Too Much Or Too Little> ? Ionic With Calmag In Uc

• Thread starter snoopytime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snoopytime

snoopytime

Hi guys -

Undercurrent 16 8 gallon buckets, approx 130 gallons total, chilled, CO2, AC, running:

70ml of CalMag Plus
400ml of Ionic Grow
little shot of IBA solution

PPM = 300
PH = 5.6

1 week in UC, 4" rockwool in 8" netpots on hydroton

Roots are bomb

Plants look fried to me, what you guys think?

Sprayed with Magic Green incase its lockout and the leaves are missing anything.

Flushing pure RO right now

Too much or too little  ionic with calmag in uc
Too much or too little  ionic with calmag in uc 2
Too much or too little  ionic with calmag in uc 3
Too much or too little  ionic with calmag in uc 4
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hi guys -

Undercurrent 16 8 gallon buckets, approx 130 gallons total, chilled, CO2, AC, running:

70ml of CalMag Plus
400ml of Ionic Grow
little shot of IBA solution

PPM = 300
PH = 5.6

1 week in UC, 4" rockwool in 8" netpots on hydroton

Roots are bomb

Plants look fried to me, what you guys think?

Sprayed with Magic Green incase its lockout and the leaves are missing anything.

Flushing pure RO right now
Are you pulling air to your air stones from the room with high levels of c02?

snoopytime

snoopytime

Thx Event - air pumps are in a plenum drawing outside air. CO2 is around 900. thx for replying!

Robes

Robes

New to DWC, but flushing possible salt build up seems to be a good idea. Is heat a contributing factor? The lower fan leaves look like some type of nutrient lock out symtom to me too.

Robes

Robes

One other thought, your grow medium reminded me of an ebb and flow I used once with the same rockwool/stone set up which did actually wick salts like a magnet and i simply flushed from the top down with a light solution to remove salts.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

One other thought, your grow medium reminded me of an ebb and flow I used once with the same rockwool/stone set up which did actually wick salts like a magnet and i simply flushed from the top down with a light solution to remove salts.
he is only been in the median a week and its not top feed. Its uc, not much salt build up can ac-cure in the median ...

Robes

Robes

My suspicion was that it was coming from the rockwool wicking up from your grow module and not from top feeding the plant. Just a though I picked up from Cervantes.

Robes

Robes

I do agree with you that a week is too short of a time frame for the plant to be showing signs of a mag lock out.

gtrmike470

gtrmike470

How often ? In flower as well? Should I be using Cal mag in a mixture of Hydroton and perlite? Or is that more for coco?

Robes

Robes

Im shopping them and think an ap-60 pondmaster may be my best buy for a UC4 set up at about 30 gallons

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

How often ? In flower as well? Should I be using Cal mag in a mixture of Hydroton and perlite? Or is that more for coco?

It depends on what kind of water you are using. If you're using RO, add enough to raise your starting ppm to between 100 - 125 (500 scale). If you're using tap water you may not need any cal/mag. I can't use my tap water. The ppm is between 250 - 275. If you haven't already, test yours and see where it's at. If you end up needing it, add it every time you do a rez change.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

Wow I was just reading a post that included a link to current culture that said they recommend we start out at 150 ppm and top out at 900 ppm at the end of the cycle. Makes sense though when you think about it.

I've never gotten anywhere near 900 ppm and can't recall seeing anyone get that high. Depending on the strain I usually top out between 450 - 500. rdwc is very easy on nutes. Current Culture actually has 4 different feeding schedules and the ppm varies depending on the schedule.

snoopytime

snoopytime

OK Robes let me see if i can get a few shots taken. Supposedly they are stabilized out nicely at the 2ml per gallon of Ionic Grow. Thx

Top Bottom