To transplant or wait to transplant: help needed please!

• Thread starter Ganjagurl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjagurl

Ganjagurl

First grow, 15 plants in preflower... Found 1 male and just looked at it's roots. Had planned on waiting to transplant to bigger pots after determining sex for rest of plants. But now I'm wondering if i need to transplant all of them now... Plants are still in veg, 18/6. (Newbie problems😬)Here are pics of roots. Thank you for your thoughts!!
20210520_215214.jpg
20210520_215210.jpg
20210520_215158.jpg

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
First grow, 15 plants in preflower... Found 1 male and just looked at it's roots. Had planned on waiting to transplant to bigger pots after determining sex for rest of plants. But now I'm wondering if i need to transplant all of them now. (Newbie problems😬)Here are pics of roots. Thank you for your thoughts!!
View attachment 1126919View attachment 1126920View attachment 1126921
It depends on how big you're going to grow it in veg Is that a 3 gallon you want in a five gallon ?Then go for it. Yes you can transplant now, its a good time befor you get wrapping of the roots around the bottom of the pot. The roots will easily grow into the new soil. If you're planning on flipping soon then no ,imho you have room to grow yet and don't need more space if you're flipping soon.

Ganjagurl

Ganjagurl

It depends on how big you're going to grow it in veg Is that a 3 gallon you want in a five gallon ?Then go for it. Yes you can transplant now, its a good time befor you get wrapping of the roots around the bottom of the pot. The roots will easily grow into the new soil. If you're planning on flipping soon then no ,imho you have room to grow yet and don't need more space if you're flipping soon.
Thank you. I definitely want to veg for awhile. Was just hoping to not have to transplant to final pots before sexing. But!! I would rather do that if it's best for them. AND buy feminized seeds from now on!! Haha!!!!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Thank you. I definitely want to veg for awhile. Was just hoping to not have to transplant to final pots before sexing. But!! I would rather do that if it's best for them. AND buy feminized seeds from now on!! Haha!!!!
Feminized seeds are not always female. But much safer over regular seeds if you want girls.

Top Bottom