too hot in my grow room

• Thread starter memnoch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
memnoch

memnoch

i made a homemade grow tent in a space i have available. but i can control the temp well at all. I order an

AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4 and i really hope this will help it out more.​

I've been using this to help take out the hot air iPower 4 Inch 195 CFM Inline Fan Circulation Vent Blower, Air Carbon Filter, 8 Feet Ducting and 1-Pair Rope Combo for Grow Tent Ventilation, Low noise.​

it is not doing much of anything. should i switch the infinity one and this one out and use the ipower as an intake or should i use the ac infinity for the intake, or will it even matter? i don't currently have an intake yet so maybe that will help out some more. it got up to 99 in there the other day and it was only 79 outside. i also am using a small fan but that's just blowing the hot air around. I'm kind of stuck for ideas on how to cool it down in there.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Are there any windows near the room that could be used to pull in outside air? Maybe with some ducting?

Running the lights at night probably would help.

Last summer, I basically concluded that the hot months of the year were not the best time to grow inside. I realized that the heat from the lights was working against the air conditioner. That's not good for the power bill. During the cold months, however, the heat from the lights (and the tent heater) helps to warm the house.

Please post pictures so the folks here can get a better idea of what you're trying to do.

Mothman

Mothman

i made a homemade grow tent in a space i have available. but i can control the temp well at all. I order an

AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4 and i really hope this will help it out more.​

I've been using this to help take out the hot air iPower 4 Inch 195 CFM Inline Fan Circulation Vent Blower, Air Carbon Filter, 8 Feet Ducting and 1-Pair Rope Combo for Grow Tent Ventilation, Low noise.​

it is not doing much of anything. should i switch the infinity one and this one out and use the ipower as an intake or should i use the ac infinity for the intake, or will it even matter? i don't currently have an intake yet so maybe that will help out some more. it got up to 99 in there the other day and it was only 79 outside. i also am using a small fan but that's just blowing the hot air around. I'm kind of stuck for ideas on how to cool it down in there.
It would help to know more about your home made tent (dimensions, inlet and outlet vent sizes, where the tent lives, etc). Are you venting the hot air out? What kind of lighting set up are you trying to cool?

Yes, the ACI T4 will probably be much more effective as your primary exhaust (to the outdoors). Your old fan will help for intake assist but if your tent is not too big, it may not be needed.

All this is dependent on your not having any choke points (like too-small vent openings on the tent). The cubic space is also important to match to the new fan. I have a 40”x40”x80” and I opted for the ACI 6” exhaust fan to ensure it moved air efficiently and with less noise than the T4.

Mothman

Mothman

Are there any windows near the room that could be used to pull in outside air? Maybe with some ducting?

Running the lights at night probably would help.

Last summer, I basically concluded that the hot months of the year were not the best time to grow inside. I realized that the heat from the lights was working against the air conditioner. That's not good for the power bill. During the cold months, however, the heat from the lights (and the tent heater) helps to warm the house.

Please post pictures so the folks here can get a better idea of what you're trying to do.
@memnoch, @BigBlonde is right. I, too, have decided no more indoor grows in the heat of summer, for the same reasons. But I would caution you to think long and hard about switching day and night in your tent. My current grow journal is filled with reminders to myself that I will never do that again. What an enormous pain in my ass!

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

But I would caution you to think long and hard about switching day and night in your tent. My current grow journal is filled with reminders to myself that I will never do that again. What an enormous pain in my ass!
I agree with that! I only suggested it as an option. I like my plants to keep the same hours as I do. My 18/6 schedule is 6:00 AM to midnight.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I agree with that! I only suggested it as an option. I like my plants to keep the same hours as I do. My 18/6 schedule is 6:00 AM to midnight.
And mine is 5am to 11pm. I also have tried running the lights during cooler hours. I switched back because it never seemed like I had enough time to tend to things properly.

As for summer time? If you're able to, its much easier to grow outside than to fight the summer heat under a high powered LED/HID grow light.

memnoch

memnoch

my room is about 4 x 3x 7(high) its in a room that is outside not in my house. has no windows, have mylar up to reflect light. 3 auto plants in it. have two

AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet 4” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller,​

AC Infinity CLOUDRAY S6, Grow Tent Clip Fan 6” with 10-Speeds, EC-Motor, Weatherproof IP-44, Auto Oscillation, Quiet Hydroponics Circulation Cooling​

i have to ac infinity blowing out now. it's been pretty cool though sense i did that and can't really tell anything yet. if you go on my profile i have some decent pics of the room. you can't see everything but some of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom