To prune or not to prune

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I'm small town. Close to Sarnia On. I grow my worm Castings and make up my own soil. See if you can get a hold of a couple of Tweed, Baker Street seeds. Try them some time.
Wow is all I can say. The small plant in flower is a clone off a big one I got in the ground late.
Fertilizer companies are in the business of selling fertilizer, They suggest per portions for fully grown plants. These little guys can't eat that much so N builds up in the soil and becomes a problem. That's why I cut it way back on younger plants. Well I must go water and put my babies to bed.
Hello mate. Day 40 today. All looking pretty happy. Given the big girl was racing ahead and had already lost a top shoot to my clumsy training, I decided to do a second topping on the other top, which has taken off since she lost her sister and is obviously taking all her food. I decided to FIM it instead. This is 48 hr after. First attempt at a FIM but looks like it might be making a couple of extra shoots??

9A8147B3 1285 4061 B65E EF912BD69759
A132A103 EC52 4A45 88EE 4A4370FA44DD
8B2769C6 7DF2 4EF2 AB19 2E7E5E564468
B

BadFish_Genetics

Day 38 since seed. Really happy with growth since topping a week ago, have had to cut a few older fan leaves as they get crowded and the plant starts to let them drop and they hit the Coco.

Someone suggested to me that taking all the old fan leaves off that have some nutrient damage and are drier will help the plant. They are not getting a lot of light due to foliage above and being older and yellow anyway I think get rid of them. They are certainly blocking airflow.

I know there's the solar panel argument, but surely once it's shaded and no longer getting proper light it's time for it to go?
Yes they call it skirting your plant, you clean the bottom foliage off that won't grow the best buds but larf no one wants. While leaving the bottom of leaving the bottom foot of the plant bare and the upper 2 ft full of foliage.. this creates grade A nugs up top, while allowing adequate airflow thru the plant which helps avoid bud rot!

Top Bottom