Too Late to Pop Beans?

• Thread starter sjstylz408
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sjstylz408

I was wondering on whats your opinion on poping some beans right now. Youguys/ gals think its too late? I personally want to pop them and put outdoors.

Also was wondering what are your guys method of germination? i normally do the papertowl thing

redman420

redman420

It is very late to pop some ,i started some the first week of july and there already 1 ft tall,so i would say start them inside for a week or two at 18hrs of light them move them out, you still have about a month of veg outside so i would get them going ASAP!:banana1sv6:

S

sjstylz408

yeah that is what i was thinking.. only 1mo or less to veg if i put it under a florscent.
a lil smaller yeild. Should i Just save them for next season?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yes if I were u I would juss save them 4 next year so u can grow a huge tree with a couple of p's on the plant.. If u start now u might only get a 1/2 zip or maybe a whole zip that's about it..

budboy299

budboy299

or.....you could plant them close together in one spot and let them go to seed. That way you have tons of seeds for next year. Just a thought -BB

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It is very late to pop some ,i started some the first week of july and there already 1 ft tall,so i would say start them inside for a week or two at 18hrs of light them move them out, you still have about a month of veg outside so i would get them going ASAP!:banana1sv6:

Cool, temperature stable and DRY dry dry! Some folks use the refrigerator, others use the freezer, but if nothing else store them kind of like wine. Those absorbent silicone packs that are placed with stuff shipped overseas are great to put in with the seeds you're storing.
yeah that is what i was thinking.. only 1mo or less to veg if i put it under a florscent.
a lil smaller yeild. Should i Just save them for next season?
Um... why would you go to the trouble of germinating only to put them under artificial lighting, when they would go gangbusters and balls out if they were under the Big Metal Halide in the Sky? It's not going to make them grow any faster, and it will serve well to cause hormonal photoperiod confusion.

If you're going to pop them, keep them under the sun where they'll grow out. Hopefully you aren't too far north to get an actual finish from them.

It's never mattered much to me whether or not I get a gigantic tree, I just want to see what that particular lady is going to do outside, and then I usually take cuttings late in the season that I keep over the winter. Sometimes I'll flower out some of the cuts indoors, other times I just keep them to start again outside the next year.

redman420

redman420

You start them inside because you can use a heating mat to get more root growth faster and so you can give them 18 hrs of light,thats what they need to get good root growth,if you have ever started seeds outside you would know that it takes a long time to get them to pop!and getting a few ounces are better than nothing!!!And about saving them you could but seeds are pretty cheap now so if you get a half to a whole zip per plant,so if you need weed I would start them but if you dont need weed then save them.:icon_animal26:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You start them inside because you can use a heating mat to get more root growth faster and so you can give them 18 hrs of light,thats what they need to get good root growth,if you have ever started seeds outside you would know that it takes a long time to get them to pop!and getting a few ounces are better than nothing!!!And about saving them you could but seeds are pretty cheap now so if you get a half to a whole zip per plant,so if you need weed I would start them but if you dont need weed then save them.:icon_animal26:
If I have ever started seeds outside.... :giggle

So, if they don't get 18hrs of light, they won't have good root growth? And you have to use a heat mat because...? It doesn't get warm enough outdoors?

Yeah, and I only ever get a few pounds off every seed start that I begin outdoors. Guess that's just not the way to do it.

S

sjstylz408

Yeah I have and its Dear Long.. What i was saying was Should I have Germ Them and Grow them indoors for about a mo and throw them outside. But Looks like im leaning towards saving the seeds for next season

S

sjstylz408

I was reading the " Grow Faq" on the Storing Beans and seems really insane

j wizzle

j wizzle

if you want to store seeds....dry, dark, cool....thats it. if the spot doesnt match that description, then dont store them there. its not that difficult.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I say throw them outside. You can always take cuts before they flower, and outdoor cuts make vigorous plants too. Then you'll know exactly what you're dealing with for next year. If its only a few seeds, keep them in the sun and then bring them inside or put a light over them to extend the photoperiod and prevent them from flowering. If you have a lot of seeds, then all the more reason to throw a few out this year.

Also, 18/6 provides better root growth than 24/0, but they will do just fine outside. I've never used a heatmat in my life and my roots are thick, dense, and white. Either the paper towel method or right into the soil. I use the paper towel just so I know right away that the seeds are viable.

Top Bottom