Today I learned why they call it skunkšŸ˜³

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Evening all! So my Green Crack girls are on day 37 of flower. I do have a grow diary but this was more to share my revelation when I opened the tent tonight.

Where we live there's pretty much one strain of biker weed, grow it fast, get it out, no cure. We always just called any weed with a strong smell that knocked you on your ass 'skunk'. I didn't know what a terpene was until 20 years into my smoking career. Don't get me wrong I've been properly off my tits on that shit, but more in the past than now. A lot of the best stuff comes from interstate and flu has put the knock on that.

So I was inspired to try my first grow, and picked Green Crack for first run. I've loved the whole process and learned so much, mostly how much I didn't know about my favourite plant in the world. So I kept hearing about people talking about skunky aromas as a specific thing and didn't really get it. Until I opened my tent tonight šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I only saw a skunk once when I lived in Maine and it was gross, but I can definitely see something of that here. More like wet dog. Dank - now I know where that comes from too haha. Really animal smell but in the most delicious possible way. There's bubblegum and citrus and pineapple in there too. Every day they do something new and I get to experience something that someone who loves this plant so much really should've been across years ago!

Interested to hear from other new growers how they're going and stuff they are learning. There's some really awesome first grows ticking along here. Soon we get to compare flowers!! šŸ˜‹

Today i learned why they call it skunk
Today i learned why they call it skunk 2
Today i learned why they call it skunk 3
Today i learned why they call it skunk 4
Today i learned why they call it skunk 5
Today i learned why they call it skunk 6
Today i learned why they call it skunk 7
Today i learned why they call it skunk 8
Today i learned why they call it skunk 9
Aaflexy

Aaflexy

Evening all! So my Green Crack girls are on day 37 of flower. I do have a grow diary but this was more to share my revelation when I opened the tent tonight.

Where we live there's pretty much one strain of biker weed, grow it fast, get it out, no cure. We always just called any weed with a strong smell that knocked you on your ass 'skunk'. I didn't know what a terpene was until 20 years into my smoking career. Don't get me wrong I've been properly off my tits on that shit, but more in the past than now. A lot of the best stuff comes from interstate and flu has put the knock on that.

So I was inspired to try my first grow, and picked Green Crack for first run. I've loved the whole process and learned so much, mostly how much I didn't know about my favourite plant in the world. So I kept hearing about people talking about skunky aromas as a specific thing and didn't really get it. Until I opened my tent tonight šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I only saw a skunk once when I lived in Maine and it was gross, but I can definitely see something of that here. More like wet dog. Dank - now I know where that comes from too haha. Really animal smell but in the most delicious possible way. There's bubblegum and citrus and pineapple in there too. Every day they do something new and I get to experience something that someone who loves this plant so much really should've been across years ago!

Interested to hear from other new growers how they're going and stuff they are learning. There's some really awesome first grows ticking along here. Soon we get to compare flowers!! šŸ˜‹
Great job!šŸ˜

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I grew out green crack a couple years ago and it was more a dieselxfruity type smell Man U will know a true skunk if they even still exist they used to absolutely reeeeek mate full roadkill skunk smell with tight medium dense nugs was awesome oh the memoriesšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ plants looking awesome they gunna start exploding now mate your yield will be aokāœŒļø

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah bro for sure. Those green cracks are looking beautiful you are doing an excellent job for your first grow. It is true that when you are growing and get to experience the aroma of the live plants it is much different than just smelling the finished flower. The smells and nuances are much more pronounced and your nose will catch things that are different than the finished product. As skunky and great as those plants are smelling that is NOTHING to how hot the shit used to be back in the day. Its exactly like the previous post said the true skunk from decades back would knock your nose for a loop. Almost make your eyes water basically impossible to cure it and transport it without reeking up the entire place. I got a old school OG cut that has a lot of gas thats the loudest strain I currently have. Im running it on my patio and especially in the early still morning that shit is reeking all the way out to the front street. Its great but still nothing to the skunky herb that was around when I was in high school I sure wish I had a time machine and could go back and get a cut. LOL šŸ˜‚

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Man love hearing about the good old days, I'm with you wish we could go back in a time machine and bring back Primo cuts. And yes bang on call, diesel X fruity is exactly what it is. The thing I called skunky is more sort of general dankness. Fucking delicious though with all that tropical and citrus fruit, bubblegum and oh yes, wet dog.

Thanks for all the encouragement crew, I fucking love this community. Can't wait to share photos once all harvested and trimmed. I was actually already really happy so to hear they are only just getting ready to properly explode is exciting! I must admit I got to four weeks in and thought oh well they're gonna be just some long sticks with little knots of buds, no colas, but still good for first attempt. Then they started fattening. Now I can almost sit and watch them grow they are fattening up so fast. What an incredible plant. Imagine looking at it and going how can I make that illegal?

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
The only thing I can think of that I can remember that is even remotely close to what I experienced personally somebody had a garlic bud and it was so pungent it made me vomit

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I asked a kid in the dispensary if they had any skunky weed and he looked at me like I was dumb. Well I had no idea it is that hard to find nowadays. Used to be Xmas bud every year.
I know a dude who grows skunk. Old school skunk. He gave me a small bag and it was in my truck for about two hours. My truck smelled like I hit a skunk for three days. I couldnā€™t believe it. I may have to have a talk with that guy and see if I can get a cut and self some seeds.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I got lucky I ended up with one tiny Herm pod in the tent and it fertilised two of the other plants, must have been real low down because no top buds were fertilised. Very minor problem, upside is I ended up getting about 11 Oz out of this after drying and trimming, and got like 50 seeds to hold onto. It's good bud. I took clones of one just before it flowered and put two outside and just watered them with some A+B and a few extra bits. Another four weeks or so...

How crazy is the structure on the big girl? That's seen zero training that structure is all from the monster cropping. All I've down is take all the small shit off bottom of branches. Heads only

A8050944 07DC 46BC 817A 7AEF2488E46F
81EC5F0E 7277 4A63 8097 80A0A62DE0DA
AC4845DE 43EE 4354 9774 BDE647963DBE

Latest posts

Top Bottom