• Tagged users None
Tank333

Tank333

Not having the proper environment
Overfeeding
Under lighting
Not understanding your ph swing
Using sugars
When you say "not understanding your PH swings". What do you mean by that?

Amber

Amber

I see a lot of people try to keep their PH at say 5.8 constant with their doser. I think you need a good swing so that plants can uptake the correct nutrients at the optimal levels for each. Some are optimally available at 5.5 some not til 6. I also see a lot of people posting asking why there ph is dropping, you don't want any drop a steady rise is best IMO.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Environment, overfeeding, improper training, Unbalanced Stew Mix/Too Many additives or wrong % of them, inpatient.....

Edit: I like Amber Ph swing as an answer. I answered before I read anyone else's but like always she nailed it...
Other swings I play with.. Water level and temps, and when to adjust them, along with room temp and humidity changes..

Last edited:
D

donkeydon

always enviro then overfeed. getting co2 and nutes dialed.i will spend my life adjusting water temps and levels with temps and rh.a lot to learn

Amber

Amber

I'm pretty interested in how you swing your water level and temps. What type of swing are you using there?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I'm pretty interested in how you swing your water level and temps. What type of swing are you using there?
I have been playing with dropping the water level as I progress through flower. So far I like dropping my water level starting at week 4 of flower. I turn off my float valve my last week of flush. I top off my ro that week about half way through. Those girls drink like it's the last supper... haha. I also drop my water temps that week to help with ripening the girls up. I was dropping my water level as I moved through flower but this round I kept it at the line in the epi up till week 4 and dropped just below the line and kept there till week 6 and these UC girls are the biggest yet, for og's and really lush.

D

donkeydon

I have been playing with dropping the water level as I progress through flower. So far I like dropping my water level starting at week 4 of flower. I turn off my float valve my last week of flush. I top off my ro that week about half way through. Those girls drink like it's the last supper... haha. I also drop my water temps that week to help with ripening the girls up. I was dropping my water level as I moved through flower but this round I kept it at the line in the epi up till week 4 and dropped just below the line and kept there till week 6 and these UC girls are the biggest yet, for og's and really lush.
got my girls at the pvc line at the end. hell yes

D

donkeydon

I can give you 10, I learned just the past month :blackeye:
funny as hell. there is always something or im slacking/ and that will not end. I have to see my flowerroom everyday just got to.its easy peasy really.i see where some of the ucs can be programmed to do everything but I still think you will see me in my garden almost daily .ps. that's all imgrowing is wifi.i know that in a couple runs that ill be playing with fire as jackmayoffer loved to say.thats all I want to do . period end of discussion. you got a keeper every 7 pack all girls. this is first round. will run 4 seeds every run 7/8 months from now ill say it came down to 2 monster girls.they weigh tons when grown vertical 1 ks. im hooked . I know I can go horizonel next run with 4 to every 1k and kill weight but I like the 1 girl per light.when your done they are beasts.not a ton of extra playing with screens or lollipopping the skirts either.

D

donkeydon

Environment, overfeeding, improper training, Unbalanced Stew Mix/Too Many additives or wrong % of them, inpatient.....

Edit: I like Amber Ph swing as an answer. I answered before I read anyone else's but like always she nailed it...
Other swings I play with.. Water level and temps, and when to adjust them, along with room temp and humidity changes..
I tell this to my redhead all the time and she doesn't see the humor in it. lol. you nailed it though being able to manipulate envoi we can always get better .that's another reason I stick to one strain for 5 or 6 runs .spend a few runs seeing what she can take is sweet. you can only get better .im not keen on adding anything with my cs nutes.the one I might add would be one at week 7 .I don't want to add as much as learn feeding patterns and slowly push my girls up. not early flower . for me its about keeping them vigorish from seed to chop. as much as I can. I am keeping my ph swinging from 5.4 to 6.2 in veg.5.2 to 6.1 in flower next run.feeding was my mistake.was trying the rez and overfed.got it now.

Shane20

Shane20

At what level do you keep your water? Do you swing?

Water level in the beginning is the most important I think. I used to have water level right at roots or rockwool depending on going straight from cloner or having them in rockwool. I find with rockwool its best to keep water level about 1/2" to an inch under basket and let roots search for the water (no topfeeding). If water is to close to the rockwool it stays to wet and doesnt breath (seems to choke out the roots and slow growth). There is enough moisture and humidity under basket for roots to search it out. I also start lowering water level around week 4 till finish. Seems to keep the plants happy. My .02 cents

G

globe_toker

Very informative thread everyone! As a beginner with UC myself, it's important to be aware of these potential mistakes. It's great to have a lot of experienced members pass down their learning experiences and also information to the newbies.

One thing I thought stood out was the importance of having backup parts in case of failure. (Eg. pumps, lamps, electrical misc etc.) The last thing I would ever want would be a pump fail and have it on order with an eta of 2 weeks.

Top Bottom