too much water & light?

• Thread starter piscesaquarist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

piscesaquarist

I was feeding 60 sec every 5 hours, I did a water change backed of the feeding to 45sec every 8 hours since the rock wool felt fairly moist. I left for new years weekend and came back to this disaster.

Plants are about three weeks old Nutes are Sensi A&B @ 600pmm and 6.0 ph lights are 8 vertical 1k's that are about 40" above the tops

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1299.JPG

P

piscesaquarist

Fixes? I've noticed that there's a lot of algae that's grown in the res would this have contributed to the problem

B

BayAreasFinest

id guess your water temps are to high, and you dont use air stones in your rez?

B

Buddy Flowers

do you have a pH and ppm meter? need to know the info on the water in your rez

P

piscesaquarist

I've read that take a small layer off the top of the cubes then covering will fix the algae/mold I've got a 60 gal res, how much H2O2 would I add?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Definitely not light burn, but they look seriously phosphorous deficient to me. I don't know a damn thing about running undercurrents, though. I can see algae taking up some nutrients, but not causing the problems I see. Mostly they look hungry.

B

BigCountry

It looks like the plants aren't big enough to be drying out those cubes in 5 hours.

Did they have bushy roots when you transplanted them?

I would probably water them once a day or less. Unless your room is hot and dry and they are actually drying out.

Also, look into cube caps, to block light and prevent algae. Some also come with drip emitters attached now.

I would say don't water until they dry out more. And run enzymes like Cannazyme or Higrozyme.

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

they are just being overwatered...the algae on the cubes are normal. i would handwater my rockwool every 3-4 days or til they feel light. you should add the drippers when the roots shoot out the bottom. they might come out of it if u dryem out a lil. if u cant wait start over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom