to top or not

• Thread starter soserthc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soserthc1

soserthc1

I have two burmese three weeks into veg and i wanna keep theme two feet and bushy. any suggestions would be appreciated as i have no previous experience with these plants peace and thanks

soserthc1

soserthc1

thanks for the info guys any details on this strain as all i can find in strain guides is burmese kush mostly. The only info i got on burmese was that its easy to grow, easy to clone,dont veg to long if you wanna control them. its 90s/10i and is an 8 to ten week strain, thanks in advance peace

S

skatwill1227

i would top them at 6 inches and start LST at 9 inches.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I listened to all of these guys and here is what i get to chop down as a result of Topping and Bondage. The tallest point is just under 3 feet. Hope you don't mind a pic.

Weedsabys 077

S

skatwill1227

In 2 days? Holy shit batman! I'll give you left big toe for a cutting. Shit... Maybe even my first born.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
strip larger foliage 3-4 days prior or 3-4 days post of toping or super croping will increase nug diameter too JME :hi

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
strip larger foliage 3-4 days prior or 3-4 days post of toping or super croping will increase nug diameter too JME :hi

I still dont know what to think about stripping the bigger foliage. I see alot for it and alot against it. It would seem like less foliage surface would mean less light intake correct? I understand the theory about stripping the lower portion for air flow since it doesnt get much light anyhow. I would love to know more about if its better to remove the big stuff or just bend it over out of the way..I chose the latter and my plant is somewhat of a mess but overall im Very happy with the results of topping, LST and super cropping..

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
I still dont know what to think about stripping the bigger foliage. I see alot for it and alot against it. It would seem like less foliage surface would mean less light intake correct? I understand the theory about stripping the lower portion for air flow since it doesnt get much light anyhow. I would love to know more about if its better to remove the big stuff or just bend it over out of the way..I chose the latter and my plant is somewhat of a mess but overall im Very happy with the results of topping, LST and super cropping..

when you take foliage that the plant needs to continue photosynthesis it will compensate buy growing more green when I do this in early stage of flower the buds swell out in the stretch to make more sunleaves it also on some strains reduces stretch in early flower

but any time you remove foliage the plant rushes to get to where it can get more light veg and flower

and then again if your happy with your results thats all that matters :hi

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
when you take foliage that the plant needs to continue photosynthesis it will compensate buy growing more green when I do this in early stage of flower the buds swell out in the stretch to make more sunleaves it also on some strains reduces stretch in early flower

but any time you remove foliage the plant rushes to get to where it can get more light veg and flower

and then again if your happy with your results thats all that matters :hi

Good info i will have to give it a shot on my next run. Im happy but always looking to improve so thanks for sharing.

S

smokestack23

Bending, crimping, lst..whatever it's called works very well. It has a similar effect to pinching the shoot right off but is less stressful and doesn't put the plant in shock for a couple of days like the snip can.

As you said...it seems to be unclear as to whether removing healthy fan leaves is a big help. You'd think that after so many years there would be actual proof that it helps. All there is is people saying that they have done it and have seen good results. I've never ever seen anyone say..wow..I trimmed big fans off one plant and left the other alone and the one that I trimmed produced 100% more..or 50%..or 20%...even TEN percent more.

It IS known though that the fans are the food production factories. I very rarely remove any healthy ones. If they're blocking light from serious buds I tuck them.

It seems like the jury is still out on that one. I have a rule in life. If I'm thinking of doing something..or not doing something..or pretty much ANY decision I have to make...if when I ask myself if I should do something..if my answer to myself isn't HELL YES...it's a no.
TTMT (that's just me though lol)

Top Bottom