Too early to LST these autos?

• Thread starter Trickiebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trickiebush

Trickiebush

I've just popped a few extra auto ak thatbwill be going outdoors uk, and I'm wondering if this is too early to LST /train? I know lst means low stress training and low being the appropriate word, but as they're autos and I've been out the homeowner scene a couple of years I dont want to hinder them. Thanks

Too early to lst these autos
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Nope, not too early. Just be careful of the stem. Support it if you have concerns. For example, if you pull the top down to the left, put a tie below the first set of leaves pulling the opposite direction.

You want to LST before the stems get rigid.

Trickiebush

Trickiebush

thanks @Gashuffer. Solid advice. Is it standard practice to start training this early on then if your not going to be aiming to mainline or top etc?

Trickiebush

Trickiebush

Nope, not too early. Just be careful of the stem. Support it if you have concerns. For example, if you pull the top down to the left, put a tie below the first set of leaves pulling the opposite direction.

You want to LST before the stems get rigid.
Is this kind of what you meant my man ??

20200625 155017
20200625 155020
20200625 155047
Gashuffer

Gashuffer

Yup, that'll work. You just don't want the stress to be on the roots, you want it on the stem.

As far as standard practice, no idea. Folk seem to be all over the place with LST, HST or hands off practices. To each their own. But, LST is pretty forgiving as long as you're gentle.

Trickiebush

Trickiebush

The good execution came from quality teachings lol. I think being autos for me, LST was the way to go especially being outdoors in the uk weather. You can't just catch up water a mistake with lots of lumens. If the sun goes away for a week for so then you've lost suna and have a stressed or damaged plant

Top Bottom