Too much?

• Thread starter Emilyann
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Emilyann

Emilyann

I'm confused about the organic perlite.i don't think it can be truely organic but that doesn't matter.

So you have no fertilizer in the media correct?

I'm not really an organic guy so it's hard for me to be able to give ya advice on it.

Something like this would be easy and fairly cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-MaxiGro-Gardening-2-2-Pound/dp/B00NQANQAC

Also a ph and ppm meter will be a must imo
So I agree with you on the organic perlite I kind of questioned that too I just figured I'd add it in there but it was a cheap bag that I got from Amazon. Thank you so much you are so helpful I think I might have a PPM tester I bought one from Amazon a while ago to test my colloidal silver. I also have a soil tester coming in the mail. And there is no fertilizer right now but I will put some of this orange bag that I got in there when I get home and will be careful to overdo it since it is higher than what I should use

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I agree with you on the organic perlite I kind of questioned that too I just figured I'd add it in there but it was a cheap bag that I got from Amazon. Thank you so much you are so helpful I think I might have a PPM tester I bought one from Amazon a while ago to test my colloidal silver. I also have a soil tester coming in the mail. And there is no fertilizer right now but I will put some of this orange bag that I got in there when I get home and will be careful to overdo it since it is higher than what I should use
Yeah very very small amount. I'm not familiar with organic nutrients in coco so I don't wanna give ya bad advice on it.

Hopefully someone chimes inhere to help ya.

4SkateMafia20

4SkateMafia20

Just a heads up,organic nutes in coco is unpredictable.Sometimes it works sometimes it causes all sorts of problems.Just make sure u ph in the 5.8-6.2 range.Unless we talking dry amendments etc then I have no idea how that works.My understanding is u need microbe life in order for organic nutes to be effective and coco has none/neutral more sorted for hydro nutes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just a heads up,organic nutes in coco is unpredictable.Sometimes it works sometimes it causes all sorts of problems.Just make sure u ph in the 5.8-6.2 range.Unless we talking dry amendments etc then I have no idea how that works.My understanding is u need microbe life in order for organic nutes to be effective and coco has none/neutral more sorted for hydro nutes.
Organics in pure hydro is a no no. In coco I think it can be done and done well I just can't say I know exactly how or what extent of organics and how much works. But the media itself is conductive to a good home for bacteria and fungus. Highly oxygenated, moist, and plenty of surface area.

Emilyann

Emilyann

I have a cheap bag of miracle grow the yellow bag what would that be like growing with these nutrients?

Emilyann

Emilyann

Yes I have 4 seedlings in coco but i have more seeds just wonder if i should start one in the miracle grow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes I have 4 seedlings in coco but i have more seeds just wonder if i should start one in the miracle grow.
It will work but need to mix it with perlite probably 70/30 is a good mix of it doesn't contain already (again never used it). They will need watered completely differently.

I would pick one method and stick to it to make things less complicated. Do as much reading as you can on it and look through journals of other growers using the same media. Lots of great info to be gained from that including the issues they have run into so you know what to expect

growsince79

growsince79

Check out this guy. He seems to have figured it out.

mancorn

mancorn

I'm confused about the organic perlite.i don't think it can be truely organic but that doesn't matter.

If I remember my biology class right, organic perlite is formed when a dinasor gets caught in a volcano. The resulting obsidian (SiO2C) contains trace amounts of carbon. As long as the obsidian is not heated with nuclear power then the perlite is organic. But I was stoned that day, so could be wrong.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If I remember my biology class right, organic perlite is formed when a dinasor gets caught in a volcano. The resulting obsidian (SiO2C) contains trace amounts of carbon. As long as the obsidian is not heated with nuclear power then the perlite is organic. But I was stoned that day, so could be wrong.
Thank you because I really though it was not possible 👍 I'm kinda shocked but hey it's good to learn new things.

kevinfever

kevinfever

I have a cheap bag of miracle grow the yellow bag what would that be like growing with these nutrients?
read the back it probably has synthetic fertilizer in it front says feeds for 6 months if your going for organic

Top Bottom