To Pollinate Or Not To Pollinate That Is My Question

• Thread starter outnin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outnin

outnin

hey all I am a long time grower and have made several crosses in the past so I have experience,My normal method of making seeds is to wait for peak flower and pollinate heavily.produces a shit ton of seeds.
and I get to whip out an old album.
the old farts will get that
so I have 2 female plants both outstanding and both seeds came directly from nirvana seeds.
1 is a white widow as described by gypsy himself she is an f1 that leans sativa but with tight buds vs flowing buds of a typical sativa. she is def a long flowerer and I have had to accommodate for that. so she is literally just getting going"they both are"
To pollinate or not to pollinate that is my question

the boy on the other hand is much much earlier and is literally ready to start popping
so my question is this should I collect the pollen from the male and wait for more flowers on the females or should I pollinate them completely now

I think I would get 75 to 100 ripe mature seeds and hopefully as they are in such early flower it turns into dirty girls putting out as many flowers as possible.
so please help me make this decision folks.
thanks

To pollinate or not to pollinate that is my question 2
To pollinate or not to pollinate that is my question 3
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I would collect the pollen in a bag like you stated earlier and then use a small paintbrush to dust some of the bottom buds. Spraying the top buds with water b4 spreading the pollen will ensure that the top buds are not pollenated as water deactivates the pollen. That way you get some seeds but you get to keep your big top buds seed free.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I say just let em rip bro i never have to buy seeds again that male will keep pumping out pollen for weeks man the girls will catch up i got easy 1000 seeds from ome small untopped girl in a half gal pot

BudBogart

BudBogart

hey all I am a long time grower and have made several crosses in the past so I have experience,My normal method of making seeds is to wait for peak flower and pollinate heavily.produces a shit ton of seeds.
and I get to whip out an old album.
the old farts will get that
so I have 2 female plants both outstanding and both seeds came directly from nirvana seeds.
1 is a white widow as described by gypsy himself she is an f1 that leans sativa but with tight buds vs flowing buds of a typical sativa. she is def a long flowerer and I have had to accommodate for that. so she is literally just getting going"they both are"
View attachment 620698
the boy on the other hand is much much earlier and is literally ready to start popping
so my question is this should I collect the pollen from the male and wait for more flowers on the females or should I pollinate them completely now

I think I would get 75 to 100 ripe mature seeds and hopefully as they are in such early flower it turns into dirty girls putting out as many flowers as possible.
so please help me make this decision folks.
thanks
I got that.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I would collect the pollen in a bag like you stated earlier and then use a small paintbrush to dust some of the bottom buds. Spraying the top buds with water b4 spreading the pollen will ensure that the top buds are not pollenated as water deactivates the pollen. That way you get some seeds but you get to keep your big top buds seed free.

Who told you these lies if that was the case with natural rain we surely would of lost most of the pollen species ??? by now Have we
Water does not kill pollen

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter

Who told you these lies if that was the case with natural rain we surely would of lost most of the pollen species ??? by now Have we
I beg to differ my friend it makes it non viable back when i was doing just a branch here or there i did exactly as the good dr said and would spray my plants down then pollinate the branch never saw a seed anywhere else it may not kill all pollen but it surely makes it less viable

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I know huge difference between killing pollen and making it dificult to pollinate, but there is a lot of myth to this as as a farmer we use wet application but the problem you may have encountered is de ionized water must be used
Many plant breeders go this route wet application which needs to be sprayed within the hr of being made

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil

It's not the idea that it kills it, but if the flower is already wet then the pollen is much more likely to stick to a water droplet than to stick to the pistil. After the pollen is wet it stays put, only floating airborne pollen will fertilize.

outnin

outnin

Hey guys thanks so much for the help I have come to what I hope is the best decision, the girls are both at day 11 flower just getting going I would bet there are no more than 200 or 399 pistols at this point in their flower. however this male is horny and well hung he will have open flowers tomorrow. so what I will do is wait till I have enough pollen sacs open and just dust the shit out of both girls,there will be lots of seeds but buried inside the buds and very mature as well i gamble. the girls will continue to flower "this time thinking they may get more dick so flowering xtra hard in hopes" and finish out mid september.
as all of these buds are going to people whom are part of this project the seeds will be collectable. exciting

Top Bottom