Tool touring this summer!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter samara
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

samara

TOOL is touring this summer!!!!!!!!!!

On the Toolband website, under news, it says the band will be touring this summer.

Here's a link, it's the second last post on the page.

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Samara

Confirmed dates: Ill update as the dates are confirmed

- July 18/2009 - Mile High Music Festival
Commerce city,Co USA

- August 1/2009 - Liberty state park
Jersey city, NJ

P

punkadc

no way??
maybe i could get tickets this time....(probably not tho)

...i must see tool live, someday

R

Rural_GrowOp

Man last time I was going to see them was on 9/11. needless to say they canceled that show. Would definitely like to get to see them this time around.

S

samara

They are amazing Live! Ive seen them 6 times live, and it just gets better and better.

They havn't set any dates yet I don't think, but keep an ear out.

Can't wait, 10,000 days tour is amazing, but so was the Lateralus and Aenima tours.

At any rate, anyone feel free to post anything about there next tour dates here.

Samara

P

punkadc

do you have to be a member of the tool army to get tix?

last time i tried to buy tickets, they sold out the very second they went on sale.... try as i might, i couldnt get tickets for any of the 3 shows they had in my area...

S

samara

No you don't have to be a member of the TOOL Army to get tix!! Ive never been a member and ive seen'em 6 times. It might depend on where ya live, not too many people are in to TOOL in my area, tix last for about 15 Whole minutes in my area.........

Keep trying punk, ya never know.

Samara

K

KingCrimson

I can not wait until they put the dates up. joy!
seen 'em 3 times also cant wait to add more to that number

P

punkadc

....It might depend on where ya live, not too many people are in to TOOL in my area, tix last for about 15 Whole minutes in my area....

that must be it.... there is alot of competition here in socal... aka Clusterfuck, USA

K

kill-9

they've only posted 2 dates so far. Last time they were around this area, i found out the same day the concert was happening, fuckin sucks.

R

Rural_GrowOp

I live near a smaller city where tickets are always easy to come by. You can usually go to a show the same day and get tix at the gate, but when tool comes the tickets are always sold out within the hour they go on sale.

Good for them to have such a following but sucks if your a procrastinator like me.

P

punkadc

i might have to take a road trip to be able to see 'em
someday
damnit
someday
:rock

M

MadSeason

I'm sure I will be at one of them, Samara. Tool is such a great band. One of the best live bands ever. If any of you ever has the chance to do mushrooms or acid at a Tool concert I highly recommend it. I saw them 5 times on the Aenima tour alone, they came through my area three times and were in the next city twice. The crazy thing is every show was different. Always a great visual show. Hope all of you can get tickets and check them out.

PEACE

J

John Ditchweed

no way??
maybe i could get tickets this time....(probably not tho)

...i must see tool live, someday

I understand how you feel I have missed them the last three times they have came........ I got a chance to see a perfect circle the last time they came through town.......

S

samara

Ive seen perfect circle twice, for mer de nom and the 13th step, absolutely amazing show. Hope they have some new stuff out too in the not so distant future.

Hope everyone gets tickets for Tool, happy hunting!!!

Anyone been to any Puscifer shows???

Samara

P

punkadc

...Hope everyone gets tickets for Tool, happy hunting!!!....

im not playin around this time.... me and my chick just got tickets to see them in new jersey aug. 1st... looks like im gonna have to stand front row for my bloody valentine :sad0047:...

but im seein TOOL!!!

S

samara

That a boy Punk.........Glad you got tickets. You wont be dissapointed. If you can, plz try and remember the setlist, im very interested to see what they are gonna play. Every show is a little different, but they usually play certain songs every show......be interesting to see which ones.

Have fun Punk,let us now how the show went!!!

Samara

P

punkadc

i will definitely let you all know how it goes, and i will try to remember the set list! im so excited! when we found out they were playing 30 miles from where my chicks aunt lives, we had to buy the tickets... ive never been to new york either, so that should be cool!

K

KingCrimson

That a boy Punk.........Glad you got tickets. You wont be dissapointed. If you can, plz try and remember the setlist, im very interested to see what they are gonna play. Every show is a little different, but they usually play certain songs every show......be interesting to see which ones.

Have fun Punk,let us now how the show went!!!

Samara

http://toolshed.down.net/tour/07fall.php
They have reviews and set lists for most if not all their shows. Its pretty nifty, especially for those of us with less than perfect memories such as myself.

As for what they play, I too am very interested. Will they be working stuff out for a new album? Will they be unemcumbered with promoting a new peice and just play what they want?

The three times I've seen 'em were all for 10,000 days. Once in Hamburg Germany, when they opened with lost keys (still best opening ever) But the show was short and though badass nothing compared to seeing their full blown US tour.

here in Orlando they played an awesome setlist including pushit, I wish I could decide if I was hearing what I thought or if it was the acid but they were epic, lasers and all.
Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism (Extended/Sped Up)
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Pushit (Extended Intro)
Wings For Marie Part I
10,000 Days Wings Part II
Lateralus (Extended/Drum Solo)
Vicarious

And then Bonnaroo words cannot describe. They opened with jambi again, played a similar setlist, except for lost keys (its so fucking awesome to see live) and a few others, like flood - I nearly shat meself. Closed with Aenema, which of course was epic.
B-roo 2007
Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
46&2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus - with Tom Morello
Vicarious
Aenema

Not to imply the shows were bad or dissapointing in any way, but my one and only negative remark is the similarity of the setlists.
I think there were 3 main versions used for the summer/fall 07 US tour at least, all mostly the same, sort of mini version of the bonnarroo set... which still technically finished 45 minutes ahead of its scheduled time. They are the best performers and musicians I have had the pleasure of seeing, that is the only reason I nit pick, because I expect a cut above the rest with them, and they deliver a new show every time within the same parameters by tweaking each song into a special unique experience but I would always love to see them explore more of their discography, which is another reason why I'm so excited for this new tour!

sorry for the wall of text.

P

punkadc

if they play 46&2, Lateralus, and Aenima when i see them, i can die happy!!!

K

KingCrimson

if they play 46&2, Lateralus, and Aenima when i see them, i can die happy!!!

I hope you get your wish. I want to see third eye, or eulogy, though I probably never will. At B-roo John Paul Jones was there with various bands and I was hoping we'd get a No Quarter, but again that will probably never happen.

Heres what they played in Hamburg.
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

and as for my comments previously about the preceived shortness of the setlist and the desire for more change, I do think it needs to be taken into consideration the difficulty of their songs not only in terms of length and memorization (its not your average 4/4 kiddos) but also the dexterity and sheer endurance needed to carry out the intense work that I am sure it involves.

Top Bottom