Top 5 Favorite Films.

• Thread starter MightyStoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Medic

Man how did i forget the Goonies. Always a classic. Nephew watch that like 10 times a day.

" Hey you GUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYSSSSSSSS"

M

MightyStoner

I just watched a documentary called "True Bond". Its all about the agent bond was based off of. His name is Dusko Popov and he was a british/german double agent. He said in the beginning of the film "Spys live there cover and I was lucky enough to have my cover be Playboy". Ian Flemming even told him at one point he was going to write "the spy novel to beat all spy novels" using him and his adventures as the premise.
Good stuff I want to see a movie based off of his real exploits as I think the reality of things is always more dramatic than anything a writer can pen. Course thats assuming the actual cases have been declassified by now.

M

MightyStoner

AHHH I didnt mention Ed Wood. Probably the last great Tim Burton film now he's a schlocky as it comes(though some say that of Depp to but I think he is far less up his own ass than Burton.)

M

MightyStoner

Big Fish was ok but i think he was trying a little too hard to stylize the film. I think it would have been better with Burton producing and a different director. I think thats the film where he finally just detached from the real world. I mean look what came after Big Fish, Planet of The Apes, Sweeney Todd, now Alice in Wonderland. Whatever happened to Burton he used to be so much more original.

M

Medic

remember when he did the first batman. That was pretty "noir-ish" man.

darksideX

darksideX

not in order..

lock,stock and two smokin' barrels
sin city
scarface
fear and loathin' in las vegas
godfather 2
kill bill
happy gilmore
ghost dog
easy rider
snatch
goodfellas
harold and kumar
fight club
& and so much more.. sry can't choose only five..:)

M

MIZZ ELVIS

1. Any original James Bond flick(Sean Connery Was, is, and always will be the best and only 007)
2. The Outlaw Josey Wales(Clint Eastwood a true B.A.M.F.)
3.Schindler's List
4. All seven Lone Wolf and Cub films starring Tomisaburo Wakayama as Ogami Ittō Starting with Sword of Vengence( The most amazing stylized samurai violence ever. check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lu_yzmDKGk )
5. Taxi driver, casablanca, predator, A Clockwork Orange, rebel without a cause, Ben Hur, The exorcist, The sound of music, Forest Gump, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Guns of Navarone, Cape Fear- I cant just pick 5, its too hard for a film freak like myself.

S

StonedOwl

1 - Dawn of the dead, unrated directors cut.

2 - The Evil dead trilogy (Ash is the shit, long live Bruce Campbell!)

3 - Serenity

4 - Children of men

5 - Ghost dog, and the way of the samurai.

S

Sirius

oh you bastard stoned owl! i thought i was going to be the first one to post evil dead.. i was actually typing that when my computer froze... hahaha...

and jim jarmusch is the shit! the indian in ghost dog is the same guy as in dead man... "stupid fuckin white man" haha

thats so funny you were thinkin of bruce though... wow

taxi driver, mizz has got to find its way to everyone's top 5...

hey what about heavy metal?

http://img91.invalid.com/img91/4255/hmshot10ljb8.jpg

L

LOCO__MOCO

In no order:

The Godfather 1 & 2
Easy Rider
Goodfellas
City of God

S

StonedOwl

I’ve based most of my life off Ashes example. The man has a chainsaw hand for gods sake!....Need I say more?......I think not. :D

M

MightyStoner

On our Honeymoon we went to see Evil Dead the Musical on Broadway! We sat in the front row and got covered in stage blood and then wandered around Manhattan. It was fun we went to times square mcdonalds had a quick meal, wandered into the window behind the sports desk at ESPN.(the cameramen started going crazy trying to shoot around the bloody couple) Then we had a nice subway ride back to the bronx(cheaper to stay there than manhattan) and finally a very red shower.

Good Times.

B

bon

Premium Member
Supporter
1 - City Of God
2 - The Big Lebowski
3 - L'apartement
4 - C'est arrivé pres de chez vous
5 - Fargo

Latest posts

Top Bottom