TOM HILL deep chunk or x18

• Thread starter Venom818
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venom818

Venom818

Looking at these 2 strains i was hoping maybe farmers that have grown either of these strains can give me there opinion good or bad which one is better.thnx:character0025:

H

haze89

I like the x18 a ton homie. Never ran or burned any Deep Chunk though. I was actually gonna grab some x18 and O-Haze from tom hill this thursday too lol. Karma's dead on with the x18 though, earthy dank and kushie. Good bag appeal, smell, and some phenos are KILLERS. Really good breeding material as well if you plan on doing some pollen chucking.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
how about his haze an1 know looks frosty

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
got two X18's going right now, really really nice plants... I'll start a thread as soon as i start taking pictures :-)

gonna do a deepchunk selection outdoors this year, hoping for a nice lady to clone

cheers

true grit

true grit

Bet that X18 is gonna be super chunky... i was looking at both those but think i would prefer the bit more stretch and yield from the X18. I picked up some O. Haze but didn't get very good germ rates or strong seedlings, so they went to the wayside. Still got 6 beans to pop tho, saving those for a haze run...

winta

winta

i was torn between the x18 and the haze myself :) i know ogr used the x18 in that strawberry x18 so im sure its fire!

true grit

true grit

If you scoop the haze just plan on it being something for fun to pop a few here and there.... i wouldnt pick that strain if you are looking for anything other than head stash and don't mind losing a few to germ....

H

haze89

looks like x18 is the way to go.

Yeah man for sure, I personally bought the O haze only for some pollen chucking. Haze is my thing but if I were growing haze for the smoke I'd just get some Nevs, SSH, or Mango Haze from MNS. Tom Hills best Smoke IMO is probably the x18 as it's a pure paki land race worked in cali for some time with a surprisingly heady leaning high and good yield.

O

Ozstoner

If you scoop the haze just plan on it being something for fun to pop a few here and there.... i wouldnt pick that strain if you are looking for anything other than head stash and don't mind losing a few to germ....

Tom's strain description for the O. Haze says approx 5% of plants (1 in 20) are excellent:

Breeder : Tom Hill
Flowering Time : 14 - 16 Weeks
Environment : Indoor / Outdoor
Seeds Per Pack : 10
Haze is a four-way hybrid of some of the finest narrow-leaf tropicals that the world has ever known (Mexico, Colombia, S. India, Thailand), so the legend goes.
A long flowering plant that gives wispy yields of the highest quality. This line is out of Sam Skunkmans stock by way of Positronics seeds ("Original Haze") circa mid 1990's.
It does not breed true for its intoxicating properties, however the best examples (approx 5%) are electrifyingly cerebral.
For decades, words have utterly failed to fully capture the intensity of effect that a good example of Haze can give - it is absolutely in a league of its own and must be experienced.

Assuming he is talking about females then you would need to grow out approx 4 packs of seeds to find that one electrifyingly cerebral specimen. I bought 4 packs, lol.

Also that beautiful Deep Chunk plant that is pictured on the DC strain-description page, i found a thread by Tom where he deos a grow diary on 50 DC seeds outdoors and that one in the picture was the best plant out of the 50. He said that it was neccesary to grow that many plants to find those 1 or 2 special plants, but i'm sure you could find a special keeper in 2 packs or even 1 if your lucky. I bought 2 packs each of DC and X18. His Pine Tar Kush looks interesting too but is harder to find for sale.

Top Bottom