To Ph Or Not To Ph

• Thread starter Djchaos01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stutter

stutter

I'm not real sure about caps bennies or his methods but i brew a bennie tea using a few different ingredients i don't bother with ph before i brew my bennies and by the time the tea is brewed its quite acidic. couldn't tell you the actual figures.

when i add it to my res i also add silica which is really alkaline and with that and the buffers in my nutes it usually comes out spot on so i don't ever really have to mess with ph at all. but if i was going t0 change my ph i would do it after everything is all mixed up.

hope that helps and also interested in hearing what others have to say because I'm not entirely sure that my way is the best its just what works for me.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm running organic amended soil and high doses of caps bennies. The only time I use a pH pen is for cloning. I never pH what I water in, ever. My filtered tap water is about 7.2. I've never pH tested the teas I brew. I've never pH tested my medium or runoff either (I don't water to very much runoff, plants soak it back up quickly). My assumption is that the microbes adjust the medium to their liking, so I don't have to. For my grow style I've found that while I still give the garden tons of love and attention, the less I actually do to the plants, the better they respond. While I do battle pests on occasion I never have deficiencies or lockouts. Anyway, to each their own.

outwest

spacebomb

spacebomb

Nice thread. Can't wait to receive my packs. Thanks caps man.

Top Bottom