to plant or not to plant?

• Thread starter gimp73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gimp73

gimp73

Ok I have been a soil grower for about 8 years and just made the switch to a 13g uc set up. It took longer to redo my room and set up the uc. I will be ready to plant in a day or two at most. I cut my clones about 3 1/2 weeks ago and they are about 10" tall and the roots are about 10" to 14" long. I have never grown with net pots so I am going to have a problem with the roots so long just going in to the net pots? What should I do Plant as they are, root prune and then plant or take new clones and plant them when they are smaller? They are bare root from an ez cloner.

To plant or not to plant
To plant or not to plant 2
To plant or not to plant 3
gimp73

gimp73

I have never had brown roots before but it is not slime I think it is from new things I tried but stopped flushed and went back to my old way and all new growth is white.

C

crossouttheiis

just feed through some of the roots through the bottom of the netpot while filling up the netpot with hydroton or whatever medium you choose. also the first few days up to a week I would top feed to encourage roots to pop out from the sides of the netpot to encourage more lateral root growth

St3ve

St3ve

Your clones looks great, I wouldn't prune anything. I just roll the roots in a circle pattern on the bottom of the pot. I used to fish them through some but I quit doing it because I never noticed a difference. I just run the water level about an 1" over the bottom of the pot. Usually within three days I have roots growing out of the pot.

Top Bottom