To prune or not ?

• Thread starter Bigredauto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigredauto

Bigredauto

Ok I'm at a point where I don't know if I should prune some or lollipop so light can get to new growth or leave it be . I'm new first grow any advice?

To prune or not
threatco

threatco

looks a bit young for pruning. Also, pruning or topping the plant can often cause issues if you don't have experience. May want to wait til a new grow to try your hand at high-stress options like that.

Depending on the space, the number of plants, and the light used. You may not even need to optimize canopy that much.

You could start LST with tie-downs.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

I always got good results with topping, bending, pinching and even defoliating when necessary. Whatever it takes to get more light down to the lowers and allow them to catch up with the main tops for a more even canopy. Don't be scared, worst that will happen is it will slow vertical growth for a few days and cause her to get fat and bushy.

Bigredauto

Bigredauto

looks a bit young for pruning. Also, pruning or topping the plant can often cause issues if you don't have experience. May want to wait til a new grow to try your hand at high-stress options like that.

Depending on the space, the number of plants, and the light used. You may not even need to optimize canopy that much.

You could start LST with tie-downs.
Ok thanks just don't want to mess things up .lol

Bigredauto

Bigredauto

I always got good results with topping, bending, pinching and even defoliating when necessary. Whatever it takes to get more light down to the lowers and allow them to catch up with the main tops for a more even canopy. Don't be scared, worst that will happen is it will slow vertical growth for a few days and cause her to get fat and bushy.
it's an auto flower so was told not to top it do to stress but seem to be getting tight new growth under the top leaves .

HeadShine

HeadShine

Autoflower plants respond much better to LST than topping...Topping and Major pruning is generally discouraged for autos.
Look into low stress training and go that route.

Latest posts

Top Bottom