tobh's thread about whatever

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Thread name jack from one of the classics. Anyone that knows, knows. Let's kick it off, come here for a vent, for support, to flex, post music, whatever. Just no trolling please. Heated debate is AOK.

I'll kick it off with this. Been struggling with the obligations of parenthood, career growth, and getting my most productive run ever to the finish line. A lot to juggle, and there are a lot of nuanced impacts through and through. This forum used to have iconic threads one could dive into and get discretely personal, and a lot of that culture seems to have faded as the world has grown. I can't help but reminisce, and be inspired by previous mentors to push through and recreate a new gen forum for this kind of thing.

In terms of the topic of the host, I'm getting ready to harvest these ladies, they're two or three weeks to the finish line. Post it up! Whatever it is, let's support one another.

Tobhs thread about whatever

crossfader

crossfader

I'll leave this here as I'm sure some can relate:
How do y'all deal/reason with a spouse or significant other who doesn't share the same passion for growing cannabis? (She likes hash exclusively but even then will only buy it 2-3 times a year)

My wife is a saint (given the fact she married mešŸ˜) but I get the eye roll/sigh when I bring up needing to purchase items for growing...she seems to think all that's needed is to plant a seed, water and voila, a healthy cannabis plant is produced! If it were only that easy!

She's especially sensitive to, and always comments on the wonderful aromas the plants give off in flowering. I've just started my first indoor tent grow from seed in the basement of our townhouse (2 plants, almost 2 weeks old, my first grow was outside) and before they hit flower I need to get a ventilation system bought and put in place. That's gonna be a nice conversation lol. She'll hem and haw before ultimately giving in.

I try telling her it's a bit of an investment in equipment, supplies, nutrients, etc. But future grows will be more economical since I'll have what I need for successful farming.

How does anyone else deal with situations like this?šŸ¤”āœŒ

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
How do y'all deal/reason with a spouse or significant other who doesn't share the same passion for growing cannabis? (She likes hash exclusively but even then will only buy it 2-3 times a year)

My wife is a saint (given the fact she married mešŸ˜) but I get the eye roll/sigh when I bring up needing to purchase items for growing...she seems to think all that's needed is to plant a seed, water and voila, a healthy cannabis plant is produced! If it were only that easy!

She's especially sensitive to, and always comments on the wonderful aromas the plants give off in flowering. I've just started my first indoor tent grow from seed in the basement of our townhouse (2 plants, almost 2 weeks old, my first grow was outside) and before they hit flower I need to get a ventilation system bought and put in place. That's gonna be a nice conversation lol. She'll hem and haw before ultimately giving in.

I try telling her it's a bit of an investment in equipment, supplies, nutrients, etc. But future grows will be more economical since I'll have what I need for successful farming.

It's always "There's a reason it's called weed, leave it alone."

tobh

tobh

Supporter

Could take the approach of using the opportunity to buy some bubble bags too, so once you two are done trimming up the harvest, you can share the scissor hash then make some bubble hash šŸ˜ turn the hemming and hawing into a winning situation for her too!

Full disclosure, I'm not married and my ol lady smokes waaaay more than I do, so she was all in when I got back into growing. She also taught me (through experience) how to get what I want without much fuss from her, so long there's benefits on her side lol

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Mornin all. Kinda hung over, shouldn't have drank a six pack of IPAs last night.

Gotta get out in the garden and get the covers pulled off, put away, get some more peat moss spread and amend with blood and bone meal. Then, get the old 1/4 hp rotatiller running. As much as I don't want to till, last year showed the soil is just too dense of clay and I don't have much choice.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Sunday Funday! Worked my ass off today. Didn't touch the big raised bed yesterday as I had planned, so got to it today. Pulled the covers, but the local garden center doesn't have peat bricks in yet, so figured it's good opportunity to let the soil air out a bit in the interim.

Did a bit more cleanup though and things are shaping up for a good jump on the spring plantings. Veg closet is packed right now, so won't be able to start anything more right now, but once I harvest this round, everything in the closet can move to the tent for a bit. It'll be a few weeks before I have anything ready to run in the tent anyhow.

