Tobacco Mosiac Virus - Removed Plants But Did It Spread?

• Thread starter MrPanda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrPanda

MrPanda

I determined a strain of mine has Tobacco Mosiac Virus (2 x King loius xiii) and removes both plants from the room to avoid it spreading by contact to any others.

Questions:

Has anyone had this, and what happened?

Do I need to be concerned my whole room is infected? It has been 5 weeks in the room

What can i do to prevent full blown infection?

If a friend wants cuttings from these plants, do I need to be concerned that I’m giving them a virus?

I would hate to loose all my plants due to 2 infected ones

MrPanda

MrPanda

After doing more research, I believe this may be a pheno issue with this one strain. I’m starting to think this is a variegation / mutation of chlorophyll generation. I’m hoping someone here can help me identify this.

Thanks

D7FB63D8 F2BD 4006 BE9B FE92ABB61F43
cannabeans

cannabeans

I will say that without a confirmed test what you are saying is just speculation. There have been many post believing that cannabis plants had TMV. There is also a thread in which the plant was tested a a pathology lab confirming in fact they did NOT have the virus.
Get it tested to confirm or not.

J

Jfrezy

When smoking cigarettes or blunt it's best to wash your hands good before touching ANY plants. TMV is real and can ruin entire crops.

MrPanda

MrPanda

Yes, I do. Thanks for the awesome info, I had no idea that is can be transferred that way. I did get this strain as a clone from a dispensary, and the only strain showing this. However, I will be much more careful about washing hands. Thanks a ton!

Smerb

Smerb

Yes, I do. Thanks for the awesome info, I had no idea that is can be transferred that way. I did get this strain as a clone from a dispensary, and the only strain showing this. However, I will be much more careful about washing hands. Thanks a ton!
My girlfriend was smoking by my plants a year ago I got all mad. Checked it out a little. My plants don't usually stress out but they were, I asked her to not smoke in my sunroom and it was all good after that. Not a big deal but it can stress your plants.

Smerb

Smerb

Maybe you have thus virus.
IMG 8011
If you knowingly smoke cigs around cannabis plants you know they inhale.

MrPanda

MrPanda

Just to clarify, I never smoke inside, so it’s not necessarily direct contact. I usually wash my hands after I smoke too because I hate the smell on me. I usually only smoke late at night, after my time in the Grow Room. I’m 99% sure I got it this way as clones cuz I noted in my journal the day they came home, but stupid me assumed it would grow out of it like a deficiency

MrPanda

MrPanda

So far since removing that strain, all others seem unaffected. But, I’ll keep this thread posted. Thanks everyone, love this community.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I think it's a myth.
I use to smoke and never once did any of my plants get it.
Do some research on here, plenty of posts talking about it.
STR8
I agree my partner smokes everytime hes in the room and never an issue i hear ppl claim it on a ton of og strains and from my xp its a cal mag issue but hey what do i know

MrPanda

MrPanda

Thanks!!!! I do add Calmag to just about every watering regardless of nutes because I’ve always done that due to OG strains needing it more it seems. I do a much lower dose than recommended because of that, and the strain is King louis xiii, so it may just be a need for more Calmag.

MrPanda

MrPanda

Just a follow up, everything still looks great, no signs of anything. The King Louis girls were taken out, I’m pretty convinced now this was entirely a deficiency issue. I actually watered with extra CalMag yesterday morning and today they look tits amazing

Top Bottom