Top 5 Breeders?

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
This is where you're wrong. Seeds are extremely cheap when you consider the revenue they bring in. I see people crying about spending $100 on a pack to grow $5,000 worth of weed. You guys have your priorities all out of whack

Sure if I was buying seeds 10 to 15 years ago. Not even the case nowadays. How about spending 2 grand on seeds and not getting a single keeper to replace anything you currently have in veg. Some peoples standards are higher then others I guess. I guess every 100 dollar pack has a keeper in it right? There is so much more bullshit/untested/hyped shit out there now from people who have been growing for a year and started an IG account with pics of plants that arent even theirs or that picked up some clones from a club and hit it with a male from some other trash $100 pack that was never grown or tested that's its a huge waste of time and money. I value my time. If you want to play the I found the new fire game go right ahead. What little integrity that was in the seed game (I say that sparingly ) has pretty much gone out the window and its a craps shoot now. Not to say that everyone involved is like this (shoutout to the old homies in the game now) but when strains are getting marketed by clothing lines and rap songs now. Fuck it. Do you.

H

Highkev

When you compare it to the costs of other seeds not even close. I still pay for the best genetics just because the price of the need product cost so much

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If the flowers are coming down in price with the competitive market the seeds should cost less too.

$100 or more a pack is a black market price. For a flavor of the month pollen chuck its 10x too much in my opinion.

H

hawkman

Sure if I was buying seeds 10 to 15 years ago. Not even the case nowadays. How about spending 2 grand on seeds and not getting a single keeper to replace anything you currently have in veg. Some peoples standards are higher then others I guess. I guess every 100 dollar pack has a keeper in it right? There is so much more bullshit/untested/hyped shit out there now from people who have been growing for a year and started an IG account with pics of plants that arent even theirs or that picked up some clones from a club and hit it with a male from some other trash $100 pack that was never grown or tested that's its a huge waste of time and money. I value my time. If you want to play the I found the new fire game go right ahead. What little integrity that was in the seed game (I say that sparingly ) has pretty much gone out the window and its a craps shoot now. Not to say that everyone involved is like this (shoutout to the old homies in the game now) but when strains are getting marketed by clothing lines and rap songs now. Fuck it. Do you.

that's why it's so hard to find good genetic's WITH GOOD GERMINATUION - recently had out of 7 seeds 2 germinated, this makes you wonder about your germination methods and these were about $15.00 a seed would hate to spend $100.00 for 5 seeds no germination _ thank god there a re some good breeders with food germination rates - there are a few companies that I have used with 100% success rate

jamesicb

jamesicb

Breeders' Cup Limited has adopted a field selection system to select runners in the event fields are oversubscribed

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
And the noobs that eat them up have went up 100000x thanks to Instagram.
Things were so much simpler before regulation.
Growers ego is at an all time high! I see guys who have had a tent up less then two years and they act like they are Jesus walking on water with packs of s1’s as their credibility.
I think most expect to make there cash back selling to friends, and when that doesn’t work because all of them are trying to sell the extras too they fold because of the time and money you have to spend to grow.

H

hawkman

Growers ego is at an all time high! I see guys who have had a tent up less then two years and they act like they are Jesus walking on water with packs of s1’s as their credibility.
I think most expect to make there cash back selling to friends, and when that doesn’t work because all of them are trying to sell the extras too they fold because of the time and money you have to spend to grow.

there is that "down-side" of the whole thing - they make it difficult and expensive

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter

Couldn't have said it better myself

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
that's why it's so hard to find good genetic's WITH GOOD GERMINATUION - recently had out of 7 seeds 2 germinated, this makes you wonder about your germination methods and these were about $15.00 a seed would hate to spend $100.00 for 5 seeds no germination _ thank god there a re some good breeders with food germination rates - there are a few companies that I have used with 100% success rate

Even better was watching all the "Charity" auction drama and people coping a pack of deep chunk f1's for 5g's. LMAO hope to god that person stored them right cause that's a 15+ year old pack of seeds homie. 0/10 germ rate would suck lol.

But your point comes back to what I said. Growing and testing was a problem back in the day when almost everyone was in commercial mode. Hell I'm guilty of it. I have packs from buddies when I first started growing to check out and test I still have that I have never popped. Now growing and testing seed lines is almost non existent. I swear people take the seeds and put them strait into the package. That's why its always nice to see the homies actually growing out ALL of their warez before they end up in packs. Not to show it off but to keep some integrity behind their names. To all my buddies that I've gotten seeds from over the years. I swear I will pop them soon.... :D

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That brings up the other thing that really gets me. Breeders command a price for their seeds because they actually grow a lot of plants for multiple generations before selling the final product. And hopefully have a special talent for doing so. My favorite breeder grew hundreds for selection each time. I dont want seeds from permanent noobs with yellow and burned leaves even if it is strawberry alian dog mac daddy orignal skunk. The dispensary said it tested at 33%. Lol.

Crossing or just selfing clones is not breeding at all. Any hobbiest can do it and the results are not controlled at all. And pollen chucking a 4x8 does not a breeding growroom make. ;-)

The name of the famous strain used to mean a great plant would come from the seeds. Now it is a crapshoot of overly leafy poorly structured versions of already overbred plants. And flat boring out of balance highs.