One thing not done yet is getting that tiller running. Just didn't get to it this weekend. I'm sure it'll fire right up, it just needs a good spray down and the plug checked.

Think I've opted to go with soaker hoses again this year though. Running drip irrigation with the potential of moving late summer just isn't a viable option.

Anyways, would love to see this thread get more traction! What yall up to?

PXL 20210305 181451649

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Damn.. no traction on this thread. Looks like this forum doesn't get to the timeline these days. @Aqua Man @1diesel1 can either of you confirm if the smoker's lounge doesn't hit the main feed?

Either way, looking back at those pics, that run was beast. Wasn't terribly impressed at the time, but looking at an old pic changes perceptions. Still could've done better. lots of waste in that one.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Damn.. no traction on this thread. Looks like this forum doesn't get to the timeline these days. @Aqua Man @1diesel1 can either of you confirm if the smoker's lounge doesn't hit the main feed?

Either way, looking back at those pics, that run was beast. Wasn't terribly impressed at the time, but looking at an old pic changes perceptions. Still could've done better. lots of waste in that one.
Yo whatā€™s up tobh? How have you been? I wanted to drop you a pm but saw you had this thread hanging on life support so maybe we can revive it!
wanted to pick your brain a little bit on your Dutch setup, donā€™t think you ever got back with a smoke report on that harvest. Anyway you inspired me to try the ol Dutch buckets. I donā€™t remember much from your thread, some kind of short term memory loss, but definitely remember you saying one of the issues was not putting that extra 90 inside the bucket. I found a 10 site setup for $170 I think, just arrived today. Still waiting on my tent and fan to arrive and plan on using those plastic storage shelves you see at menards for the table. Already have my new lights! Canā€™t wait to give them a go!
I was wondering if you had any other major issues besides the 90 inside the buckets ? Any light leak issues? Iā€™ll be using 1.5ā€ pvc painted black with rubber grommets for the return to an external res. Each bucket has roughly 3 gallons of volume. I was thinking around 30 gallons for the resā€¦. Not too sure on how big I should go or how large of a pump Iā€™ll need. Let me know your thoughts man šŸ‘

29A9B102 B35C 4B2D A0BA 9241D1C856C1
8B74C9C7 DF2F 44EF 8552 B89D4F4291C3
CD160162 E519 4F66 9AFE 593DBEBC453C
4E13941A F6F8 4277 82CE A7E245ADE6F8
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yo whatā€™s up tobh? How have you been? I wanted to drop you a pm but saw you had this thread hanging on life support so maybe we can revive it!
wanted to pick your brain a little bit on your Dutch setup, donā€™t think you ever got back with a smoke report on that harvest. Anyway you inspired me to try the ol Dutch buckets. I donā€™t remember much from your thread, some kind of short term memory loss, but definitely remember you saying one of the issues was not putting that extra 90 inside the bucket. I found a 10 site setup for $170 I think, just arrived today. Still waiting on my tent and fan to arrive and plan on using those plastic storage shelves you see at menards for the table. Already have my new lights! Canā€™t wait to give them a go!
I was wondering if you had any other major issues besides the 90 inside the buckets ? Any light leak issues? Iā€™ll be using 1.5ā€ pvc painted black with rubber grommets for the return to an external res. Each bucket has roughly 3 gallons of volume. I was thinking around 30 gallons for the resā€¦. Not too sure on how big I should go or how large of a pump Iā€™ll need. Let me know your thoughts man šŸ‘
shit man... way past this now lol you learned real quick what the deal is with dutch buckets.

never posted a smoke report, but i guess that was primarily due to having grown the strain previously. i don't smoke much myself, but what I've indulged from that harvest was excellent. kind of racey for my liking, but excellent gas flavor. didn't burn as clean as i would've liked but i think that was due to various reasons throughout the grow. One recent review I got was from my landlord, which went something like "where did you get this stuff? it's delightful." to which my ol lady spilled the beans that I grew it -- non issue as i make tincture for his wife, but now they know the source of the medicine that everything gets made with haha. hope your run is going solid, haven't seen it pop up on my timeline in a while, but there are so many notifications in a given day i just can't keep track of what's what without hunting it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom