To water or not to water? Please help!

• Thread starter Venus32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venus32

Venus32

Sooo, my photo GSK plant was overwatered 9 days ago. I transplanted it into an air pot 4 days ago - roots looked healthy. Soil is now dry but plant still droopy. It’s still growing in height and flowers have developed.
I have no idea what to do now?

I’ve been told to let the soil dry before watering but do I water it given it still looks like this even though the soil is dry? Plant is in 4th week of flowering cycle. Thanks in advance for any insights. 🙂

To water or not to water please help
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Thanks for the reply. 👍

Even though the top leaves are still bloated? 🧐
Yes.

When people say don't water until the soil is dry, they don't mean bone-dry. There should be a little moisture in there.

Lift the pot and get an idea of its weight when it's dry. Then water it well and lift it again. You don't want to let it get quite as light as it is now, but close.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks dude. Temp is 25 during day and 17 at night. No idea re humidity though I’d say it’s pretty low.
ok, ya probably low.
damaged leaves will not recover, generally they will eventually yellow and die off, just watch new growth, hope that it grows out ok, i think soon she should recover and be looking good especially now using the air pots.
just get her water/fed and leave her to her environment..

Venus32

Venus32

Yes.

When people say don't water until the soil is dry, they don't mean bone-dry. There should be a little moisture in there.

Lift the pot and get an idea of its weight when it's dry. Then water it well and lift it again. You don't want to let it get quite as light as it is now, but close.
Ok, that’s really helpful. Thanks 🙏

Venus32

Venus32

ok, ya probably low.
damaged leaves will not recover, generally they will eventually yellow and die off, just watch new growth, hope that it grows out ok, i think soon she should recover and be looking good especially now using the air pots.
just get her water/fed and leave her to her environment..
Ok, I’ll give it a go. I’m so scared to give her water again but I’ve never run into these issues before so I’ll take the advice! Thanks mate.

Venus32

Venus32

Dry and dusty deep do
[/QUOTE]
Use the knuckle method to measure dryness of your pot (Push a finger knuckle deep into your substrate to gauge how hydrated it is), but yes water her fsho!
well let’s hope so,
after a watering it can take an hour up to 8 hours to be looking good so keep us updated today before lights out time, maybe a photo now and than one 5-6 hrs later.
I will. The pic I posted was just taken.
BUT can anyone tell me why she STILL looks overwatered with stems upright and leaves pointing down. This is more pronounced at the top of the plant. I imagined if the plant looked thirsty, stems would be drooping directly down from the main stalk. Video attached! Thanks so much 🤓

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Dry and dusty deep do

BUT can anyone tell me why she STILL looks overwatered with stems upright and leaves pointing down. This is more pronounced at the top of the plant. I imagined if the plant looked thirsty, stems would be drooping directly down from the main stalk. Video attached! Thanks so much 🤓
[/QUOTE]
seems stiff and leaves sound dry when touching them?

ZAA

ZAA

Dry and dusty deep do

[/QUOTE]

Initial thought: When the lights go on the plants will rise, the plants themselves are always holding water. Although if the medium is too dry the plants will still rise towards the light but the leaves (indicators) will continue to droop.

ZAA

ZAA

[/QUOTE]

What’s the humidity at in the room?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

Initial thought: When the lights go on the plants will rise, the plants themselves are always holding water. Although if the medium is too dry the plants will still rise towards the light but the leaves (indicators) will continue to droop.
[/QUOTE]

What’s the humidity at in the room?
[/QUOTE]
+1
just going to say get the humidity to 50-55..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
after watching the video, i’m a little concerned, so make sure you post more vids later tonight.. 🤞

Top Bottom