today off to a bad start…

• Thread starter rusty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rusty

rusty

I woke up this morning, took a dab then started cleaning up the coffee table. I was moving my torch and the bottom caught the wire on my curve pulling it up, out and dropping it on my coffee table

broke-curve.jpg

Only after a week of use :(

Im thinking of replacing the curve with a illadelph hot head, or maybe a nail dome- something my clumsy ass is less likely to break. I really did like the curve, and I might just buy another one of those, but having never used dome or hot-head, i'd like to get some other peoples opinions before I order anything. What do you use/like and why?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Bummer, sorryabout your morning bro. I use a curve with a Toro micro and love the combo. The micro works well for flowers when coupled with the ashcatcher.

I have an Illidelph hot hit slide and wand combo as well. I never use the slide anymore. The 3 little holes constantly get clogged up. I use the wand daily though. I will only use the wand to light super fire flowers, anything else gets the bee line or the Hakko 456.

D

D.Tree

The hothit slide is really good for bubble hash but not so good for oil/wax. The new health stone bowls/pipes are where it's at aqualabtechnologies.com/ has some but there a lil pricey.

rusty

rusty

yeah man, the health stone is the shit! i just got it in today (hot damn aqualabs delivers fast!) whipped up some bho then took 2 dabs…hits…(?) or whatever a little while ago to break it in. tore me up! (its been a min since i had any bho, since the curve broke.) I like how simple it is, no waiting around on TI or a wand to heat up, easy to clean, u can get away with a smaller torch and most importantly, its going to be a lot safer around my clumsy ass than that curve was!

(doesn't look to bad on my lil shower head bubbler either)
healthstone.jpg

rusty

rusty

I think yer right… after a few miles, the HGS just aint the same…

M

MTgrower

After using my Ti nail and top load dome with the Ti dabber sold on Aqualab. I have never used my Ti pad since.

I'm willing to bet you will prefer the nail and dome setup.

rusty

rusty

cool, yeah i've never tried one, I'll have to order one from aqualab once I get a few extra bucks

Splifferous

Splifferous

i *love* my H.E. Ti nail and glass globe setup. way superior hits than a curve! i looked into the health stones, but what i don't like about them is that you have to torch them up while drawing the hit. the health stone is the only leading oil vape method that requires that you hit nasty fuel fumes. bah to unhealthful torch exhaust in my dab hits, and bah to misleading product names!

if you need to try one of them anyways, just buy the replacement tapered stone itself ($26), and toss it in an 18mm glass joint stem that you have laying around. no need at all to buy a special bowl for the stone. but then, that could be $26 towards the nail/globe setup of your dreams.

here's a vid of my setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K-ZlO6j5uM

Splifferous

Splifferous

fsho! i have no doubts that you will LOVE it too. mine is a total of 4 parts; the 18mm globe and 18mm nail, but the base is 18mm/14mm so it fits right in my 14mm pieces, but then it has an adapter that the 14mm can sit it so that it fits my 18mm pieces. i don't really medicate on flowers anymore, but this set lets me put oil thru all my previous nug pieces, even my big ass hookah that takes an 18mm bowl. and *that* is where the 18mm Ti nail just outright spanks any curve in versatility. i can easily toss enormous dabs on for hookah time, or lil bitty ones when im dabbing the wife or rookies. either way, theres no worries about fitting the dab in a narrow opening, no amber bombs, and no wasted smoke.

rusty

rusty

cool, yeah, my only worry about a dome is that my piece is a top loading type… so hopefully all that male to female adapter and stuff isnt too tall for my piece, like check out this ash catcher:

IMG_0326.jpg

its so tall that its eye level, thus we call it 'the eye crosser'. I dont use it, because I dont like crossing my eyes, haha

the HGS is proabably about as tall as i could go, and still be able to peer down into the bowl

IMG_03281.jpg

AQL has the 18 male to 14 female adapter/globe thing, the 'mini dome' setup, is there any advantage to that set up? anyone?

MeltMan

MeltMan

that just uses a 14mm dome top instead of the 18mm

if your worried about that I would get another curve. curves are angled more so you can see them from that angle.

Top Bottom