Top Buds Done Lowers Not

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

How do I best harvest a cola where only the top buds are ready. Chop it down from the top a little bit at a time?
Photo is of Bubba Kush.

IMG 0165
IMG 0161
M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Exactly

Remove the top finished buds, then remove any leaves in the way of lower buds and let them finish up. Take care

mal

T

TreFarmer

yummmy

MAL has gotcha, I just wanna say yummmmy! I have a Bubba shrub in my garden, she's one of my all time favorites!! Enjoy

hiboy

hiboy

Mals technique rocks.
Push em as long as u can..
cut off that top canopy
h

P

Producer

Hmmm, I actually didnt know this either.
I was wondering the same thing on my last grow.
Thanks Dorjewright for posting this question and thanks Mal for answering!
Props.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
How many fruiting or flowering plants are taken in their entirety? None but cannabis as far as I know. We never cut the tomato stalk when we see the most ripe tomatoes, or cut the squash vine from it's roots with still forming vegetable bodies, so I always wondered why cannabis farmers take the whole plant at once, where forced environmental factors are not the issue.

I know some genetics are more responsive to this- Flo, Ed R. Superbud, etc. and it makes more sense to me than taking the whole plant at once.

I've been harvesting my Blue Widow for two weeks already, probably keep her going another two, assuming this beautiful CO weather holds through

Love & Light

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just harvested all my corn last night. It's all coming down today, and that bed will be being prepared for another crop.

dorjewright

dorjewright

If it weren't for the rain I'd wait to chop the tops. But the botrytis is decimating the Purple Kush (first photos); so far so good on the GDPs ( last 2 pics); but I'd hate to be surprised.

IMG 2835
IMG 2838
IMG 2840
IMG 2841
IMG 2843
IMG 2846
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The way they're colored up, I'd say they're awfully close anyway, maybe not even another week left in them. Better to chop, I agree.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Thanks for the encouragement Seamaiden. Started taking the tops off the GDP too; a little bit of bud rot but acceptable.

Top Bottom