Too stretchy???????

• Thread starter DNDGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DNDGrower

Okay I am growing some seeds that a distant relative said came from Amsterdam. No idea on the strain, just where they came from. I have a couple of questions about my set-up and one of the plants. So, here goes:

Picture#1: This is my small closet set-up. I am running a 400 HPS at 20" above canopy with a 75 watt flo light in the middle for undergrowth light. I have another 20watt grow light running also. I rotate the plants daily to ensure equal time next to the grow light. There is a circulation fan blowing on the plant tops and I am controling the temps between 72-78 degrees. Humidity is hovering around 40%. Does this look sufficient for flowering these plants?

Pictures #2, 3, 4: This is HEXA. Does she look too lanky and stretched? She has a bunch of different buds starting. Does she look normal to you? She is nine days into flowering.

Picture #5: This is Princess and she is quickly catching up with HEXA's hieght but she is WAY more bushy. I threw her in for a comparison photo.

Am I doing things right or am I fucked up like a football bat?

DNDGrower

Garden
Too stretchy 2
Too stretchy 3
Hexabud
Princess1
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
All the plants look fine. Some will stretch more than others and you don't seem to have anything really stretchy there. Keep up the good work.

D

DNDGrower

Thats good to hear. I was worried that I had screwed something up and she was "stretching" in a bad way. My wife laughs at me cause I call them my babies and check on them as much as my dogs. LOL! I have five clones of each plant that seem to be rooting really well and should be repotted next weekend and into veg. Man I love this stuff.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have my 400's within about 8"-12" max from the canopy....my 1000's are at about 8"-10" off the canopy right now...having the lights closer really cuts down on any tendency to stretch..

The farther away your light source the more the plants tend to stretch.

Tex

D

DNDGrower

I wondered about that but am scared I will burn them. Seems at that height I can regulate the temperature better.

P

ProGroWannabe

DND....use "the back of the hand" test. Place your hand with your palm facing the plant, so that the back of your hand is facing the light. Take note of how warm the back of your hand gets. Now move the light down as far as you dare.....around a foot or so from the nearest part of the plant, like TK recommended. Place your hand in between them again just like before. If your hand is still comfortable after 20 seconds or so, then your light is not "too close".

D

Dyslexic

They look fine to me. Don't feel bad I call mine babies too and my Girl Friend loves my plants as much as her kids....JK I love them more than her kids.lol

D

DNDGrower

They look fine to me. Don't feel bad I call mine babies too and my Girl Friend loves my plants as much as her kids....JK I love them more than her kids.lol

OMG.....I almost pissed my pants on that one. Now thats some funny shit right there.

D

DNDGrower

I lowered the light yesterday to about 12" above the plants and they seem to like it. Thanks for the help folks.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
8-12" works great for me so long as I have a fan going, your girls will reciprocate the love. Good luck dnd :yes

Latest posts

Top Bottom