To Top Or Not To Top Sour Diesel, Blueberry?

• Thread starter Irietime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irietime

Irietime

i know some strains like to be topped, while others prefer growing natural. I'm growing a blueberry plant and a sour diesel. Can somebody help me out with these two strains?? Thanks much.....IT......

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
i know some strains like to be topped, while others prefer growing natural. I'm growing a blueberry plant and a sour diesel. Can somebody help me out with these two strains?? Thanks much.....IT......
how tall are they... what are you working with?

Irietime

Irietime

No sorry, there still babies, almost three weeks. Somebody told me depending on strain, some plants prefer or like to be topped and some grow better untopped and natural. I usually top my plants( unless it's an auto) but what he said got me thinking. Was Just wandering if somebody knew what the strains I'm growing prefer, to be topped or left natural?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
No sorry, there still babies, almost three weeks. Somebody told me depending on strain, some plants prefer or like to be topped and some grow better untopped and natural. I usually top my plants( unless it's an auto) but what he said got me thinking. Was Just wandering if somebody knew what the strains I'm growing prefer, to be topped or left natural?
I haven't met a plant that didnt like topping... its how and when people top that plants like or hate. Right now you could probably take the top node off both of them... BUT instead of chopping on your plants... how about pinching stems at this age?

Irietime

Irietime

I hear ya, it's probably just his belief. Blowing smoke. I'm pinching them on the sixth node and taking off the first node as well.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

I haven't met a plant that didnt like topping... its how and when people top that plants like or hate. Right now you could probably take the top node off both of them... BUT instead of chopping on your plants... how about pinching stems at this age?

I agree. If you plan on vegging awhile, top that gal at least twice lol. 4 weeks into flower you'll be happy you did.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Wait a tick... @GT21 ..have you always been a mod? If so, I overlooked that.
Hahaha no.... i got tagged VERY recently[/QUOTE]

Good stuff, congrats...and @Irietime ..yes top. GT21 is spot on, when folks decide to top makes all the difference. If not given proper time for the new colas to adequately develop, no sense in topping, unless its for height restrictions. I can only see not to top is when a quick veg is in order. Like for pheno hunting, etc.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hahaha no.... i got tagged VERY recently

Good stuff, congrats...and @Irietime ..yes top. GT21 is spot on, when folks decide to top makes all the difference. If not given proper time for the new colas to adequately develop, no sense in topping, unless its for height restrictions. I can only see not to top is when a quick veg is in order. Like for pheno hunting, etc.[/QUOTE]
Thank you much!!!! Topping/training is extremely important. If done right your plant will gain 3 to 5 colas depending on node location. Definitely let the plant veg after top to regain cola size.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Right on thanks. Think I'm gonna try my hand at the scrog this run. My light has no penetration, so I need as many tops as I can
Scrogs are very popular for 2 reasons. .. lights are weak compared to sun.. and lights dont move around like sun. I prefer sogs but its the same goal... as many tops as possible.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Topping/training is extremely important. If done right your plant will gain 3 to 5 colas depending on node location. Definitely let the plant veg after top to regain cola size.

If done properly 3 to 5...

I gained 57 :cry:

What is considered proper topping again;)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
If done properly 3 to 5...

I gained 57 :cry:

What is considered proper topping again;)
That just one top job... not your style of toppin, bending and tying down. Im talking about taking a single cola plant, finding the right node and cutting it once... of course you can do it a lot more. You do a lot more work than just 1 cut hahaha

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I know you're asking about tops but the Blueberry strain struck me when I saw this. I'm working on Seedmans Blueberry, and dude it hates nutes, it literally will shrivel up on you if you even give it a damn 1 ml of nitrogen it cries lol. Plain water, cal mag and seaweed extract, that's all it needs, I'm telling you, stay away from nutes, I must be set back weeks, but I flushed it out and it bounced back

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I know you're asking about tops but the Blueberry strain struck me when I saw this. I'm working on Seedmans Blueberry, and dude it hates nutes, it literally will shrivel up on you if you even give it a damn 1 ml of nitrogen it cries lol. Plain water, cal mag and seaweed extract, that's all it needs, I'm telling you, stay away from nutes, I must be set back weeks, but I flushed it out and it bounced back

I'm running Canuck Blueberry, and have topped/FIM'd/pinched my way to lots of tops. I have run my RDWC system lightly with the GH Flora nutes and they seem to like the lite nutes.

Top Bottom