Too much, or too little N?

• Thread starter suckabusta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
suckabusta

suckabusta

All my new growth has this nuclear, lime green coloring on the outer part of the leaves. Seems like it's only affecting new growth so far.

Growing in Coast of Maine stonington blend, amended with worm castings and Gaia green all purpose. Repotted from solo cups into 2gal pots about a month ago. Feeding with purified water bottles (until I can setup a more permanent solution) with mammoth P, biobizz bioheaven, sugaree, and calmag. Going slightly on the lighter side of the recommended amounts when mixing. Phd to 6.5ish

3 plants share 1 gallon of that water mixture, watering 2 or 3 times per week.

Too much or too little n
Too much or too little n 2

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, well firstly let’s start with what could be lights or watering..
and let’s have pictures of the grow area with plants

suckabusta

suckabusta

ok, well firstly let’s start with what could be lights or watering..
and let’s have pictures of the grow area with plants
20221224 232058

Not the best pic, I'll get a better one when the lights pop on. They're about due for water tonight most likely as well.

suckabusta

suckabusta

well definitely a transplant is needed..
does that fan oscillate or stay still?
2 gallon pots will need almost a 1/2 gallon of water..
Fan oscillates. Should I move up to a 5gal pot? I was waiting til I flip to flower to transplant so I can add the power bloom amendments. Probably going to wait another week or two before flipping.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Fan oscillates. Should I move up to a 5gal pot? I was waiting til I flip to flower to transplant so I can add the power bloom amendments. Probably going to wait another week or two before flipping.
mmmm, id transplant than when you do want to add your bloom. you can top dress with every watering.. probably a tablespoon added to surface of soil every watering..
id transplant..

suckabusta

suckabusta

mmmm, id transplant than when you do want to add your bloom. you can top dress with every watering.. probably a tablespoon added to surface of soil every watering..
id transplant..
I think you're right about that 👍. Growth has been slow the last week or so.

suckabusta

suckabusta

oh i bet it’s all roots it’s best to transplant before a watering so you water them after your done the transplant..
Tomorrow I'll get more worm castings and transplant into the final 5 gal containers. Going to amend the soil with the 4-4-4 and the worm castings, then once I flip and flowers begin development I'll start top feeding the bloom nutes.

Can I assume the 5 gal pots will be enough the finish them in?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
oh i bet it’s all roots it’s best to transplant before a watering so you water them after your done the transplant..
do the transplant and give her a few days before we do another analysis, as your concern could be from needing a transplant, or the lights a bit close or maybe but i doubt a calmag def.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Tomorrow I'll get more worm castings and transplant into the final 5 gal containers. Going to amend the soil with the 4-4-4 and the worm castings, then once I flip and flowers begin development I'll start top feeding the bloom nutes.

Can I assume the 5 gal pots will be enough the finish them in?
from 2-5 gallon, flipping in a couple weeks, yep i’d say your good..
don’t forget air holes in bottom and even lower sides..

suckabusta

suckabusta

do the transplant and give her a few days before we do another analysis, as your concern could be from needing a transplant, or the lights a bit close or maybe but i doubt a calmag def.

Ok sounds good, thanks!

The ac infinity s33 light is approx 2ft above set to 80 percent power. Doesn't seem to be hurting them. temps stay mid 70s lights on, around 69 70 lights off. I have a space heater blowing warm air at the intake, humidity 60-65%

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
from 2-5 gallon, flipping in a couple weeks, yep i’d say your good..
don’t forget air holes in bottom and even lower sides..
lightly pack in the soil as your filling the bucket and try to have the plant as close to the top of the bucket with a bit of room for watering.., maximize the room in the bucket 😁

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ok sounds good, thanks!

The ac infinity s33 light is approx 2ft above set to 80 percent power. Doesn't seem to be hurting them. temps stay mid 70s lights on, around 69 70 lights off. I have a space heater blowing warm air at the intake, humidity 60-65%
65 is kinda high, 45-60 is more ideal..

suckabusta

suckabusta

i don’t mean that large of a swing just having it somewhere between 45-55% is best..
I was told by my local hydro store to aim for 65 for veg. I've seen their personal grows and they seem to know what they're doing 🤷. Would save me having to refill this thing every day lol

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I was told by my local hydro store to aim for 65 for veg. I've seen their personal grows and they seem to know what they're doing 🤷. Would save me having to refill this thing every day lol
yep they have there environment and it works
generally starting out with seedling and young plants yes higher humidity but as she’s grows and enters flowering the humidity should be lowered also.. if anything you may notice that your watering a day earlier if you get your humidity to say 55 MAYBE.. but don’t do it drastically, lower it over a few days.

suckabusta

suckabusta

yep they have there environment and it works
generally starting out with seedling and young plants yes higher humidity but as she’s grows and enters flowering the humidity should be lowered also.. if anything you may notice that your watering a day earlier if you get your humidity to say 55 MAYBE.. but don’t do it drastically, lower it over a few days.
Got it, thanks for the input!

Cannagar

Cannagar

All my new growth has this nuclear, lime green coloring on the outer part of the leaves. Seems like it's only affecting new growth so far.

Growing in Coast of Maine stonington blend, amended with worm castings and Gaia green all purpose. Repotted from solo cups into 2gal pots about a month ago. Feeding with purified water bottles (until I can setup a more permanent solution) with mammoth P, biobizz bioheaven, sugaree, and calmag. Going slightly on the lighter side of the recommended amounts when mixing. Phd to 6.5ish

3 plants share 1 gallon of that water mixture, watering 2 or 3 times per week.

View attachment 1314186View attachment 1314187
Honestly that just looks like new growth. New growth tends to be a lighter green than older more mature parts of the plant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom