Too Much Co2? Water Level Too High?

• Thread starter Mids4lyfe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mids4lyfe

So I'mvegging my plants on a dwc table then putting them into my Current cultute system for flower. This run I decided to veg them for 2 weeks in the dwc table and then another 2 weeks in the CC system before I flip them. I put them into the CC about 4 days ago and everything seemed fine. Yesterday I added co2 at 1200ppm and today I came back and all the plants are drooping. Some worse than others. Do you think the co2 could have done this? That's the only thing that I changed in the few days it's been in the CC system. I also changed the light schedule from 24 to 18/6 but I did that on the day that they were movedinto the other system. Any ideas what's going on?

This run I also switched from the air hoses that come with the system to 4" air stones. Idk if that could have anything to do with it? It looks like the stones bubble more than the air hoses did.

Also I have my water level about 1/4'' above the bottom of the net pots. Should i lower it?

Too much co2 water level too high
Too much co2 water level too high 2
Too much co2 water level too high 3
Too much co2 water level too high 4
Too much co2 water level too high 5
M

Mids4lyfe

After doing more research I'm starting to think it's the water level and not the co2. I'm going to lower it an see if that helps.

Also if I add a splitter and add another 4" air stones to each bucket will that give me more oxygen or will it still be basically the same bc it's still the same amount of air being pumped through?

H

heisen

Water level wont effect them like that.if anything a higher water level in veg is better than drop towards flower.
How many gallons of water total and how many watts of air are you running.
Also check the roots for brown algae.looks like you might have some root pathogen that took hold and is taking oxyegen from the system.

H

heisen

Also what's you light schedule?sometimes plants will look that way at the end of a light cycle if your humidity is low.if your running 18 6 wait and see how they look an hour after the lights come back
On

M

Mids4lyfe

Water level wont effect them like that.if anything a higher water level in veg is better than drop towards flower.
How many gallons of water total and how many watts of air are you running.
Also check the roots for brown algae.looks like you might have some root pathogen that took hold and is taking oxyegen from the system.

The water level was definitely bigger when I had them in the dwc table and they seemed happy. They also seemed really happy the first 3 days they were in the cc. I have a 13gal 24 site. There is about 250 gal of water in their currently. I'm not sure how many watts of air. I'm running the 3 air pimps that came with the system. I'll have to check how many watts it is. The roots were super white when I put them in and now they are definitely a little darker. Not much but they are a shade or so darker than when I put them in. They have been on 24 when I put them into the system I switched them to 18/6 for the first couple days but then when I noticed this issue I put them back on 24 thinking that the light change confused them or something.

H

heisen

Yeah you might need to add some hydroguard or other dwc bennies.darkening roots is a bad sign.
If your under 24 hours plants will sleep regardless of the light cycle when they are ready.i would switch to 18 6 and give them some dark period and see how they look when the lights come back on for a couple hours.mine.would look like that an hour or 2 before lights went out and after back on they would look perfect again after an hour.
Find out how much air you are moving and make sure it's enough for 250 gallons of water.im pretty sure it's a root issue though and you need to get some uc roots or hydroguard in there asap before things get carried away.

M

Mids4lyfe

Yeah you might need to add some hydroguard or other dwc bennies.darkening roots is a bad sign.
If your under 24 hours plants will sleep regardless of the light cycle when they are ready.i would switch to 18 6 and give them some dark period and see how they look when the lights come back on for a couple hours.mine.would look like that an hour or 2 before lights went out and after back on they would look perfect again after an hour.
Find out how much air you are moving and make sure it's enough for 250 gallons of water.im pretty sure it's a root issue though and you need to get some uc roots or hydroguard in there asap before things get carried away.

I have about 800ml of uc roots in there now. You think I should add more? I have some hydroguard already how much should I add? I also have h2o2 I can add if you think that would help. I should have enough air seeing that I'm using the onesp it came with but I did switch from the air hoses they give you to air stones. Idk how much of a difference that could have made? It looks like the stones create more bubbles than the hoses did but it's hard to actually talk just from looking at it.

H

heisen

Naw dont add UC roots and hydroguard together.uc roots is a sterilizer,acid based chlorine.800ml is double there recommended dose so your good there.i cant tell on the air cause I dont know what you have.its either not enough dissolved oxygen or like i said the lights need to go out for 6 hours and see how they look after the lights come back on for an hour.
You would be surprised at how simple that sounds but it does mattter

H

heisen

And dont add h202 to your system..that shot will fuck a UC system up if you dont add it in right.just avoid it all together

H

heisen

I'm pretty sure he has a dissolved oxyegen issue with not enough air.those pre made dwc setups they never give you enough air pump for what you need.
You need at least a watt per gallon or roughly 2 lpm per gallon of water in the system.
Plants look like a over watered soil plant which is a dead giveaway you have a dissolved oxyegen issue or roots are coated with algae or some other pathogen starving them from air.

H

heisen

Is your ph dropping? Like more than 3 10ths of a point or more in a 12 hour period?falling ph is another sign of root issues.

M

Mids4lyfe

Naw dont add UC roots and hydroguard together.uc roots is a sterilizer,acid based chlorine.800ml is double there recommended dose so your good there.i cant tell on the air cause I dont know what you have.its either not enough dissolved oxygen or like i said the lights need to go out for 6 hours and see how they look after the lights come back on for an hour.
You would be surprised at how simple that sounds but it does mattter

They say 2-5 ml per gallon of uc roots al I'm kind of in the middle of that. I'm gonna switch the lights back to 18/6 and see what happens. Thanks for all your help. Do you think I should raise the water level back up or just leave it how it is? Right now I'm at about a half inch below the net pot.

H

heisen

They say 2-5 ml per gallon of uc roots al I'm kind of in the middle of that. I'm gonna switch the lights back to 18/6 and see what happens. Thanks for all your help. Do you think I should raise the water level back up or just leave it how it is? Right now I'm at about a half inch below the net pot.
If the roots arent in the water than they cant eat,i would keep the water level up in veg,You want all the roots to be in the water,Its DWC not aeroponic.I usually drop my water level after i flip to flower and all the roots are well established.
As long as you feel like your getting plenty of air in the system than i think your good.Plants just look like there not getting enough DO to me.
Watch them aftger the lights come on and if they perk up real nice than dont worry about it.If they continue to look like that than your gonna need to add bigger air pumps.

Top Bottom