To Use A Garbage Bag Or To Not To Use A Garbage Bag

• Thread starter Colbgro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Colbgro

Colbgro

Spent time in BC a few years ago and was the first time I saw outdoor growers using garbage bag as a pot. They would dig huge holes everywhere and fill them up with mix. Idk bout y'all but filling up even a 5 gallon garbage bag is a pain in the ass let alone a 7 to 10 gallon bag. Anyone had any success using this method?

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Tried using bags in upland/sandy areas before. They worked out pretty good at first :eek:
The problem I had was once the canopy 'covered' the top of the bag, it 'deflected' rain AWAY from the bag/hole.
They grew real good up to that point though, then I ended up having to hand water constantly. If you go with the
bags you're fully committed, IME.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

When a plant gets root bound in the garbage bag it starts flowering earlier than the one next to it without the bag. This is useful for people with short growing seasons. Try to time and size things right so that it gets root bound when you want the plant to start flowering. The garbage bag also helps keep expensive nutrients and sometimes hard earned water where you want them instead of washing through into soil. In the ground is better than not since the temperature of the roots will remain much cooler under ground, rather than sitting in a black bag in the sun.

S

Seed Buyer

I think the idea is also to keep other surrounding plants roots from invasive use of your plants water and nutes.

Top Bottom