Too heavy leaning auto in flower

• Thread starter Clyde4210
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I have a tall auto that's heading into 6th week of flowering. My problem 8s that it's super heavy on one side. Can I prune the lower stuff off without sacrificing quality?

Here's areas of concern that really small stuff. Last pic is show off but it is representative of what's up top.

Too heavy leaning auto in flower
Too heavy leaning auto in flower 2
Too heavy leaning auto in flower 3
Too heavy leaning auto in flower 4
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

You could, but to what end? I suspect the plant has more light on one side and is growing toward it.

In flower you want to be careful introducing change, but at the least you could set up some sort of trellis net, or even a stake to support the plant and redirect it a bit. The branches are only goign to get heavier, and the side branches coming off the main branches will get too heavy to support themselves.

I hesitate to suggest this, but since it looks like there is no net, you could rotate the plant. I just have a feeling that it will not benefit from that.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I tried the mmmmmm turning it but like you it's scary. I notice changes but what am I looking at a decline in good stuff? I actually had to lop off a good cola that got damage and was causing issues (see pic). It wasn't getting light and no matter where I strung it was bad lighting. I hated doing that especially knowing it wasn't ready. I'm waiting on sugar leaves to fade.

So that's a big no on pruning. Maybe wire it down?

IMG 20220505 113712250
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is this in soil? If so, can you just get one of those green stakes from the garden center, put it in the pot and tie the plant to it?

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Is this in soil? If so, can you just get one of those green stakes from the garden center, put it in the pot and tie the plant to it?
Unfortunately it's an auto flower in water. I'm running hydroton at about bottom of net.

I see a harvest to soon or trying to balance the weight.

I'm or it's not ready for harvest. I thought overdrive when I'm ready for sugar leaves. I have all this larf. If I trim it? I rather 5rash it.

I don't care

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well man you haven’t got a lot of choices tape sticks to sides of pot then use string - u are gonna have to be creative

Those gro yos are ur cheapest easiest option not sure why they won’t work for you

josefrahl

josefrahl

You can tie them together with plant ties so they support each others' weight. So tie one on the left to one in middle, then that middle one to another on the right, and so on. Don't tie them close together though, still need space. I've done this before, and once you get it right they all support each other.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Use coated gardening wire and lash the leaning branches to the stronger central arms. Available at any home center, hardware store, nursery, etc…

That’s a lot of loli-popping for an auto - check out low-stress training (LST) for your next run.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I think which I already been working greens idea on but 8m afariad it's bad. I know it's good but what am I sacrificing? Do I lose or gain I guess is my question?

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Thanks guys and it's gotten worse. Funny part is the light they're growing to is 100w. Light on top slightly over other side is 150w.

I'm going to try rope because wire isn't working it's just too heavy.

I only have a few more weeks till I start checking. I was going to wait for sugar fade but I don't think it'll make it. It wants to break now.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Use coated gardening wire and lash the leaning branches to the stronger central arms. Available at any home center, hardware store, nursery, etc…

That’s a lot of loli-popping for an auto - check out low-stress training (LST) for your next run.
I lsted it don't remember how many and when I did I tried to even it out. I tried leaving the center open. That was back when it started to flower. I have used 65 feet of that gardening wire that's lights and lst.

I'm going to the store grab some nylon rope and tie it off to a 5 gallon bucket of water. Just hope it works.

H

hawkman

I have a tall auto that's heading into 6th week of flowering. My problem 8s that it's super heavy on one side. Can I prune the lower stuff off without sacrificing quality?

Here's areas of concern that really small stuff. Last pic is show off but it is representative of what's up top.
Yes you can defoliate the "bad" side. if you wan to solve the light issue consider "sidelighting" I use 12by12 led panels - using panels will slow down streach (misspelled) or yu could run led light strips *(expensive) I use Blue spectrum panels for veg and red panels for flower (if money an issure get full spectrum 12by12 panels ($33.00 (+/-)

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I'll have to try that next time can't afford it this month had carpet installed. I'm using a 100w and a 150w. The 100w is or was side lighting. Defoliating the garbage works for me. I was hoping someone would say yes. I don't even think that stuff has trichs. The one cola i cut stem was looking mushy at the break so I cut it off below.

Thanks.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Nylon rope will chafe the stem layers - anything coated or pliable would be a better option.

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I actually used the garden wire. I started un- lsting the colas that are set in stone. I appreciate the help because I really want to make it to the sugar fade. I'm going to defoliate some fans on that heavy side.

I know it's been asked but I can cut this stuff 9ff? There's a lot of that on that side.

Top Bottom