Too Bushy

• Thread starter Cory B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

IMG 0697
IMG 0701
I think you're good. Make em reach. Bushy can be an issue for penetration but with a net set I'd assume your plan is to run a level canopy so penetration isn't as important. It's when the bushiness blocks lower bud sites that it is issue. The way you're going at it everything under the net probably be clipped off to focus energy to the tops. Plants look good to me. I'm on first grow though. I hit bush issues but still doing pretty good. I'm letting em grow no net See how dark my lower ends are. Everything down there becomes useless

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

View attachment 738110 View attachment 738111 I think you're good. Make em reach. Bushy can be an issue for penetration but with a net set I'd assume your plan is to run a level canopy so penetration isn't as important. It's when the bushiness blocks lower bud sites that it is issue. The way you're going at it everything under the net probably be clipped off to focus energy to the tops. Plants look good to me. I'm on first grow though. I hit bush issues but still doing pretty good. I'm letting em grow no net See how dark my lower ends are. Everything down there becomes useless
Well, I was told to stretch the hell out of my stems for my first scrog (thx @EventHorizan). I was using cfls(about 200watts) at first and it was suggested that I keep them 1-2 feet away from my plants! Disregarding the extent of that advice, I kept them around 10-11 in. away from them instead. The stretch I achieved was glorious and this where I'm at now. Well, the point is, it couldn't be stressed enough to me the importance of acquiring stretch.

Day 1 recovery after deploying the net and transplanting to bigger pots:

20170906 202353
20170906 202236
Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

View attachment 738110 View attachment 738111 I think you're good. Make em reach. Bushy can be an issue for penetration but with a net set I'd assume your plan is to run a level canopy so penetration isn't as important. It's when the bushiness blocks lower bud sites that it is issue. The way you're going at it everything under the net probably be clipped off to focus energy to the tops. Plants look good to me. I'm on first grow though. I hit bush issues but still doing pretty good. I'm letting em grow no net See how dark my lower ends are. Everything down there becomes useless
Gosh darn. If I grow something resembling that, I'll be pleased to the bone. I almost thought it was a scrog

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

What you DO NOT want to do is stack nodes too close together. I'm assuming because you want each cola to have their own space to fill the net vertically. They look too compact but you might get differing opinions on that. Indicas right?

Last edited:
Cory B

Cory B

Yes the three big ones are indicas the small is sativa that was lst'ed to try to keep it down with the other three. I'm running a 315cmh, had it about 30" above but have brought it up to about 42" most of the side branches are stretching out to meet up with the tops. I just hope it all works out, it's my first grow so everything's so new to me.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Not bad homie! Are u mad bro that that bottom scruff aint worth sheet?

I got a technique for you that will double your yield!.
Selective fan leaf removal during veg...
When you start some more plants let me know and i will walk you threw it... Keep it green!

plm

plm

Exactly, defoliate before 12/12 remove all that useless grow, branches who won't reach to the light eventually, this way you will redirect the energy and prioritize it to where it counts most: the canopy.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Being able to grow a plant, and utilizing techniques to get the most bang for your buck is 2 diff things..

I watched a grower from the 70's shit bricks when i supercropped one of his plants.. I grow for pounds!

Monster762

Monster762

Not bad homie! Are u mad bro that that bottom scruff aint worth sheet?

I got a technique for you that will double your yield!.
Selective fan leaf removal during veg...
When you start some more plants let me know and i will walk you threw it... Keep it green!
Ok. I have 2 sour diesel trying to reveg now. Didn't have room so I pulled them in early flower. Been under 24 hr led light for a month or so still kicking out buds. But soon as I get this batch done (2-3 weeks ) ill have my room again.

plm

plm

Look at my stretched bitches, under a 600W Dual Spectrum, a scrog setup would've worked wonders to work that stretchy genetics, and get the most out of it, guess I'll go with what I have now, 3 more weeks and they'll finish.

But for my next grow I'll definitely consider going scrog screen.

Sd
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ok. I have 2 sour diesel trying to reveg now. Didn't have room so I pulled them in early flower. Been under 24 hr led light for a month or so still kicking out buds. But soon as I get this batch done (2-3 weeks ) ill have my room again.
the technique im gonna show you really needs started on new plants from seed. What it will do is make that cola that you have the highest come down lower while making the lower branches come up higher evening out the canopy.... We will control the plants growth by removing the very top fan leaves to promote lateral branching and stretching of the bottom branches to even out the canopy..

20170906 175550
20170906 175607
20170906 175615 HDR
20170906 180918
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I was told the these plants are too bushy. What's everyone else think, is there such a thing as to bushy?

Haha who told u that some Newb?? To bushy? Those plants are still super young you don't need to worry about thinning out until they get a lil bigger at most just bend branches and start training them as it's never to early for that but u almost can't even tell what those plants are going to look like yet u don't want to start hacking away at plants so young.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Look at my stretched bitches, under a 600W Dual Spectrum, a scrog setup would've worked wonders to work that stretchy genetics, and get the most out of it, guess I'll go with what I have now, 3 more weeks and they'll finish.

But for my next grow I'll definitely consider going scrog screen.
see the problem there is all the lowers are never gonna mature and the patients will not consume that larf... Thats why techniques are so important to getting every bit of bud that your lights can grow...

plm

plm

I'm considering of harvesting in 2 phases, once the main colas and the buds on the canopy first, and give the ones below one more week of ripening, anything wrong with it?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I'm considering of harvesting in 2 phases, once the main colas and the buds on the canopy first, and give the ones below one more week of ripening, anything wrong with it?

Nothing wrong with it give the lower buds more light to mature if ur trying to get rid of that Larf

Latest posts

Top Bottom