Tobacco Leafing??

• Thread starter MountainMama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MountainMama

MountainMama

Someone told me this is tobacco leafing??? I am not finding much info online. Would love some more insight on this. Thank you!!!
Tobacco leafing
Tobacco leafing
Tobacco leafing 2
Tobacco leafing 3
Tobacco leafing 4
Tobacco leafing 5

D

DoomBuds

I've got exactly the same on only 1 plant - Seedsman Blueberry. It's grown fine all the way through regardless and on like week 6 of flower now. Definitely not contagious and doesn't seem to be effecting much in terms of growth. Interested to hear what someone more knowledgable says. :)

P

Player0685

Someone told me this is tobacco leafing??? I am not finding much info online. Would love some more insight on this. Thank you!!!View attachment 818227 View attachment 818227 View attachment 818228 View attachment 818229 View attachment 818230 View attachment 818231
I have several strains going and out of ten big girls I have same issue with one. It was always behind the rest leads twisting at the ends. This lead to more major problems of spotting on leafs to almost killing the plant. I did full flush ph and ppm this is outdoor soil grow I have going on. This plant is still suffering looks Bette but might be because I constantly pick off sick growth. Sad part is well over half the plant has been eliminated at this point. Seeds were True North - Canuk seeds - Gg4 I popped four seeds killed one all three living are completely different from each other. Like I said earlier I have several outdoor strains going all drinking from the same source and no real known cause other than poor quality seed would be my guess at this point!

P

Player0685

This was weeks ago all the twisting leaves became infected with something few weeks ago with spotting and leaf rot all over. I'm on the verge of pulling her. I don't have a more recent photo of the ugliness that has happened. Anyways best of luck I'll follow this post hopefully someone with a clear answer chimes in.

IMG 1235 2
D

DoomBuds

Couldn't seem to go back an edit, here's a pic of my blueberry with it. I'm definitely starting to think it is TMV, just not sure if I should pull it or not :(

IMG 5625
P

Player0685

Couldn't seem to go back an edit, here's a pic of my blueberry with it. I'm definitely starting to think it is TMV, just not sure if I should pull it or not
Couldn't seem to go back an edit, here's a pic of my blueberry with it. I'm definitely starting to think it is TMV, just not sure if I should pull it or not :(
I would ride it out if your already week 5-6 flowering almost at the finish line anyways take what ya can get. There is info online about folks treating it with a diluted solution of aspirin but you would have to find the link I read it awhile ago found on Google somewhere

D

DoomBuds

I was thinking to. However, I read some shiz that it can make the buds produce something (cant remember the name for the life of me atm) thats not healthy for humans. Obviously smoke isn't healthy for humans, but that's something we accept, this I have control over. hmmmmm bloody hate decisions...

M

MamaBear

It does look like TMV. But don't pull her yet.
I've had plants that pull through and were fine.
TMV can kill your plants but if they are strong and healthy, they can beat the virus. Best if this happens in veg so they have time to come back before flowering. When it hits during full flower - usually turns into a disaster.

You can remove any effected leaves if they bother you - but the plant is still gonna have to deal with it on their own. Don't take too many though - she needs them!
As long as the plants are not touching each other - not likely to spread to the others. Wash your hands after touching a sick plant so you don't spread it either.
Good news is once they beat it, they don't usually get it again. Which can be a very good thing!

FYI, TMV can be used to make variegated plants. I've done it (not with MJ though). Some plants that beat the virus can retain the spotty look on their leaves forever.

Buddo

Buddo

Hey guys & gals.sorry to hear the shitty news, from what I understand, TMV is very rare in (da weed) and has 2 symptoms. 1- abnormal leave curl and 2- mosaic sporting,

If it is TMV, plants (cannabis and alike) can ride it out.Yes it will affect final yield, but you’ll get there.

If you find that only new growth is being affected and you don’t have any mosaic pattern and everything else is completely in check,then don’t rule out russet mite invasion. In the early stages the new growth looks very similar to your plants conditions, these are horrible little shits to get rid of, even more so in flowing ( when you don’t want to be use pesticides).

These can be and are often confused for TMV, the only way to tell is to get the leaf under a very good scope or to simply start a pesticide programme.

Just my 2 cents , hope all works out

Peace.

P

Player0685

It does look like TMV. But don't pull her yet.
I've had plants that pull through and were fine.
TMV can kill your plants but if they are strong and healthy, they can beat the virus. Best if this happens in veg so they have time to come back before flowering. When it hits during full flower - usually turns into a disaster.
You can remove any effected leaves if they bother you - but the plant is still gonna have to deal with it on their own. Don't take too many though - she needs them!
As long as the plants are not touching each other - not likely to spread to the others. Wash your hands after touching a sick plant so you don't spread it either.
Good news is once they beat it, they don't usually get it again. Which can be a very good thing!

FYI, TMV can be used to make variegated plants. I've done it (not with MJ though). Some plants that beat the virus can retain the spotty look on their leaves forever.
Thanks for the in site mama and buddy very helpful I'll carry on caring for my sick girl see how it fairs out. Feeling attached since having her around from mid February so definitely helpful to know she can stay and not cause any other issues most likely

Top Bottom