Top 5 mistakes

• Thread starter globe_toker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

donkeydon

Very informative thread everyone! As a beginner with UC myself, it's important to be aware of these potential mistakes. It's great to have a lot of experienced members pass down their learning experiences and also information to the newbies.

One thing I thought stood out was the importance of having backup parts in case of failure. (Eg. pumps, lamps, electrical misc etc.) The last thing I would ever want would be a pump fail and have it on order with an eta of 2 weeks.
as long as its Friday. wouldn't happen on any uther day. murphys law

namedul

namedul

Don't move your plant bottoms including lifting lids. I feel soon or later you will lift wrong the wrong side and from the weight of a massive root zone and water weight your Going to rip some roots

D

donkeydon

Very informative thread everyone! As a beginner with UC myself, it's important to be aware of these potential mistakes. It's great to have a lot of experienced members pass down their learning experiences and also information to the newbies.

One thing I thought stood out was the importance of having backup parts in case of failure. (Eg. pumps, lamps, electrical misc etc.) The last thing I would ever want would be a pump fail and have it on order with an eta of 2 weeks.
Jalisco kid calledem emergency kits when I was building my rooms/you cannot have enough put up.thats when a homey from jacomy needs the farm.its all we got alotta long weekends.3 days is forever/

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Mistake number one Buying a UC! go buy a bag of crack your going to need it, lol
Mistake number two "thinking your going to pick up growing in the UC real quick. LOL
Veging to long, get the chain saw.
Needing a way bigger drying room for all the cannabis.
Needing many more friends to help smoke all that extra cannabis.
Having everyone call you a bull shiter when you say your trees are 1 to 2 pounds each.
Having enough to give it away to needy patents, never thought I could do this.
Four years of non-stop learning and a spare room with every size of pump, hose, clamps, air pumps. filters and tons of other shit taking over my life.

and now after all that misery with the UC, I find myself facing even more and bigger UC's. I have the thankless job as the master grower at a legal Cannabis company and it's all the fault of the UC and Daniel, I should never have bought that dam UC system.

I'm now stuck with my Dream job, funny how that works, all that learning, and help from my friends here,

Go ahead and dive in

Keep your air pumps above your highest water level, if the power goes out and your pump is on the floor it will back siphon all the water on to your floor.
Toss out your air stones after ever grow and get new ones. Buy in bulk online there real cheap the blue ones. Forget about adding more or bigger air pumps or stones.
Don't use all kinds of products, stick to a top line and only use a PK booster for your first few grows. Less to go wrong.
Shit happens fast in the UC pay attention, listen, look and smell.
Plan for a water leak. I have EDMP in all my rooms as a liner (pond liner) I had 300 gallons get away from me with a fractured pod, old style and likely my fault due to improper install. That was the uniseal days!!!!!@#$%$#@

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I've noticed a couple people say using sugars is a mistake. Would you be referring to molasses as well? And why is it a mistake. Unless you dont let em get flushed out, cause I know sugars make the smoke harsh and lengthens your cure time.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I've noticed a couple people say using sugars is a mistake. Would you be referring to molasses as well? And why is it a mistake. Unless you dont let em get flushed out, cause I know sugars make the smoke harsh and lengthens your cure time.
Sugars are microbe food. Sterile is best for beginner in UC, cuz pythium and other pathogens love sugar too. The beneficial microbes have a tough time colonizing in RDWC, IME.
Never heard that sugar makes smoke harsh or lengthened cure time.

D

donkeydon

Mistake number one Buying a UC! go buy a bag of crack your going to need it, lol
Mistake number two "thinking your going to pick up growing in the UC real quick. LOL
Veging to long, get the chain saw.
Needing a way bigger drying room for all the cannabis.
Needing many more friends to help smoke all that extra cannabis.
Having everyone call you a bull shiter when you say your trees are 1 to 2 pounds each.
Having enough to give it away to needy patents, never thought I could do this.
Four years of non-stop learning and a spare room with every size of pump, hose, clamps, air pumps. filters and tons of other shit taking over my life.

and now after all that misery with the UC, I find myself facing even more and bigger UC's. I have the thankless job as the master grower at a legal Cannabis company and it's all the fault of the UC and Daniel, I should never have bought that dam UC system.

I'm now stuck with my Dream job, funny how that works, all that learning, and help from my friends here,

Go ahead and dive in

Keep your air pumps above your highest water level, if the power goes out and your pump is on the floor it will back siphon all the water on to your floor.
Toss out your air stones after ever grow and get new ones. Buy in bulk online there real cheap the blue ones. Forget about adding more or bigger air pumps or stones.
Don't use all kinds of products, stick to a top line and only use a PK booster for your first few grows. Less to go wrong.
Shit happens fast in the UC pay attention, listen, look and smell.
Plan for a water leak. I have EDMP in all my rooms as a liner (pond liner) I had 300 gallons get away from me with a fractured pod, old style and likely my fault due to improper install. That was the uniseal days!!!!!@#$%$#@
were all on pins and needles and I want to work w/ u on the crazy ass part time job u got.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Sugars are microbe food. Sterile is best for beginner in UC, cuz pythium and other pathogens love sugar too. The beneficial microbes have a tough time colonizing in RDWC, IME.
Never heard that sugar makes smoke harsh or lengthened cure time.
I just realized everybody is refering to a UC system. I'm a soil guy Lol. This is out of my range of experience.

Owlfarm

Owlfarm

Donkey says using the cs roots at 5ml for a flush works well. I'm curious. I saw those instructions on the cs jugs but never tried it out. Anyone else have success with this?

Alice D

Alice D

1)not having environment absolutely perfect,mostly the ability to get your rh up near 70%
2)trying to throw to many additives into your mix which in turn causes lockouts,over fertilization or root issues
3)trying to run bennies in the UC when you don't have properly made teas
4)thinking you can run more modules than you should
5)not enough light per plant
6)thinking your going to see 2-3 potatoes per light
7)not properly pruning your roots
8)over vegging plants
9)adding to many nutrients or to high of EC
10)forgetting when your running sterile to add roots or h2o2 every few days

These were the first things I thought of that I personally had problems with but if it wasn't for all the generous farmers here I'm sure I could of list 20 or 30 here are some more I could think of-
No chiller=no positive results
Not keeping water level high in the beginning so you get a lot of lateral root growth
Not having water tested and thinking you can use tap water(especially if you have a well)
Not being able to read your plants when their telling you they need more or less of something
Letting light into the system by not wrapping all PVC and modules
Letting roots grow into the PVC restricting flow or a rock getting into your return line doing the same restricting flow
Forgetting to plug your pump back in after your weekly nute change
Not changing out your nutes weekly letting your stew become unbalanced
Not having a level playing surface causing some net pots to have to much water or water sitting to low causing roots to stall on that row.
Letting your air stone sit directly in front of bulkhead causing pressure and unrestricted flow of water through that row of plants. One way to notice this is,if you can hear the system burping big bubbles check your stones.
Thinking your root mass isn't big enough to flip your plants into flower. Your roots will double in size just like your plants once put into flower.
Hope this helps

Top Bottom