Nirvana) now, have something going on with this 1 particular plant but don't see any critters. Thought I might have seen something flying in the corner of my eye the one day so I mixed up a batch and figured I'd be preventative seeing as how it doesn't harm or stress them.

Not this strain. Buds looked burnt (White pistils went brwn/red overnight) for about a week, growth stopped for same amount of time, they're just getting going again.

My verdict is begin super light as it's a chemical that is very strain sensitive, but does a fantastic job.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

So scratch this thread cause guess what, I forgot to turn the timer on for my pump.:icon_dizzy: Little to much smokey before the change. Monterey is still the shit for thrips and don't let anyone tell you different. Sorry, guys, but what can i say. I'm a stoner.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

ouch. I hate when I do stuff to hurt my girls... Mostly garden unstoned, but there definitely are bad back days...

I

Inuit

Yeah, spinosad shouldn't hurt plants. Its not even really a nasty chem....I consider it a biocontrol of sorts.

Quote from wiki

The active ingredient is derived from a naturally occurring soil dwelling bacterium called Saccharopolyspora spinosa, a rare actinomycete reportedly collected from soil in an abandoned rum distillery on a Caribbean Island in 1982 by a scientist on vacation.

Be safe

A

M

montaramike

Awesome!

ronvmpc, thanks for coming back and admitting you mad a mistake. not many would!

G

grinkeeper

I had a hard time believing this post about sponisad overdose... I have mixed at 4 x strength and used for a fresh cutting dunk.. and never a single claw, curle canoe or tip roll... doesnt burn or spot either... its just something that the plant doesnt even recognize negatively anyway.. in fact I think that the plants get benifit from it even at high doses.

I use a product that semi-pro agricultal version called naturlyte from southern- ag in florida.. same company that makes the pro version called CONSERVE SC... they are the only source for agri spinosad and all other companies that list it in there producst buy from southern ag...

you can get the more powerful version on ebay.. good prices as well..

anyway.. just again.. my planst have never had any ill effects from SPINOSAD PRODUCTS...

cant say that about most of the other pest prodycts...

by chance did you get thrips after you started using COCO ????????????

Im trying to take in data from any thrip attach and see how many used coco.. and how many never seen a thrip in there life until they started using coco... I have found lots of people with this same situation...

any supporting grow stories

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

How soon do you re spray to get the eggs and such that are in the tissue of the plant?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

How soon do you re spray to get the eggs and such that are in the tissue of the plant?

I sprayed them every other day for the first month of flower and the fuckers were gone. i've had to do this the last 2 grows and worked both times.

To answer you question gk. I've had thrips in coco, hydro (hydroton/hygromite), and organic soil. I noticed them on my neighbors plants (non-cannabis). From brushing against there plants, can I be carrying them into my room?

OGONLY

OGONLY

by chance did you get thrips after you started using COCO ????????????

Im trying to take in data from any thrip attach and see how many used coco.. and how many never seen a thrip in there life until they started using coco... I have found lots of people with this same situation...

any supporting grow stories

I had thrips pretty bad on my first ever grow. Not sure how I got them but that was well before I knew anything about coco. I was in DWC then. Didn't learn about Spinosad until it was too late for me. I'd spend hours every night trying to kill them with my fingers.

I've done about 6 coco runs consecutively and have not seen a thrip the whole time. I've used mostly Canna coco but I've used a few bags of the Botanicare also with no issues. I've got Spinosad on hand but haven't had to use it, and I do no preventative for Thrips or any other bugs. I haven't taken any cuts from anyone in over 2 years so that is the #1 reason for no bugs.

S

swisscheese

Ron spray your neighbors plants with spinosad. Of course they will get in your garden if you're semi regularly brushing into infested plants!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom