Toasters Seed Popping Micro Adventures

• Thread starter Toaster79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Hahaha legit!:smoking: Well then, while we're on the subject of leds do you use reflectors or optics on your cobs? And do you drive them at high capacity and get less par per watt used or do you run them for efficiency?

bicky studs

bicky studs

Hahaha legit!:smoking: Well then, while we're on the subject of leds do you use reflectors or optics on your cobs? And do you drive them at high capacity and get less par per watt used or do you run them for efficiency?
ive got reflectors but dont use them.
my cobs are running @50w, i turn em down a bit first week of flower.
when i get some sog monos going ill compare @25,@36,@50 see wats really up

Toaster79

Toaster79

No reflectors or optics on this unit. I built this light on budget so I'm pushing them cobs harder then most of people would. I've got 4 CXB3070 running at about 65W each. Considering people run CXB3590 at 50W max some would say I'm pushing it. But since my cobs are active cooled the story changes a bit. They do get warm to touch but nothing tragic. This way I do get a bit more penetration at lower efficacy (if it is lower at all).

My next rig will be built on efficiency though as I've got $500 worth of 96leds quantum boards on my way. 25x 2700K and 25x 4000K. 6 4000K are going in the veg box I'm building and for the flower room I'm about to build I'll mix 2700K and 4000K at 2:1 ratio 24-28 boards all together. Veg box size of 2x3' is getting 100-120W and the flower room that's gonna be a bit bigger than 4x4' is getting 550-600W with 24 boards horizontally mounted and 4 verticals in the middle of the room.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Awesome, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I've been bombarding myself with led tech chat videos and it's nice to have people to talk to directly on this stuff. I've also been hearing about people starting to add reds back into some of their full spectrum builds, what're your thoughts on those? Useful or not so much?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Awesome, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I've been bombarding myself with led tech chat videos and it's nice to have people to talk to directly on this stuff. I've also been hearing about people starting to add reds back into some of their full spectrum builds, what're your thoughts on those? Useful or not so much?

Came across myself people adding reds to their whites. I'd say it would be smart to do a bit of math first to see how much those reds are actually bringing on the table. Red leds have extremely low efficiency comparing to whites (which are actually blue leds under yellow phosphorus layer). I'm pretty confident you'd get more if you put another 2700K in there for the power those reds use. Also reds have much shorter life expectancy. So while youre whites are still running strong your reds are degrading and eventually produce nothing but heat and a negligible ammount of light. If they're mounted on a board together with whites, you'll have hard time swapping those and again they won't be doing much else but producing heat.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Haha my bad, I knew that sounded confusing. Are the 2700ks you referred to red or orangy?

Yes 2700K has the richest red spectrum

1510LEDs F6f1

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm just used to seeing a lot of people talk about 3500k. Forgive me for I am a newb when it comes to this hahaha;)

They are the cheapest ;)

I'll be mixing 2700K and 4000K since I'll be veging my plants in the flower room for a week or two before flip. Solely because my veg space will be to small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom