Too much light in closet?

• Thread starter senate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

senate

A closet is about 5.75' x 2' (11.5 sq ft). There is one 600w HPS Lumatek 92,000 lumen bulb, and one 360w HPS conversion bulb, 45,000 lumens. Is this too much light? Should the 600w be in there alone? Thanks.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
83 watts per square foot is fine as long as you can keep that space cool

S

senate

Right on. If it does get too hot and the 400 disappears, would you just recommend supplementing the side plants with CFLS?

hiboy

hiboy

Under lighting leaves is not recommended, i have heard that it burns them tender baby butts. You can side light.... but Do you have mylar or equal around all walls. That should help out with side lighting
hiboy

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I was gonna say the same thing - but instead of mylar I prefer flat white paint or even panda plastic

maybe just dial your grow in with the 600 and expand to both lights after you get a grow or 2 in there

not sure your living situation (rent/own - apt/house) and how your gonna vent lights and closet - but if you cant keep that small space below 90 (prefer 80-85) it could cause problems

hiboy

hiboy

whats kill about the painted walls like m load liked is that u can wipe em down and the paint is normally durable, mylar wrinkles, detaches now and then, its great but if the paint is as good its the way to play it
hiboy

S

smokestack23

The bills? From using "so much" light?
I started a thread recently to see what people were paying per kwh and the average seemed to be ten cents.
OP is planning on running just under 1Kw. If he's paying the average of 10 cents per, it's $1.20/day or $36/month.
I don't know the op but I'm guessing he can afford the bills. I hope lol.

I think you're on the right track op. Fire em both up and if it gets too hot..get better ventilation..lol..or ditch the 400.

PEACE

hiboy

hiboy

From experience a grow ago....
To run a 2000 watt set up in california, with a/c and ur regular household bills the cost averaged 400-475 a month\
No pool, kids, all gas appliances. It adds up.Even a 1000 watt will add up
hiboy

B

Budsbuddy

i run a 1000 hps in a closet sized 3x5x6

I mounted the light on a light mover and run good exhaust and supply fans and

keep the closet around 80

ps the girls like it

S

senate

I like the idea of a light mover. That was my main concern. The closet is a rectangle (2' x 5'8"), not a square, so I was afraid the 2 ends of the closet wouldnt be getting enough light if I took the 400 out. I have some of the diamond mylar stuff, but my closet isnt 100% light tight. Any thoughts? Thanks.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Get it lite tite. Atleast before you flip to 12/12. If you're already growing in the closet, get some mylar. If not, paint it. -PDX

Latest posts

Top Bottom