Top colas look ready due to low ferts?

• Thread starter rabyrab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rabyrab

Please help,

Its in week 6 but was just flushed for too low of a ph & over fert. 1 week later i now see some purple on the top leaves when there bubba kush. All conditions are now good, this is soil and im given them 40% nutes.

1. Top leaves are turning Purple, why?

2. Are they ready for harvest? I noticed the top colas are mostly amber and the overall growth has been halted for a week now. So im thinking since it was too low of a ph for the last 5 mths of the plants life (this is my buddies grow now im helping him) and now I'm only seeing minimal growth, new leaves are happy but it looks to me that i have to chop the top colas down pretty soon, correct?

Top colas look ready due to low ferts
Top colas look ready due to low ferts 2
Top colas look ready due to low ferts 3
Top colas look ready due to low ferts 4
Top colas look ready due to low ferts 5
W

webeblzr

Sometimes if growth slows it can be due to making seeds.
One of the reasons I gave soil the boot in my gardens, is I like having the growth factors at my fingertips. IOW's, since I mix up their nutes, I can adjust them as I see they need. With soil, I was stuck when a problem cropped up, flushing takes forever in soil. Movement is very slow.

I also like nutes to be broken down into specific needs, veg nutes, flower nutes, and addiments. Then to whip up a good transition juice, it's simply some veg nutes and bloom nutes, if they are going to stay in veg longer, I add a touch of B1, and root tonic.
If they are going into flower, I dont add those, but some KaBloom 1/4 the amount or so.

I also like to keep all the nasty leaf picked off. Dying leaf is a haven for unwanted charactors on the girls!!

Only harvest to your loupe. For myself, I like to catch trics, cloudy, with a couple to a few reddies in the eye piece. I scope 10 places and use and average from them to decide if the girl as a plant is ready to chop.
If the lower portions are not ready, cut what is and wait. Then a nice slow cure.

R

rabyrab

can you show me a pic of what i am looking for under a loop, thanks.

Top Bottom