Too Much Light With Side Lighting?

• Thread starter CLoob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CLoob

Beginning to wonder if side lighting is a waste during my first grow? Currently running 2 x 600w Phlizion led lamps , 4 bulb T5 6700k on the backwall of a 48x24x72 tent.

Should I stop using side lighting? I’ve had stunted growth and read an article that too much lighting makes the plant absorb nutrients too quickly causing Nute burn.

Too much light with side lighting
Too much light with side lighting 2
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Dude have you checked for bugs? Those gals look like they’re in trouble. Thats not how healthy cannabis looks. Use a microscope when checking for them. Look under the leaves and in and around the flower clusters.

K

Kot

Something is really off. You better figure it out and start over because those plants look...

The culprit is not the light, I suppose.

C

CLoob

I’ve looked and have no bugs, plus I have 3 household spiders that live in the tent. I’ve just made newbie mistakes of over watering, Nute Burn, and light burn.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I’ve looked and have no bugs, plus I have 3 household spiders that live in the tent. I’ve just made newbie mistakes of over watering, Nute Burn, and light burn.
Scoped under leaves? Ditch the side lights, keep it simple concentrate on getting those ladies healthy there not happy:(

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

Lets say that you made the said mistakes, still, the new growth should come out better and healthy. I’m not seeing that either and that means even if you don’t have pests, which i think you should look for again, the stressful practises are still there. Without correcting your watering and feeding you will never get the benefit of all that light and actually it’ll add stress.

C

CLoob

I took out the T5’s and it’s really hard to tell if I have bugs due to I use a sonic humidifier using city water so it coats everything with white minerals. I did notice two of my house plants have yellowing areas. So house plants and marijuana plants have all been sprayed with Neem Oil. Hope this helps.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Start using bottled spring water and see if it helps. The minerals you are talking about are carbonates and will lock out much. Not sure if thats the only problem. If you don't see improvement on the smaller plant I think you may have to reset. What is going on with the larger plant? How many plants is that? confused by the photo but looks like mites in a bad form. A close up of the leaf would be helpful.

FatManatee

FatManatee

You are giving her too much nutrients, that's for sure. To know whether or not you are using too much light, there should not be more then 1000ppf of light hitting any of the leaves. You can measure the amount of light using a PAR meter.

Top Bottom