H

hawkman

That brings up the other thing that really gets me. Breeders command a price for their seeds because they actually grow a lot of plants for multiple generations before selling the final product. And hopefully have a special talent for doing so. My favorite breeder grew hundreds for selection each time. I dont want seeds from permanent noobs with yellow and burned leaves even if it is strawberry alian dog mac daddy orignal skunk. The dispensary said it tested at 33%. Lol.

Crossing or just selfing clones is not breeding at all. Any hobbiest can do it and the results are not controlled at all. And pollen chucking a 4x8 does not a breeding growroom make. ;-)

The name of the famous strain used to mean a great plant would come from the seeds. Now it is a crapshoot of overly leafy poorly structured versions of already overbred plants. And flat boring out of balance highs.
just like any bother "new" business many, many issues

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I find most of the issues stem from “breeding” with flavors of the month. Many of them were anomalies that were obtained on accident through hermie prone genetics in the first place. If some random hermie is the cornerstone to your breeding program then you’ve got a shaky at best foundation to work with.

H

hawkman

I find most of the issues stem from “breeding” with flavors of the month. Many of them were anomalies that were obtained on accident through hermie prone genetics in the first place. If some random hermie is the cornerstone to your breeding program then you’ve got a shaky at best foundation to work with.
Just like Gorilla Glue is was a mistake - 3 strains crossed bread

H

hawkman

get ready to spend at least $100.00 - quite a bit of money for a "hope they are" good - really no way to know about a breeder unless it's mentioned on a growing site or friends - might be best to stick with the well known breeders (barney's, DNA, TH < ects) In house genetics strain start off at $200.00 a pack and UP !! It's hard to spend that kind of money ; hoping it Good genetic's > Seedfinders.eu is a very good site for strain reviews

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
IMO its best to check the grow diaries here and other places. See what people are growing. They took the plunge due to some reason and you can see what issues or problems they've run into. Once you start seeing a pattern with certain breeders and find strains that interest you, you can then search google for reviews.

I've got quite a long process (normally) for selecting which genetics to obtain. None of the flavors of the month really intrigue me until they are well proven and documented. Sure I won't have the latest hype strain but I also won't have nearly as many flame-outs in my collection either.

I made the mistake back in the early 2000s of chasing rainbows and unicorns and stumbled on some gems and a whole lot of garbage along the way.

We live and learn and if you don't do your research you'll spend a lot more time learning than growing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

get ready to spend at least $100.00 - quite a bit of money for a "hope they are" good - really no way to know about a breeder unless it's mentioned on a growing site or friends - might be best to stick with the well known breeders (barney's, DNA, TH < ects) In house genetics strain start off at $200.00 a pack and UP !! It's hard to spend that kind of money ; hoping it Good genetic's > Seedfinders.eu is a very good site for strain reviews

In house genetics is the perfect example of the leafy poorly bred plants i am talking about.

I have no desire to strain hunt. I get quality seeds for years for wholesale prices. And my favorite breeder has shared personal testers from breeders he respects.

I have had a bunch from other growers too. And i could simply make my own s-1’s from the good plants i have here.

Todays seed business is a scam. Barneys and others that volume use seed mills. Thats the other end of the business. Huge production without care for cash.

Here is a good example. Sensei seeds sold ed rosenthal super bud for $250 per pack. My favorite breeder has picked and reworked this line and even when i only got a 5 pack it cost $45 or so.

Sad though. He is moving on to other endeavors like many old school guys that dont like the modern regulations and players.

H

hawkman

IMO its best to check the grow diaries here and other places. See what people are growing. They took the plunge due to some reason and you can see what issues or problems they've run into. Once you start seeing a pattern with certain breeders and find strains that interest you, you can then search google for reviews.

I've got quite a long process (normally) for selecting which genetics to obtain. None of the flavors of the month really intrigue me until they are well proven and documented. Sure I won't have the latest hype strain but I also won't have nearly as many flame-outs in my collection either.

I made the mistake back in the early 2000s of chasing rainbows and unicorns and stumbled on some gems and a whole lot of garbage along the way.

We live and learn and if you don't do your research you'll spend a lot more time learning than growing.

how true and well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

hawkman

In house genetics is the perfect example of the leafy poorly bred plants i am talking about.

I have no desire to strain hunt. I get quality seeds for years for wholesale prices. And my favorite breeder has shared personal testers from breeders he respects.

I have had a bunch from other growers too. And i could simply make my own s-1’s from the good plants i have here.

Todays seed business is a scam. Barneys and others that volume use seed mills. Thats the other end of the business. Huge production without care for cash.

Here is a good example. Sensei seeds sold ed rosenthal super bud for $250 per pack. My favorite breeder has picked and reworked this line and even when i only got a 5 pack it cost $45 or so.

Sad though. He is moving on to other endeavors like many old school guys that dont like the modern regulations and players.
thanks for the heads up about them (IN House) hard to get to the "meat" of things without help from other cultivators, you are right about barney's and the others they have been around for many years "seed mills" for the average cultivator this is an issue - all ways open for new genetics from good breeders ? (any)

Top Bottom